Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

"Shaun Wright-Phillips set for Charlton"

Comments

• Options
    Drop one of the non-scoring strikers. Play JC and Poyet in the middle, AA ahead of them, with SWP and Reza or Tudgay on the left. Then one of the strikers, be it Reza, Church or Pete up front. Jacko to rotate in or come on as an impact player or to shore up the game. I'd like to see that.
  • Options
    If he has anything like the attitude of the other big time charlies who turned up yesterday - no thanks!
  • Options
    At the moment I think we need an impact player, if SWP could come here and transform the teams results enabling us to stay up, then bring him on.
    To a degree, regardless of the cost.
  • Options
    Danny Green has only played half the game for us in 3 years that he played for Dagenham in 2 years. This says a lot. I've always been a fan actually but yesterday he really struggled. Such a shame.
  • Options
    buckshee said:

dizzee said:

buckshee said:

At least SWP has a footballing brain. Something that Green (amongst other things) is sadly lacking.

I'd argue its the complete opposite. SWP made it on his pace, but didnt have a footballing brain. Greeny has got a footballing brain, but no skill, pace or anything to back it with.
    He defo ain't got a footballing brain. Takes up bad positions all the time . In the promotion season away to Bournemouth I remember us playing the ball up towards Yann on the right in the air , four times he won it and four times Green was nowhere to be seen for the flick on. Everyone in the crowd was shouting this at him and in the end Yann had to pull him up and point it out to him in quite forceful terms.

Two years down the line and he's still just as bad.
    A football brain would have sent Reza or Church in rather than try to shoot from 30 yards. Agree, that's a ridiculous statement.
  • Options
    rikofold said:

buckshee said:

dizzee said:

buckshee said:

At least SWP has a footballing brain. Something that Green (amongst other things) is sadly lacking.

I'd argue its the complete opposite. SWP made it on his pace, but didnt have a footballing brain. Greeny has got a footballing brain, but no skill, pace or anything to back it with.
    He defo ain't got a footballing brain. Takes up bad positions all the time . In the promotion season away to Bournemouth I remember us playing the ball up towards Yann on the right in the air , four times he won it and four times Green was nowhere to be seen for the flick on. Everyone in the crowd was shouting this at him and in the end Yann had to pull him up and point it out to him in quite forceful terms.

Two years down the line and he's still just as bad.
    A football brain would have sent Reza or Church in rather than try to shoot from 30 yards. Agree, that's a ridiculous statement.
    Absolutely. Wilson spent most of the first half telling Green to get either tighter or stop standing on his toes as Danny seemed to have lost all positional sense
  • Options

Danny Green has only played half the game for us in 3 years that he played for Dagenham in 2 years. This says a lot. I've always been a fan actually but yesterday he really struggled. Such a shame.

A typical Green game. Maybe it's just taken you 2 years to see what everyone else has been seeing? ;-)
  • Options
    Danny Green...the player you want to do well but he's so un-confident and has no composer. He won't ever turn it around too many chances and wasted them.

On the basis that we played Green last night....I would like SWP in for the remaining season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

No rush this week he wouldn't be able to play against QPR or in the cup so save a weeks wages

93 day loan - Important to have him eligible for our playoff games.
  • Options

Anyone play that New Star Soccer game on the iPhone? I do, and every so often you get the ball and you see a tiny little gap between the keeper and the post, You know you should lay it off but you think sod it and shoot. It sails over. You do this every single time, because you know just maybe there's an outside chance it could creep in. Danny Green is the embodiment of New Star Soccer

Love NSS on the iPad.

I posses a touch of Claus on that game.
  • Options

Have I missed something, pretty certain I read an exclusive some where on the internet a couple of days ago that SWP was definately signing for us today but I can't find the official announcement?

Think you might have exclusively read it on this forum ;).

If any announcement was to be made about SWP it would be after we played them and this FA cup fixture.
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

Love NSS on the iPad.

you do what NSS on the I pad does he know you do it 8)
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Swisdom said:

SWP is on the coach to Sheff Weds - it's official. I saw him being dropped off earlier at the training ground

Is that Wilson or Poyet with him? I cannot tell as their haircuts are to similar.
  • Options

Have I missed something, pretty certain I read an exclusive some where on the internet a couple of days ago that SWP was definately signing for us today but I can't find the official announcement?

He's turning up with the new Russian owners according to the same source !!
  • Options
    I know this won't happen now....but get this, SWP isn't cup tied.
  • Options
    Bet he's waiting to see if we get to the SF at Wembley before signing. Glory boy!!! :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I don't think that SWP will be coming here.
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

Really
    Shock horror news

• Options
    Another great exclusive from Mystic Meg over at that other site.
  • Options

dickplumb said:

Really
    Shock horror news

He said "don't THINK" so it's stating his opinion .. So really your sarcastic comment couldn't of been less funnier and pointless

• Options
    Seriousockquote class="Quote" rel="CharltonByBlsarcasm>
    dickplumb said:

Really
    Shock horror news

He said "don't THINK" so it's stating his opinion .. So really your sarcastic comment couldn't of been less funnier and pointless

Err called tongue in cheek,banter,harmless sarcasm,
    Some people realy do take comments on here and life too
    Seriously!
    Bundle of laughs to be out with
    Probally talk all night about the pros and cons of a
    Ford mondeo estate?

• Options

Seriousockquote class="Quote" rel="CharltonByBlsarcasm>

dickplumb said:

Really
    Shock horror news

Err called tongue in cheek,banter,harmless sarcasm,
    Some people realy do take comments on here and life too
    Seriously!
    Bundle of laughs to be out with
    Probally talk all night about the pros and cons of a
    Ford mondeo estate?

Pro Its roomy

Con Not cool

• Options
    I say that as was at mk dons a few seasons back and two olds farts behind us waffled on about mondeos for the whole game
  • Options
    I really don't understand why you bothered posting your comment. It wasn't very funny or clever, just rather pointless. It certainly wasn't banter.
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

I really don't understand why you bothered posting your comment. It wasn't very funny or clever, just rather pointless. It certainly wasn't banter.

Oh dear - it's not real you know.