Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

*Preview* / Sheffield Wednesday VS Charlton Athletic / FA Cup 5th round (KO 19:45)

Comments

• Options
    Hamer
    Nego morro dervite wiggins
    Wilson cousins jj Harriott
    Adjarevic
    Reza
    1-1

• Options
    owl-zat said:

You took less than 300 up for both the League Cup and Championship meetings too although i do note they were both night matches still pretty poor

Bore off.

• Options
    It would be nice to win through, but don't really care. League more important. Play the under 21's. Good experience.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Must be a right prick teaser for the Wendy's being so close to getting a crack at their famous old arch rival...They will feel wounded when they lose to us....
  • Options

owl-zat said:

You took less than 300 up for both the League Cup and Championship meetings too although i do note they were both night matches still pretty poor

Bore off.

We've covered that comment and moved on, do keep up!

• Options
    owl-zat said:

45 years old and looking for bites. Nice one owl-zat. As for the game, yesterday will give us MASSIVE confidence so hoping that will see us through. Think we will lose though. They are on fire.

I age with every post you make!

46 years old and looking for bites.
  • Options

owl-zat said:

45 years old and looking for bites. Nice one owl-zat. As for the game, yesterday will give us MASSIVE confidence so hoping that will see us through. Think we will lose though. They are on fire.

Damn you Randy, I'll be needing a walking stick by kick off time tomorrow l.o.l

• Options
    edited February 2014
    owl-zat said:

owl-zat said:

Damn you Randy, I'll be needing a walking stick by kick off time tomorrow l.o.l

Least you already have a nappy though, with a big pin in the side....I bet you look like George Dawes off shooting stars?

• Options
    All the players, including Wiggins will be tested for their recovery. I would expect Wiggins to play as I think he has a good engine. My biggest doubt to start would be JJ. Powell probably won't know his team until testing tomorrow for this reason!
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    If we can hold on to half time I can see the massive fans getting on the home sides back and we could nick it . Concede early then it could be curtains.

I'm going for a 1-1
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Its not very often Charlton fans get a day in the sun , Wembley 98 Play Off Final , Fa Cup Quarter Finals away to Man United , Carlisle Promotions etc , but these are few and far between events , tomorrow we have a chance to create and continue a small bit of club history , to make the club proud , to bring some much needed joy and hope to an otherwise iffy season , so come on Charlton , gird your loins , get your rattles out and make some noise , and get behind the lads non stop , go for it Charlton , your time has come , Come On You Reds!!
  • Options
    Don't have a rattle, MIA so would clicking my false teeth together do ?

:-)
  • Options
    They seem a little too complacent about this in Sheffield and looking towards the Sheff United game as much as this one.

The pressure of a possible Sheffield derby will tell and, if the Wendies don't score early, panic will set in.

If our team is as tight and composed as it was against QPR we can win this.

2-1 to the Addicks, Astrit with the winner.
  • Options
    Don't want to get anyone's hopes up but on Friday, I was playing FIFA 14 and the random league match was QPR. I won with a last minute goal (spooky eh). Tonight s match was against Sheffield Wed. and I won 2-1... So it's fingers crossed
  • Options
    If you go onto the fixtures for next two saturdays time, they have our game cancelled but weds still on...
  • Options
    Absolutely gutted I can't go tomorrow, not felt this sick about missing a game for years. Cant believe there are no trains coming back.

I really hope Powell sends them out to attack tomorrow, I can see the Wednesday players bottling it under the big crowd.

1-2 to the Addicks Church and Astrt.

• Options
    2-0 to The Wed-nes-day
  • Options
    The Lord giveth with one hand and with the other he taketh away.

The same applies to Charlton.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    however much Saturday's win will have lifted our team, I can only see 1 outcome - a Sheff W win. Both their players & their fans will be so pumped up for it, knowing that a win means a chance to beat their rivals & therefore a semi final place. We can't beat that & so with a heavy heart I'm going for a 3-0 win to the Wendies.
  • Options
    Likely to be a tense and tight game but I fancy Wednesday will just prevail in the end 1-0
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited February 2014
    MSE7 said:

A 5th round clash on a Saturday at the Valley. Now that's a proper football game. None of this midweek rubbish in Sheffield all because you couldn't get the game on in the first place. You no and I no Zat that it will go to a replay. I can feel it calling in the air tonight.

not being able to put the game on, tut tut.

0-1 to the addicks

• Options
    Just found out I can get the game delayed at 8:30 tomorrow morning. Should be able to avoid the result so I can watch as live. Saturday broke the TV jinx!
  • Options
    Massives 1 v addicks 5

they are pants. Bunch of muggs.

QF V Sheffield utd will come good...then a semi at wemberlee V Sunderland

Written in the stars
  • Options
    Mike said:

If you go onto the fixtures for next two saturdays time, they have our game cancelled but weds still on...

I noticed that as well. Our game at home to Watford is postponed, yet Wednesdays at Yeovil is still on?

Have I missed something there?

• Options
    we will win tonight
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    the team I would like to see: Hamer .. Morrison, Wood, Dervite, Wiggins .. Wilson, Cousins, Poyet, Jackson .. Church, Reza .. but I think that there will be very few, if any, changes from Saturday .. REALLY looking forward to this .. COME ON YOUSE ADDICKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (draw and replay: Sheffield Wednesday 1 v CAFC 1)
  • Options
    1-1 and a replay that we win. Nailed on, Masicat never wrong .....
  • Options
    Got a feeling about tonight, and for some reason I want to go if I can find someone to go with. I'm guessing I can buy tickets on the door?
  • Options
    For me, it all depends on the belief of our players. Wednesday are nothing to be afraid of....but do our guys believe it?! The 2nd half on Saturday showed lots of creative, entertaining plays in midfield which has been lacking this season. If the reaction at the end can flow into tonight's match then I can see us taking an early lead and holding on. COYR. Can't wait.
  • Options
    Huskaris.................yes, tickets available on the door. I am on the coach from Dartford. Might be worth checking with the club if there are any spare seats. Will take longer than car but probably not THAT much more.....and you get to 'switch off' for a bit. You'll need the rest after the excitement of another Charlton win ;-)