Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Nottingham Forest v Charlton Ath|25 March 2014|Championship|Preview, Views, News and Line Ups

Comments

• Options

The Introduction

Riga has said that the "sexy" loan players have already been snapped up and while not ruling out further loans he stated post match "The solution (to the lack of goals) is not outside the squad - they are inside the squad".

Piggydaboss !!

• Options
    0-0
  • Options
    Wondering how many Lifers will be there tomorrow evening along with the 6 travelling NWKers ...
  • Options

This could be one of those pivotal matches that defines the end of the season

Do we show some real bottle and get something from it or chuck in the towel and go down limply?

Hope we are realistic and bin any romantic notions of 4-4-2. It rarely works for us and certainly won't against Forest.

We have to stay tight and hope for something from a set piece or defensive error. This is an ugly fight for survival now and decent football will have to wait until next season.

Please please not Church and Green and how about trying the radical cognitive tactic of our players shooting at their goal?
  • Options
    I presume by the fact that he has recalled Pigott that there is no chance getting any striker on loan, plus Rega's comments that goals will come from within the present squad. I hope with Davis getting the boot the Forest team do not respond by winning as so often happens, except for us.
  • Options
    Good review as always Henry. Like the line up, maybe AA for JJ despite his generally poor showing on Saturday.

Predicting the results of Football matches is very difficult, its an unpredictable game, which is I guess part of its appeal.

However the depressing reality of our season is the predictability that the number following the name Charlton Athletic will be 0 after most of our games between now and the end of the season.

Please football gods make me wrong.

2-0 Forest
  • Options
    Billy Davis has now been sacked and strong rumours that Neil Warnock is in charge for the rest of the season!
  • Options

Billy Davis has now been sacked and strong rumours that Neil Warnock is in charge for the rest of the season!

bad news for us .. Warnock is simply an all time great manager .. he'll have the players right up for tomorrow night
  • Options
    There isn't an obvious answer within the players we have to how we should play. The back 4 picks itself at the moment, but our problem is the lack of width and where the answer lies. I think we have to start with Cousins and Poyet in the centre of midfield, so the question is who else?

The situation seems to demand a 4-5-1 but we're struggling wide right now and I don't think the answer lies in pushing the strikers out there. I wonder if we need to accept we've got limitations there and find another way.

Years ago Lennie took Robert Lee from his normal right wing berth and played a season with him in a free role ahead of a disciplined three man midfield and behind two strikers. Curbs often played with just one winger with the other three tucked in. Required some discipline and hard work, but it kept us compact and that's I suspect what we need right now.

So what if we pushed Ajdarevic ahead of a midfield three? He could work a free role across the pitch behind a front two, providing a creative link from the midfield to a front two. it would be a compromise on width, but let's face it we have no-one (fit) who is effective in those positions.

It would look something like:

Hamer,
    Wilson, Morrison, Dervite, Wiggins
    Cousins, Poyet, Jackson
    Adjarevic
    Obika, Tudgay/Reza
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I thought this was one of our games in hand but seems there is a full league programme. When do we play these 3 / 4 extra games?
  • Options
    Pritchard & harriotts for church & green
    1-1
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    PL54 said:

I thought this was one of our games in hand but seems there is a full league programme. When do we play these 3 / 4 extra games?

Leeds
    Barnsley
    Watford
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    .........................Hamer.......................
    ............Wood Morrison Dervite...........
    Wilson.............Poyet...............Wiggins
    ......................AA..........JJ....................
    .................Obika.......Sordell...............
  • Options
    I'd like to see:

Hamer

Wilson Dervite Morrison Wiggins

Cousins

Harriott Astrit Jackson

Poyet

Obika Sordell
  • Options
    agree with grumpy, a pivotal game
  • Options
    I also didn't realise until PL54 said that it wasn't a game in hand, but looking at the fixtures of our other relegation contenders, the only one to worry about seems to be Millwall vs Birmingham.

Its a pretty safe assumption that Yeovil are going to get wrecked by high-flyers Leicester and I would expect Reading to beat Barnsley but Millwall vs Birmingham is tricky, especially if we don't pick up any points. It could go either way really and if Millwall get the 3 points and we only get 1 or less we'll be back in the danger zone. A worrying situation to be in, that game is big for us in terms of where we stand and the mentality of our squad.
  • Options
    We can't score, they can't score so 0-0
  • Options
    Leeds United defender Lee Peltier joins Championship rivals Nottingham Forest on loan until the end of the season.

Last season Peltier, 27, was Leeds captain under previous boss Neil Warnock, who is expected to be named as Billy Davies' successor at Forest.
  • Options
    So Leeds have sent an ever present out on loan-looks like trouble ahead there. maybe we can get Stewart back?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    One of our bogey sides. Can see nothing but another defeat especially if Jose perseveres with Sponge Foot
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    confident that we will score 0 again.
  • Options
    A managerless Notts Forest represents our best chance of the season to take a top-8 team scalp. Here's hoping!
  • Options
    --------------Hamer
    -------Morro - Dervite - Cort
    Wilson - Poyet - Cousins - Jacko - Wiggy
    ---------------Astrit
    ---------------Obika
  • Options
    Both teams have struggled for goals lately so it means it will probably be 4-4.
  • Options
    Leeds loan a right back out and we're nowhere to be seen... Roland has no intention of signing anyone.
  • Options

Leeds loan a right back out and we're nowhere to be seen... Roland has no intention of signing anyone.

Apart from the offers for wickham, best, swp? which the players turned down..
  • Options
    BBC Sport (known to be wrong but.....) have said that Warnock in the frame but not yet appointed and that Forest first team coach will be in charge for game v Charlton. Forest chairman states no rush to appoint....???
  • Options
    I'm getting very confused. The heading says Charlton v Forest and everywhere else it's away at Forest. Not an issue for me as I'm off on a Noliday tomorrow but fellow Addicks might also share this minor confusion (sounds like a Hendrix song).
  • Options
    We have already played Forest at home, it was a 1-1 draw.

Hopeful we can get a similar result tomorrow.