Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Simon Church's Miss

That miss when through on goal at 0-0 was the turning point of today's match.
How can a 'professional' player hit the ball that softly when presented with a chance like that.
You can't afford to miss chances like that against any team!

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2014
    We cant afford to play him anymore this season if we hope to stay up. Never seen a forward so unsuited to the game
  • Options
    Was a classic sponge foot. Through on goal and side footed it with no pace. Give me strength.
  • Options
    If he could put a decent strike on the ball I wouldn't mind so much but he just seems to scuff every time.
  • Options
    I was lost for words!
  • Options
    It's not even a scuff, that's his hardest shot. It actually drives me mad.
  • Options
    It was as bad as the same chance Burnley had straight after and gently passed to Hamer...
  • Options
    Church has the weakest shot I've ever seen.
  • Options
    If only Church had made up for it like their player did.
  • Options
    The fact is Sordell has never had a proper run. I would rather he was through one on one than Spongefoot any day (actually I would rather my nan, and she's been dead 5 years). I actually laughed when he took that shot it was that bad
  • Options
    If it was a one-off then fair enough but it`s every time. I don`t care how much he runs around, he has to be dropped now!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    To think the stick Mooney used to get off of VG and Large, christ Church makes him look like Messi
  • Options
    Couldn't score in a brothel.
  • Options
    edited March 2014

To think the stick Mooney used to get off of VG and Large, christ Church makes him look like Messi

Yeah I am thinking of Mooneys goal v Gillingham. If Church had taken that shot it still wouldn't have reached the goal to this day.
  • Options
    His pass out to Wiggins later in the half was hit harder and thus it went out of play. He can kick a ball hard, just not in front of the goal... which is not what anyone wants from their striker!! TBF he made that chance for the attempt on goal but I never have confidence in him. Time for Marv and Jon to start up top together.
  • Options
    He genuinely can't shoot to save his life.

I was watching him at Hillsborough because I got there early, I'm not being dramatic, but he had the worst shot of all those taking shots on goal in the warm up. (Ajdarevic was also very poor surprisingly)
  • Options
    Could have passed to Obika, who would have likely buried the chance. Church is not a goal scoring striker.
  • Options
    to be fair Burnley then went up the other end and did the same
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

to be fair Burnley then went up the other end and did the same

but Burnley haven't been doing it all season

• Options
    Church makes Mooney look like Marco Van Basten.
  • Options
    He's just shit!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Churchy just didn't want to hit it hard and hurt the goalkeeper
  • Options
    Charlton love a hard working donkey. He's pathetic
  • Options
    Never seen the chump play but the way you lot are banging on he may be one of the worst strikers we have had in a while. I fully trust your judgement, its not ideal in a dogfight at the bottom of the table. Games in hand my arris IF we ain't gonna score then we are deceased, bereft of life an ex Championship club.
  • Options
    I wasn't there today but I honestly don't know how he has ever passed as a striker.
  • Options
    31 goals in 179 appearances......We should not have signed him in the first place, what do we expect?
  • Options
    Afraid I'll have to break up the Lawrie Abrahams - Mike Small frontline in my CAFC fantasy (?) XI if he carries on like he has done.
  • Options
    My Boss is a Reading fan. His sentiments exactly about Church and he laughs at the fact that Charlton now have him. It's a poor indictment on Welsh football that he gets a game for that country.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Their bloke's two minutes later was worse, but, yes, Church's was awful and predictable. However, I don't quite understand the certainty with which people announce things like, 'if that had gone in we'd have won the game'.
    Also, Church is still better than Reza.
  • Options
    I think his miss earlier was worse. Approaching their six yard box on the angle it was crying out for a screaming right foot shot into the far corner . Instead he tried to pass it with the outside of his right foot and it bobbled away to nothing .

I think he is a decent footballer with nice technique just not a striker.
  • Options
    He is close to being the worst player ive seen at charlton. He should be nowhere near the first team at this club, its like having 10 men. Woeful today.