Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wheres the famous Operation Piggy Now?

Comments

• Options
    ok. say no more on here ill be seeing yer
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Fair play to you Piggy - coming to the QF? You can be one of us for the day.
  • Options

Well done lads, we bottled it big time especially in the first half, I actually thought Gray got it wrong for the first time with our line up too, starting with Martinez in goal just because he's been in every FAC game....for me it was just criminal, our midfield just plain woeful, in fact this does rank as one of the most gut wrenching games because we've just blown a QF v Sheff Utd would've been ace for us, but life goes on... oh well not to be, that's fkin football I suppose.

If there is any consolation to come out of tonight it's Chris Powell, a real decent fella, I saw how passionate he looked against QPR and he deserves a break, the bloke has my up most respect for the way he's handled himself during some tough times this season, seriously, you need to stick with him.

I'm not going to react to the idiot posts for hub cap spotter because he's kinda spooky but to the decent posters on here all the best for the qf.

Gutted.

Fair play.
  • Options
    Never mind Wednesday being sour losers, didn't expect us to be such bad winners.
  • Options

Well done lads, we bottled it big time especially in the first half, I actually thought Gray got it wrong for the first time with our line up too, starting with Martinez in goal just because he's been in every FAC game....for me it was just criminal, our midfield just plain woeful, in fact this does rank as one of the most gut wrenching games because we've just blown a QF v Sheff Utd would've been ace for us, but life goes on... oh well not to be, that's fkin football I suppose.

If there is any consolation to come out of tonight it's Chris Powell, a real decent fella, I saw how passionate he looked against QPR and he deserves a break, the bloke has my up most respect for the way he's handled himself during some tough times this season, seriously, you need to stick with him.
    I'm not going to react to the idiot posts for hub cap spotter because he's kinda spooky but to the decent posters on here all the best for the qf.

Gutted.

Well said pig. You're much more magnanimous than many on here if we had lost.
  • Options

Gutted.

Piggy, fair play to you old son :)
  • Options
    Welcome back pal proper response as well

Think we deserved the win on that performance especially the first 35 mins where we played some blinding football
  • Options
    Well done piggy. Total respect. Would rather stand next to you at Wembley then blockheads like MSE7.
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Yep, fair play to Piggy, and to be fair more than a few others on Owlstalk - OK not a happy bunch but i'd say the majority there feel we deserve to win.

As for some of our muppets on here...sigh... hope you're not too far behind with your homework after tonight
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Watched a stream from usa. Seemed to me very quite, although the comentator did say just before half time 'you can only hear the Charlton fans'. Surprised as Wed do have great supporters, was this true?
  • Options
    There's a good piggy, mustn't be easy to swallow the all desired Sheffield derby but the team that wanted it more on the day won, and fortunately for us, it was us, for once!
  • Options
    Great post OP. I know I would be in a foul mood if the shoe was on the other foot, but hope I'd be as gracious and articulate as you are there. All the best for the rest of the season.
  • Options
    Fair play piggy. Just had a little look on owlstalk and some of the comments on there are weird. A few of your fellas want united to beat us. Powells teams have always been timewasters and cheats. Dont understand it.

Weren't expecting you to be on so soon and post a decent post like that, so nice one.
  • Options

Welcome back pal proper response as well

Think we deserved the win on that performance especially the first 35 mins where we played some blinding football

I'll be honest Stuart Gray dropped a massive bollock tonight, he played Maguire in central Midfield ( not his position)Okay we are missing both Semedo and Lee but tonight our midfield was non existent, and I could see straight away It wasn't working, personally I think the occasion and tension caught up with his baffling decisions, big bollock dropped by him but we move on, I'm not going to bash him over it because he's turned out season around, and also Charlton played well, you didn't sit back, you kept going at us.
  • Options

Gutted.

Fair play Pig, very honest assessment from you. On another night that could of went your way, chin up.
  • Options
    well done piggy repect mate good luck for rest of season except us game at your place again ;-)
  • Options
    With NathanPrior looking set to turn his loan move to the Leicester Forum into a permanent move, I think we should now be looking to sign OP on a permanent from Owls Online - I would give him a contract til the end of next season.
  • Options
    top lad piggie. unlucky tonight, you must be hurting.

you said maguire was out of position, I thought he was your best player. Your defence and keeps was where it went wrong imo
  • Options
    mrbligh said:

top lad piggie. unlucky tonight, you must be hurting.

you said maguire was out of position, I thought he was your best player. Your defence and keeps was where it went wrong

imo

No mate, our midfield was woeful, Coke was missing and Magurie although he tried just couldn't cut it in centre midfield, he can play in a number of different positions but for CM for me, our tactics were awful, kept lumping it long to try and reply of the pace of afobe (shocking game) and Best, it clearly wasn't working, then we bring on another two Strikers straight after we scored? puzzling, Stuart Gray dropped a bollock with that, but we move on, just gutted about it, well pissed off really.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Piggy what do you honestly think of Llera with no blue tinted specs on? He seems to have no confidence with the ball at his feet and just leathers it to our CB's who had no problem mopping it up, and then we passed it to midfield and off we went. Interested to see what you think of him, as he almost changes the way you play, it seems.
  • Options
    fair enough. I was concentrating on the lads in red....when we had it down we were good, lost our bottle second half a bit and it was all a bit hoofy.

if you'd have played us when it was supposed to be played it might have been different
  • Options

Piggy what do you honestly think of Llera with no blue tinted specs on? He seems to have no confidence with the ball at his feet and just leathers it to our CB's who had no problem mopping it up, and then we passed it to midfield and off we went. Interested to see what you think of him, as he almost changes the way you play, it seems.

He's hit and miss, he was very good in our win at Huddersfield on Sat, tonight it wasn't only him hoofing it, it seems like the whole team was instructed to do it, and I find it strange because lately we've been passing it on the deck more.

Sometimes he's a liability and looks shaky yet sometimes he's solid, I like him in the squad but untimely we'll improve this area.

Not that i'm making an excuse but we really do have a big injury list, Antonio was injured Saturday and Keiran Lee was injured midweek, two big players lost in a week leading up to this game.
  • Options
    I thought Mattock looked awful, Llera looked like he won a competition to play, Coke was terrible, and that lump Nihui looked like a non-leaguer.

It does fill me with confidence the fact that a team that poor is in 15th in the table. We can definitely avoid relegation with performances like QPR and tonight. True heart and spirit from fans, Chrissy and the players. Something the Wendies can only dream of.
  • Options
    Think I do agree, hit and miss, if the opposing teams CB's have their weaknesses then he'll work as he can stick the ball where is dangerous, but if they mop it up it's not the right way to play, it's best to keep it to the deck, or atleast a mix. Wouldn't say anyone stood out for Weds today, no one stood out on the pitch bar maybe Hamer and our CB's due to the pressure you put on in the second
  • Options

He's hit and miss, he was very good in our win at Huddersfield on Sat, tonight it wasn't only him hoofing it, it seems like the whole team was instructed to do it, and I find it strange because lately we've been passing it on the deck more.

Sometimes he's a liability and looks shaky yet sometimes he's solid, I like him in the squad but untimely we'll improve this area.

Not that i'm making an excuse but we really do have a big injury list, Antonio was injured Saturday and Keiran Lee was injured midweek, two big players lost in a week leading up to this game.
    Very strange performance from Wednesday, started crap and then from 30-60 mins really turned up the pressure and started going through us pretty easily but once we scored you dropped right off again and whilst you had those two chances you never really hit your stride again.

Am very surprised Llera has a place in your squad, he is a decent footballer but just lacks the pace for this level, you could see Charlton just knocking the ball into that left-hand channel for fun in the full knowledge that Church was going to roast him.

Was impressed by the winger though, the guy with the deflected shot near the end, he looks a player.
  • Options
    dizzee said:

I thought Mattock looked awful, Llera looked like he won a competition to play, Coke was terrible, and that lump Nihui looked like a non-leaguer.

It does fill me with confidence the fact that a team that poor is in 15th in the table. We can definitely avoid relegation with performances like QPR and tonight. True heart and spirit from fans, Chrissy and the players. Something the Wendies can only dream of.

One of our poorest displays of the season pal, we haven't played like that under Gray, we did tonight and got punished, put it this way if we continue to play like that from now onwards we'll be in trouble again.
  • Options

Very strange performance from Wednesday, started crap and then from 30-60 mins really turned up the pressure and started going through us pretty easily but once we scored you dropped right off again and whilst you had those two chances you never really hit your stride again.

Am very surprised Llera has a place in your squad, he is a decent footballer but just lacks the pace for this level, you could see Charlton just knocking the ball into that left-hand channel for fun in the full knowledge that Church was going to roast him.

Was impressed by the winger though, the guy with the deflected shot near the end, he looks a player.
    I'll be honest, we were awful, I seriously think the players bottled it in the first half which is annoying, and were average in the second half, oh well, off to bed.

• Options
    Chin up Piggy it's how we've been feeling for most of the season (and for the rest if we don't keep winning for a while). We never really let you get in your stride and that kept the home fans quiet. As soon as you scored i thought, 'here we go' and then we got the second and took the wind out of your fans sails again. Growing up in Sheffield it really is sweet to win at Hillsborough as over the years there haven't been that many enjoyable days in the Leppings Lane end. Fair play to you for taking it on the chin. On my way back to the car a few blokes were saying they thought your tactics were all wrong tonight and we're saying that the gaffer is going to get some stick. I find this strange as he has worked miracles over the last 4-6 weeks. Some people are a bit fickle! One said to the other that he didn't think Charlton were all that good, the other disagreed saying that we played to our strengths and that you wasted time lumping the ball up for old boys Wood and Morro to take care of. Lets hope we can do a job on United, or the misery will be unbareable.
  • Options
    Cheers OP. Thanks for your frank comments. Good luck with the rest of the season