Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Nottingham Forest v Charlton Ath|25 March 2014|Championship|Preview, Views, News and Line Ups

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2014
    I work with Forest supporters and they among many other locals are hoping for a draw!! Warnock has'nt taken over, academy manager Gary Brazil in charge for tonight's game. Match thread from 7 pm.....1-1.
  • Options
    Warnock has said no to Forest
  • Options
    According to the Mail, talks with the owner broke down.
  • Options
    No better time to play them.

Think we can get something from the game tonight. Gonna go for a smash and grab 1-0.
  • Options
    They are there for the taking tonight managerless, lots of injuries and a 5 nil defeat against their fiercest rivals.
  • Options
    Park the the bus, Jose. Park the bus...Don't care what it takes just don't lose
  • Options
    Far to early after Saturdays lack of ideas and shape to see anything past a 3-0 drubbing
  • Options

They are there for the taking tonight managerless, lots of injuries and a 5 nil defeat against their fiercest rivals.

This.

We need to start 100mph tonight get into there faces, hassle and close down everything from the off. Think the home fans will be very quiet similar to how we was against Huddersfield. If we can score first then I can see us holding on, concede first then the home fans will be up for it and will be another defeat, and if neither team score I think it will be a draw :)

• Options
    At least Andy Reid is out. He usually causes us the most problems.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Andy Reid, Henri Lansbury, Chris Cohen, David Vaughan, Djamal Abdoun as midfielders are all out injured.
    Kelvin Wilson, Eric Lichaj and Jack Hobbs are Forest's missing defenders.
    Dexter Blackstock and Rafik Djebbour are injured forwards.

Quite a ridiculous squad when you put it into that context.
  • Options
    With only one goal in our last 6 matches, don't expect us to come from behind tonight. Our only hope is to score and to frustrate the bejazus out of them. Generally our defence has been strong and if we take the lead I fancy them to keep a clean sheet for the rest of the game. After all they did it against QPR and Bournemouth after we scored....................:-)
  • Options
    Am going with a mate who has seen us three times - in which we have scored only one goal. Not just games this season either.

I can't see us scoring so I think 0-0 is the best we can hope for.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    "This game worries me - Charlton are in better form (ours couldn't be worse), we're in turmoil, confidence shot and most importantly, we have no leaders either on the field or off it. We've been waiting for someone, anyone, to 'step up' - it hasn't happened.

A draw would be a good result. A 0-0 a minor miracle. I fear an early goal from Charlton and we'll just crumble."

The above quote taken from a post on the equivalent of this thread on the Forest Fans forum. Makes you realise how the whole mood around Forest at the moment is one of almost total meltdown. Any team at home to us in the Championship would fancy their chances at the moment. We need a performance like at Wednesday in the cup up at Hillsbrough. Take the game to them from the start, be positive and they might well crumble.

Therefore I'm predicting 0 - 0.
  • Options
    Is Church out injured? (ed - I hope he is out injured)
  • Options

"This game worries me - Charlton are in better form (ours couldn't be worse), we're in turmoil, confidence shot and most importantly, we have no leaders either on the field or off it. We've been waiting for someone, anyone, to 'step up' - it hasn't happened.

A draw would be a good result. A 0-0 a minor miracle. I fear an early goal from Charlton and we'll just crumble."

The above quote taken from a post on the equivalent of this thread on the Forest Fans forum. Makes you realise how the whole mood around Forest at the moment is one of almost total meltdown. Any team at home to us in the Championship would fancy their chances at the moment. We need a performance like at Wednesday in the cup up at Hillsbrough. Take the game to them from the start, be positive and they might well crumble.

Therefore I'm predicting 0 - 0.

This quote is dangerous as it gives me hope...
  • Options
    tricky said:

Am going with a mate who has seen us three times - in which we have scored one goal. blockquote>

Sounds like a lucky charm to me:-)

• Options

I dream of seeing three Charlton goals in three games.

Three Charlton shots in three games would be a major step forward for me.
  • Options

I assume Tudgay won't be eligible for this game????

What's happened to Tudgay? Does Riga just not fancy him?
    I think Riga is more in to woman these days.
  • Options
    I just can't see us getting anything from this game tonight. I forecast a comfortable 2-0 win for the home team, which immediately dispels all the gloom & doom at the City Ground. Meanwhile we go another 90 minutes without scoring & bookies start to offer odds on whether we will ever score again this season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    2-0 away win.
  • Options

I assume Tudgay won't be eligible for this game????

What's happened to Tudgay? Does Riga just not fancy him?
    I think Riga is more in to woman these days.
    I think Church and Obika are just more his type.
  • Options
    0-2 to JR's Red & White Army
  • Options
    No goals, no points. The trapdoor opens a little wider.
  • Options
    Cheer me up FFS Charlton!
  • Options

Andy Reid, Henri Lansbury, Chris Cohen, David Vaughan, Djamal Abdoun as midfielders are all out injured.
    Kelvin Wilson, Eric Lichaj and Jack Hobbs are Forest's missing defenders.
    Dexter Blackstock and Rafik Djebbour are injured forw.

And we have fit strikers like Church, Reza, Pigott, Obika, Sordell. Oh dear
  • Options

I'd like to see:

Hamer

Wilson Dervite Morrison Wiggins

Cousins

Harriott Astrit Jackson

Poyet

Obika Sordell

Me too! but I'm afraid we aren't allowed to :-(
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Few things taken from the Forest forum preview:

-Forest have not won in eight matches.
    -Forest have only scored once in five games.
    -Forest have gone six games without defeat to the Addicks, winning three.
    -Charlton have only scored four league goals in 2014.
    -Charlton’s last away victory against Nottingham Forest in league competition came back October 1998.
    -Charlton have scored only 25 league goals so far this season - the fewest in the Championship.
  • Options
    sasquatch said:

I'd like to see:

Hamer

Wilson Dervite Morrison Wiggins

Cousins

Harriott Astrit Jackson

Poyet

Obika Sordell

Me too! but I'm afraid we aren't allowed to :-(
    I just think Poyet would thrive in a free role / number 10.
  • Options
    WIll be a good test to see if there is fight in the team. Burnley did a job on us, and in all honesty they are an athletic rugby team with a good system for them. In the football sense I was surprised how weak they were actually – but we were not good enough to impose ourselves and beat their superior athleticism. Now do we have the character to put that behind us and play with the authority to beat a team that in all honesty is missing key players and is on the ropes. If we can there is a lot of hope – If we can’t it will be extremely worrying.