Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Simon Church's Miss

Comments

• Options
    To be fair, we were a lot worse when he went off.

Shocking miss though.
  • Options
    my mum can kick the ball harder and she is 76 joke of a footballer come on Roland get us a winger and some one up front
  • Options
    Thought at the time the miss was going to prove costly and it ultimately changed the match. That was our one chance.
    Can't fault his effort or the amount of work he does but he is not a goalscorer. Never gave faith in him scoring when given a chance.
    The miss was terrible such a weak shot.
    Tbh though none of our forwards are that great and just don't know where our goals are gonna come from. Although still think Reza could be ok once he gets a goal.
    Are there any strikers out there we can get on loan?
  • Options
    Seen him on the tv twice from Canada...he is absolutely awful...I can't remember a worse Charlton striker.
  • Options
    A powderpuff "shot" - like a back pass - a joke.
  • Options
    matt88 said:

He is close to being the worst player ive seen at charlton. He should be nowhere near the first team at this club, its like having 10 men. Woeful today.

Seriously?

You don't think any of the stream of crap League 1 players were worse?

Yes, Church is not a good striker, because his finishing is atrocious. But he is a poor player at Championship level, whereas Abbott, Nouble, MacLeod et al were poor players at League 1 level. And at least he puts effort in, unlike them.
  • Options
    Church is a league two striker at best
  • Options
    You're the worst troll CL has ever had.
  • Options
    i feel like he could be a good striker but he needs to learn confidence inffrront of goal. i reckon if he did some psychology practice and became a very confident person infront of goal, we could have a good striker on our hands. that said i remember when we signed him ltos of peopel seeming positive and i looked at hsi stats and it said that he should average a goal every 5 games. he has scored 8 goals and played slightly under 40 gamesi think
  • Options
    Don't care if Church ever plays again. I think he does try but he is useless at this level as a striker and shouldn't be in the team
    If RD can sack Powell surely he can get rid of an ineffective striker?

We can blame the midfielders for not creating chances but Church has chances and manages to do nothing with them

We need the change before it's too late

Please Roland spend some money wisely!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2014
    Works hard but can not finish!

We are going to carry on being the team that can defend but can not score for shit, why not give Polish Pete a go or give Sordell a 'proper' run out!

Our strikeforce will be the main reason why we will get relegated this season and letting Kermongant go was the worse decison we made.
  • Options
    Unfortunately we have him for another year. A chance to see if he is a L1 striker?

Time for Ahearne-Grant to step into 1st squad?
  • Options
    At least Church understands football and can generally be found in the right place, unlike Reza, who is possibly the most bizarre 'footballer' I have ever seen.
  • Options
    WSS said:

Wierdo
  • Options
    WSS said:

Your the worst mod bod I have ever seen. Do you even know what a troll is?

• Options
    edited March 2014
    Don't get this "he needs to find some confidence in front of goal..." stuff. He's 26 years old so has been "playing" football for 18 years ish. Well, if he ain't found it yet folks...
  • Options
    Poor mans Gary Nelson
  • Options
    edited March 2014
  • Options
    Gutted his chance today didn't fall to Obika. Bit like Harriott's miss at Sheffield Utd, it would have been a different game and outcome. Convinced of that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We should have stopped playing him when it was obvious he wasn't good enough - say about October 2013 ?

Next up, Reza - lots of hooting and hollering but he won't get the goals we need either.
  • Options
    Rothko said:

Poor mans Gary Nelson

Thought that was Luke Varney?

;-)
  • Options
    I'm a liker not a hater, but.possibly the most disliked useless player I've seen get a proper run for us
  • Options
    Put your laces through it. More like a back pass.
  • Options
    When presented with a 1 on 1 even Lisbie got people out of their seats. Never seen people so resigned to the inevitable capitulation of the attack than when he's through on goal
  • Options
    Poor, poor player. Should be no where near a Championship squad. I just don't get why two managers have now insisted on playing him - shows just how bad we are in the striking department.

Sadly Tudgay and Obika have both come in recently and neither look much like scoring either.
  • Options
    church looks like hes trying way way way to hard in front of goal!! pissing around i think its called but seriously we need to play sordell and obika as the front 2!! and i would seriously put polish pete on the bench i dont give the F**k if hes not ready!!!! how many people would have thought poyet cousins harriott or fox were ready when given there debuts!!??
  • Options
    Can someone please mock up a YouTube video of all his 1v1s this season?
  • Options
    yes and while your at it knock up a video of all our defeats against the Bermondsey Pikeys !!

why in Gods fecking name with all the shit we have had to watch this season would you wanto watch that twonks misses AGAIN ?
  • Options
    Has he played in any position other than up front? I have seen him on TV a few times this season and he does seem to have pace and runs around a lot. Wonder if he has chosen the wrong career path by becoming a striker. Can't imagine where we would be if we had any half decent Championship level strikers...