Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

*Preview* / Sheffield Wednesday VS Charlton Athletic / FA Cup 5th round (KO 19:45)

1235»

Comments

• Options

Lol the Wendies are bricking it.

For a club our size, we have been in the doldrums far to long, yeah losing tonight would be a body blow, it's a worry losing tonight, it would be humiliating, its pointless denying that fact, but if you did beat us it would go down in Charlton folklore as one of your finest ever moments and for a club like yours with a small but loyal fanbase we wouldn't begrudge you the victory.
  • Options
    xploreowl said:

For a club our size, we have been in the doldrums far to long, yeah losing tonight would be a body blow, it's a worry losing tonight, it would be humiliating, its pointless denying that fact, but if you did beat us it would go down in Charlton folklore as one of your finest ever moments and for a club like yours with a small but loyal fanbase we wouldn't begrudge you the victory.
  • Options
    Very kind. Yes, beating Wednesday in the 5th round would be much better than when we won the FA Cup.
  • Options
    what a nob head.
  • Options
    I wonder if Fox might start tonight? Coming back from injury, 2 games in 3 days might be a bit much on Wiggo's hamstrings.
  • Options
    They're all going to be shattered after Saturday.

I think we should play a near reserve team.

Thuram

Nego Morro Wood Evina

Pritch Gower Ajderovic Hughes Harriott

Sordell

• Options
    Vincenzo said:

I wonder if Fox might start tonight? Coming back from injury, 2 games in 3 days might be a bit much on Wiggo's hamstrings.

You wonder right

• Options
    xploreowl said:

• Options

Just listening to preview on Radio Sheffield. Over 27k sold so should be a good atmosphere. COYR.

Probably loads of Blades supporting us.

• Options
    edited February 2014
    dizzee said:

Thuram

Nego Morro Wood Evina

Sordell

I think cp will go for full strength team. So rare to still be in cup.. Would be very disappointing if we throw the chance away of progressing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

dizzee said:

Thuram

Nego Morro Wood Evina

Sordell

I think cp will go for full strength team. So rare to still be in cup.. Would be very disappointing if we throw the chance away of progressing.
    I know what you mean but it could be the difference between staying up or going down.
  • Options
    Vincenzo said:

Very kind. Yes, beating Wednesday in the 5th round would be much better than when we won the FA Cup.

I guess one of the finest moments in living memory for most Charlton fans would have been a better way to describe a potential giant killing victory for you one of Londons smaller clubs, it'd certainly take you out of the shadows of the Millwalls, Brentfords and Crystal Palace's for a few weeks, ive got nothing but respect for small outfits like yourselves.

• Options
    JT said:

Vincenzo said:

You wonder right

Thank god no Evina...
  • Options
    You better hope your players have more bottle than you do mate. Your nerves are showing.
  • Options

You better hope your players have more bottle than you do mate. Your nerves are showing.

Your spot on, being humble against clubs supporters who in the natural order of things are a long way below us (to use a metaphor) in the food chain, is something the huge following of our once mighty club have now come to accept.

• Options
    edited February 2014
    Charlton starting XI: Hamer; Wilson, Fox, Morrison, Wood; Harriott, Poyet, Cousins, Jackson, Ajdarević; Church

Subs: Thuram-Ulien, Dervite, Hughes, Nego, Green, Sordell, Ghoochannejhad
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    That is a decent midfield... And Reza on the bench...COYR
  • Options
    xploreowl said:

Your spot on, being humble against clubs supporters who in the natural order of things are a long way below us (to use a metaphor) in the food chain, is something the huge following of our once mighty club have now come to accept.

Could you be anymore deluded? We our such a small club you feel the need to sign up to a CHARLTON forum and say that.
  • Options
    Starting with Church ffs
  • Options
    xploreowl said:

Why do we let these knobheads on here

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    COME ON CHARLTON
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    These Wendy fans look proper train spotter material
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    We are to good for the likes of the wendies
  • Options
    The Charlton sing the Wendies run away
  • Options

Don't want to get anyone's hopes up but on Friday, I was playing FIFA 14 and the random league match was QPR. I won with a last minute goal (spooky eh). Tonight s match was against Sheffield Wed. and I won 2-1... So it's fingers crossed

Ahem....
  • Options
    @afkabartram Lucky omen?