Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Game Of Thrones

Comments

• Options
    rina said:

I loved the kick in the bollocks scene

Reminded me a lot of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBcAguZbS4s
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    So, who's side do we think Tyrion is really on, or is he really flying solo and playing everyone off against each other? I thought it was interesting that we didn't see on the camera the discussions that led to Cersai, albeit falsely, pledging to send troops north to fight the Wights. Was Tyrion maybe complicit in coming up with the double cross - is he an agent of House Lanister within Daenery's court, or is he in fact planning to rule once everyone wipes each other out helped along by his political maneuvering? Is he the ultra ambitious, unscrupulous arch politician that we were all supposed to think Littlefinger was? Or is he genuinely on Daenery's side and is being played by Cersai like everyone else?

Also, someone told me today that Season 8 isn't being released until 2019 - is that correct?

• Options
    First and only post I saw this morning on Facebook was "RIP TYRION". That hurt
  • Options

So, who's side do we think Tyrion is really on, or is he really flying solo and playing everyone off against each other? I thought it was interesting that

we didn't see on the camera the discussions that led to Cersai, albeit falsely, pledging to send troops north to fight the Wights. Was Tyrion maybe complicit in coming up with the double cross - is he an agent of House Lanister within Daenery's court, or is he in fact planning to rule once everyone wipes each other out helped along by his political maneuvering? Is he the ultra ambitious, unscrupulous arch politician that we were all supposed to think Littlefinger was? Or is he genuinely on Daenery's side and is being played by Cersai like everyone else?
    Also, someone told me today that Season 8 isn't being released until 2019 - is that correct?

Yeah my money is on February 2019 at the moment.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Also, Bronn and The Hound rule all.

Cracked up when The Hound just booted the trunk over.
  • Options
    Great episode.

I loved how the little reunions were done at the start, the little looks between Cersei/Tyrion, Euron/Theon, Brienne/Jaime. The chats between The Hound and Brienne (and the Mountain), and Tyrion with Pod and Bronn. So much unsaid but inferred due to the viewer's knowledge of their shared histories.

Cersei's betrayal was very well done too.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    And what was the ice dragon firing? Was it just blue fire, in which case I'm not sure it would do that kind of damage, or was it a kind of freeze-ray in which case likewise, or was it some kind of shock wave?

I was expecting it would breath cold and be able to freeze stuff - including the sea allowing the walkers to just stroll around the wall.

Wonder what else it'll be able to do - maybe kill the living and turn them into walkers all at the same time?
  • Options
    Wow
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

And what was the ice dragon firing? Was it just blue fire, in which case I'm not sure it would do that kind of damage, or was it a kind of freeze-ray in which case likewise, or was it some kind of shock wave?

I was expecting it would breath cold and be able to freeze stuff - including the sea allowing the walkers to just stroll around the wall.

Wonder what else it'll be able to do - maybe kill the living and turn them into walkers all at the same time?

Had to be blue fire I reckon to burn the ice. Interesting point though
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Absolute zero?
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    I want to know why Rhaegar called Jon 'Aegon' when he already had a son called Aegon.

Bit weird. Very harsh on the first one.
  • Options
    Jon banged his aunt (Dany.) That will be awkward in episode 1 of next season when Bran let's him know who he really is.
  • Options
    edited August 2017

I want to know why Rhaegar called Jon 'Aegon' when he already had a son called Aegon.

Lyanna named him, after Rhaegar died at the Trident. Maybe the timeline allows for her to learn of his children's death, but I agree, still a bit weird.

I suppose because they have dropped the young Grif storyline the majority will not even notice.

• Options
    edited August 2017
    I don't think anyone of them care that much about banging family to be honest

But with the wall falling like that does that mean my favorite wildling is dead

I am absolutely gutted it's now going to be months before it's on this is the first time I have had to wait

Things about to get real and I want thats slut Cersi to die horribly

• Options

I am absolutely gutted it's now going to be months before it's on this is the first time I have had to wait

I wondered about Tormund too! Hope not but didn't look good.
  • Options
    Thought Tormund and Beric made it far enough along the wall to escape the collapse. I took it that they survived but have a long walk along that wall to Castle Black.
  • Options
    100k dead fuckas though are right on them
  • Options

He's not dead, if he was, we'd have seen it!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    From my school days, a blue flame from a Bunsen burner is hotter than a yellow one.

As for Littlefinger and his Eurythmics moment, sisters are doing it for themselves, brilliant.
  • Options

cabbles said:

Absolute zero?
    Good shout - Hopefully they'll explain it because I always wondered how they planned on getting past the wall

Also, I felt that cersei saying she had plotted with Euron greyjoy that he would feign being afraid a little too convenient. It's as if to say they knew how the meeting would pan out. Unless he genuinely was afraid, but cersei talked him round after the meeting. But that don't seem right to me
  • Options
    Cersei turns me on
  • Options

Jon banged his aunt (Dany.) That will be awkward in episode 1 of next season when Bran let's him know who he really is.

All Jon needs to say is: "But its Emilia Clarke... Seriously who wouldnt want to!!"
  • Options

Aegon was the name of the first Targaryen king.

Aegon Targaryen, also known as Aegon the Conqueror and Aegon the Dragon, was the first Lord of the Seven Kingdoms and king on the Iron Throne, having conquered six of the Seven Kingdoms during the Conquest. He was the founder of the ruling Targaryen dynasty of Westeros.
  • Options
    Odds on Dany is going to be up the duff next season.
  • Options

Jon banged his aunt.

You could say it was an... Auntie climax.
    http://www.theonion.com/article/game-thrones-audience-disappointed-season-finales--56773

CHICAGO—Criticizing the show’s reluctance to explore new creative ground, Game Of Thrones fans reported being disappointed Sunday by the bland, uninspired incest in the HBO drama’s season finale. “You’d think this far into the show’s run they’d have found some new angles on incestuous relationships, but this was just more of the same, by-the-numbers intercourse between blood relatives we’ve seen before,” said local viewer Jaime Cohn, echoing the views of thousands of fans who complained about the series’ increasingly derivative depiction of sexual relations between siblings and other family members. “In the early seasons, it felt like the show’s creators weren’t afraid to take risks on fresh ideas like incest involving twins or even between multiple generations of the same family, but since then it hasn’t really progressed at all. By this point, they should be experimenting with things like group sex with identical quadruplets, but it’s pretty obvious that the writers are just on autopilot now.” Despite their disappointment with the episode’s lackluster incest, fans almost unanimously agreed that the show’s latest season had staked out bold new territory in terms of narrative implausibility