Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

*Preview* / Sheffield Wednesday VS Charlton Athletic / FA Cup 5th round (KO 19:45)

Comments

• Options
    meldrew66 said:

Huskaris.................yes, tickets available on the door. I am on the coach from Dartford. Might be worth checking with the club if there are any spare seats. Will take longer than car but probably not THAT much more.....and you get to 'switch off' for a bit. You'll need the rest after the excitement of another Charlton win ;-)

Thanks a lot mate, won't be back from work till 2 though if I take the half day, so doubt I'll have time to make it to a coach!

And like I said, I need to find someone to go with first.
  • Options
    I had a dream last night that it was a draw. Despite the fixture pile up I'd take that. Sadly despite making it to Sheffield 9 days ago I'll be watching it at a mate's.

This is also a good excuse to post one of my favourite internet threads ever, it has been on here before: http://www.fansonline.net/blackpool/mb/view.php?id=983321

"There has been another earth tremor in the Fylde coast area, but this time fracking was not to blame - it was the force being exerted upon the earth's crust by an advance party of 250,000 Sheffield Wednesday fans travelling to Blackpool to nab tickets for the take over of the Blackpool ends."
  • Options
    All depend on how Wednesday cope, they'll be favorites and expected to beat us to make up their dream draw.

We're a tough side to beat though. I'd like the tie settled on the night, I don't think we can live with another fixture added to our already packed schedule.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    @Owl-zat do you by any chance sniff bike seats like the rest of you wendies? You just strike me as the sort of character who enjoys that...

Anyways onto the game, expecting a close game. 4-0 charlton
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

I've literally just gone "F*ck it" at work, walked into my managers office, asked if I can take a half day, and just like that, I'm off to Hillsborough tonight.

COYR!

Nice one, Huskaris !

You know it makes sense !

• Options

Huskaris said:

I've literally just gone "F*ck it" at work, walked into my managers office, asked if I can take a half day, and just like that, I'm off to Hillsborough tonight.

COYR!

Nice one, Huskaris !

You know it makes sense !

I know it makes absolutely zero sense actually, and thats why I love it so much.

If I get it into my head that I *could* make it to a game which could see us get to the quarter finals of the cup, and I ummed and ah'd and decided not to go, I wouldn't be able to live with myself!
  • Options
    Thuram
    Wilson Morrison Wood Fox
    Cousins Poyet
    Church Astrit Reza
    Sordell
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

COYR!

Nice day for it
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

Got a feeling about tonight, and for some reason I want to go if I can find someone to go with. I'm guessing I can buy tickets on the door?

Your never alone. Done the play off semi a few years back at Swindon. All good fun.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

1-1 draw (Church with 96 minute equalizer (rebound off his arse) breaking Yorkshire hearts at the death)

Comfy 2-0 win in the replay.
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

COYR!

This is exactly what I want to do but there is no way of getting back tonight. If I get coach I will be stranded in Charlton till the first tubes start again.
  • Options
    I think we can get a 1-1 and then win the replay in front of a packed and roaring Valley...
  • Options
    Any replay will not be on 4th March as it is deemed to be an International week and we have a few players in their national squads
  • Options
    Nervous and excited for this, struggling to concentrate on anything else. Intrigued to see the team selection. I'm going to be pessimistic and predict 2-1 to Wednesday. That way, I'll be even more ecstatic when we book our place in the QF!
  • Options
    i really hope the win on saturday brings us some confidence.and we,ve turned a corner.am leaving glos at 3pm with my mate.
  • Options
    I'll be tuning in from an Irish pub in the north Jutland city of Aalborg where I am for a few days on business.

Prediction 1-1
  • Options
    My team for tonight

Hamer
    Wilson
    Morrison
    Dervite
    Wiggins

Harriot
    Poyet
    Cousins
    Jackson

Astrid

Reza
  • Options

@Owl-zat do you by any chance sniff bike seats like the rest of you wendies? You just strike me as the sort of character who enjoys that...

Anyways onto the game, expecting a close game. 4-0 charlton

Bizzare, don't judge everyone by your standards matey!
  • Options
    Just arrived. Beautiful day up here in Sheffield. Enjoying the first pint of the day in the Sheffield Tap.

Next stop The Howard. Not been in that one since our 4-1 defeat in 1984, when Wilkinson was taking Wednesday back to the top. Got home in time that night to see the highlights on Match of The Day (including Nicky John's penalty save). Those were the days
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Team i'd play

--------Hamer

Wilson Wood Morro Wiggins

-----Poyet Cousins----

----Jackson AA Harriott-----

--------Reza------
  • Options
    Not a bad call
  • Options
    Wednesday are in a really good run of form at the moment, so it'll be a tough match, I predict a close defeat, 2-1...
  • Options
    Haven't they lost their last two at home?
  • Options
    Blucher said:

Just arrived. Beautiful day up here in Sheffield. Enjoying the first pint of the day in the Sheffield Tap.

Next stop The Howard. Not been in that one since our 4-1 defeat in 1984, when Wilkinson was taking Wednesday back to the top. Got home in time that night to see the highlights on Match of The Day (including Nicky John's penalty save). Those were the days

Skip the Howard, it's a dump. Jump in a cab for about £4 to Kelham Island (The Fat Cat round the corner also), proper ale drinkers pubs if you are enjoying Sheffield Tap and alot cheaper.

From there it's then a couple of minutes walk to the Shalesmoor Tram stop. Catch the tram to Middlewood and not Malin Bridge and you'll get you to the top of Leppings Lane which is about 400 yards from the away turnstiles.
  • Options
    Thought I read somewhere they're showing a stream of the game at the Lib this evening? Is that right?
  • Options

Thought I read somewhere they're showing a stream of the game at the Lib this evening? Is that right?

Yes Fiona. There is another thread with the info on. Have a scroll down.
  • Options
    Cheers. I couldn't find it again straightaway, so was lazy and just asked!
  • Options
    The owls are not going to know which way to turn... image

Hopefully...
  • Options

Cheers. I couldn't find it again straightaway, so was lazy and just asked!

No worries. Not long to go until kick off!