Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Game Of Thrones

Comments

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:

See Jorah almost falling off Drogon's back.

I don't understand this though. Load a bunch of people on the back of a spiny dragon that is hastily trying to take flight and wouldn't you expect someone to almost fall off?
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:

Dazzler21 said:

I don't understand this though. Load a bunch of people on the back of a spiny dragon that is hastily trying to take flight and wouldn't you expect someone to almost fall off?
    It's false jeopardy. The character is in no danger. It's just window dressing. A device to make the stage direction 'exit stage right on a dragon' more exciting than it really is.
  • Options

JiMMy 85 said:

One thing that made no sense, we have seen the night king has a good ol throw on him, why didn't he throw a load of spears at the fellowship?

I think I am now done with this thread.
    This thread is filled with people who lack any kind of suspension of belief or those that like to complain about just about anything.
    It's called in medical terms ... Asperger's syndrome :)
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Missed It said:

LoOkOuT said:

Dazzler21 said:

It's false jeopardy. The character is in no danger. It's just window dressing. A device to make the stage direction 'exit stage right on a dragon' more exciting than it really is.
    Nailed it. If you're gonna have someone fall off then let them fall off. Don't write in some stupid Hollywood hanging on by a hand for no reason. Either he falls or he doesn't.

In the grand scheme of things it doesn't really matter but it's a small moment that incapsulates all the problems I have with newer episodes of GOT.
  • Options
    All I can say is I'm really enjoying the whole series.
  • Options

Missed It said:

LoOkOuT said:

Dazzler21 said:

Nailed it. If you're gonna have someone fall off then let them fall off. Don't write in some stupid Hollywood hanging on by a hand for no reason. Either he falls or he doesn't.

In the grand scheme of things it doesn't really matter but it's a small moment that incapsulates all the problems I have with newer episodes of GOT.
    This is more or less my problem with Spectre. Daniel Craig is constantly put in these impossible to escape situations but keeps inexplicably escaping them. After half an hour you're convinced you're not watching the world's greatest spy but just the world's luckiest man. I don't think I've ever been so bored watching a man crash a plane into a mountain when I am 100% certain nothing bad is going to happen.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I am really enjoying this series but I'd give it more of an 8 to 8.5 rather than a 9+ for all previous seasons.
  • Options
    Seems to me the moment the show began to run ahead of the books and the screenwriters had to write the dialogue and write the show on their own away from the existing source material, the show's pace and character development and gravitas have dropped.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

One thing that made no sense, we have seen the night king has a good ol throw on him, why didn't he throw a load of spears at the fellowship?

I think I am now done with this thread.
    Why, it's a reasonable question mate. I think they're in danger of going down the LOST route and having a very poor finish.

If the theory about the night king is true and he can see the future and that's why he didn't kill Jon Snow etc, why didn't he wait till the exact moment Dany was about to arrive and then start chucking spears, then when she arrives and sees their dead, takes all three dragons.

On the other hand, why didn't they stress and say to her look, killing that night king more or less ends the war, take him out now?

I know it's fantasy but they are milking it imo and are facing the criticism they deserve. Hopefully they can make amends in the final episode of the season. New GoT will probably have Cersei, Dany, Jon all be together and join forces and start the march to the north. Old GoT would have Tyrion have a change of heart when Dany arrives in kings landing and have a secret plot to switch sides and kill her, with Jon Snow somehow getting revenge. I miss the bittersweet GoT moments
  • Options
    A fan theory I heard was the one about Bran being the night king, and that he got trapped etc. I thought it was really interesting.

Also when I thought about it the three eyed Raven said to Bran you will fly, Bran had that vision of a dragon shadow flying over kings landing, could be the night king flying over kings landing on Viserion about to gatecrash Jon Snow and Cersei's get together, if Bran is genuinely the night king obviously
  • Options
    Having read the books, I'm not too fussed about the speed at which the tv show is getting through the storylines - I agree with Jimmy, it's a bit of a necessity and for the purpose of watching it on TV, I think the pace is actually a good thing
  • Options

Seen a great theory tonight:

Arya knows she's being played by Littlefinger so she's pretending to beef it up with Sansa. That's why she gave Sansa the dagger after saying "I can be anyone, sound like anyone, and all I need is their face". Then Sansa smiled. Shes gonna kill Littlefinger so that Arya can rule the Vale as him. Arya is far too street smart to be outsmarted by Petyr Baelish.

"Fucking hell Petyr, you've shrunk overnight"
  • Options

Seen a great theory tonight:

Arya knows she's being played by Littlefinger so she's pretending to beef it up with Sansa. That's why she gave Sansa the dagger after saying "I can be anyone, sound like anyone, and all I need is their face". Then Sansa smiled. Shes gonna kill Littlefinger so that Arya can rule the Vale as him. Arya is far too street smart to be outsmarted by Petyr Baelish.

"Fucking hell Petyr, you've shrunk overnight"
    Walder Frey was surely taller too, which I thought at the time was odd!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Missed It said:

LoOkOuT said:

Dazzler21 said:

To be fair, Thrones is guilty of this kind of thing all the way through. Especially the very-last-moment, off-camera saviour trick, especially for characters with thick plot armour. Off the top of my head:

Sansa V The Rapists (Saved by The Hound)
    Jorah V The Dothraki guy (Saved by Daario)
    Jon Snow V Ygritte (Saved by Olly) - sort of
    Mance V Fire (Saved by Jon Snow) - sort of
    Grey Worm V Masked people (Saved by Selmy)
    Jon Snow v Karl (Saved by Wildling Girl)
    Karl V Wildling Girl (Saved by Jon Snow)
    Sand Snake V Tristan (Kinda saved by another Sand Snake)
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

Missed It said:

LoOkOuT said:

Dazzler21 said:

To be fair, Thrones is guilty of this kind of thing all the way through. Especially the very-last-moment, off-camera saviour trick, especially for characters with thick plot armour. Off the top of my head:

Sansa V The Rapists (Saved by The Hound)
    Jorah V The Dothraki guy (Saved by Daario)
    Jon Snow V Ygritte (Saved by Olly) - sort of
    Mance V Fire (Saved by Jon Snow) - sort of
    Grey Worm V Masked people (Saved by Selmy)
    Jon Snow v Karl (Saved by Wildling Girl)
    Karl V Wildling Girl (Saved by Jon Snow)
    Sand Snake V Tristan (Kinda saved by another Sand Snake)
    True, and I appreciate that TV and film needs these things to keep the pace and drama going. I just feel in this series it's been done a bit too much and with a heavy hand. If the writers are going to get the characters in to sticky situations they should make a better job of writing their way out of it too.
  • Options

I just enjoy it it's a great way to forget about all the shit going on day to day

Some of you over think it and I get that it's a consuming program but does it not start to detract from your enjoyment when your questioning the why and why nots seeing plot holes etc

Get the booze out close the living room door ignore the baby monitor put down your phone ignore the front door and just remember it's the best fictional program ever made so far for tv and your watching it draw to a close

This 100%
  • Options

I just enjoy it it's a great way to forget about all the shit going on day to day

Some of you over think it and I get that it's a consuming program but does it not start to detract from your enjoyment when your questioning the why and why nots seeing plot holes etc

Get the booze out close the living room door ignore the baby monitor put down your phone ignore the front door and just remember it's the best fictional program ever made so far for tv and your watching it draw to a close

I'd put the sopranos and the wire above game if thrones, but it's certainly one of the finest to shows ever made.
  • Options
    Sopranos is close didn't like the wire can't think of anything I have enjoyed on tv more than this though
  • Options
    The wire died a serious death once Idris Elba left the show.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

The wire died a serious death once Idris Elba left the show.

The final season was a shit show after two of the finest seasons of television ever made.
  • Options
    I enjoyed Band of Brothers more than GoT
  • Options
    Sopranos is the clear number one for me.