Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Game Of Thrones

Comments

• Options
    As for saying dracarys, he seems to be able to control things without speaking anyway.
  • Options

Hundreds of the white walkers fell through the ice, so the rest stopped. The stone didn't piss them off, it showed the ice was thicker in that spot, so the walkers then cautiously advanced over the ice

So zombies can drown? Or were they worried they'd get hypothermia if they paddled through the water?
    The White Walkers control the wights and presumably tbought having them all sink would be pointless.
    Or they could have just done some light swimming. If they can attach industrial chains to a dragon sunk underwater I feel like they can do a touch of backstroke across a few yards. Never mind though
    Tbh the way I saw it was that the Night King wasn't planning on killing Jon Snow's crew, he wanted to trap them and give them no choice but to bring the dragons in so he could kill one and have it for himself.
  • Options

Hundreds of the white walkers fell through the ice, so the rest stopped. The stone didn't piss them off, it showed the ice was thicker in that spot, so the walkers then cautiously advanced over the ice

So zombies can drown? Or were they worried they'd get hypothermia if they paddled through the water?
    The White Walkers control the wights and presumably tbought having them all sink would be pointless.
    Or they could have just done some light swimming. If they can attach industrial chains to a dragon sunk underwater I feel like they can do a touch of backstroke across a few yards. Never mind though
    Tbh the way I saw it was that the Night King wasn't planning on killing Jon Snow's crew, he wanted to trap them and give them no choice but to bring the dragons in so he could kill one and have it for himself.
    How did he know they had Dragons in your opinion?

I personally felt he didn't want his soldiers charging into the icy water and freezing up... then I decided that couldn't be it as they had just walked into the water to fetch the dragon?

Plot holes galore this season... but we're not seeing every second of each scenario so I won't hold it against the creators too much, it's still interesting watching.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

I personally felt he didn't want his soldiers charging into the icy water and freezing up... then I decided that couldn't be it as they had just walked into the water to fetch the dragon?

Plot holes galore this season... but we're not seeing every second of each scenario so I won't hold it against the creators too much, it's still interesting watching.
    I feel like he's probably got similar abilities to Bran so he can see things. Like when Bran was spying on him with the ravens and he stared straight at him.
  • Options

Dazzler21 said:

I feel like he's probably got similar abilities to Bran so he can see things. Like when Bran was spying on him with the ravens and he stared straight at him.
    If the Night's King has 'greenseeing' abilities or some level of awareness we are not privy to, then his decision to wait for the dragon to arrive is clearly not a plot-hole.

Even if that's not the case - I would argue he waited until the enemy were freezing cold, tired and worn out. Seems sensible to me, rather than wasting hundreds of members of his army. He has literally no reason whatsoever to rush. Wasting a few dozen wights on bringing up a dragon also makes sense.
  • Options
    Maybe the geezer just wants to be human again after those pesky children turned him into a freak.
  • Options
    The night king has been waiting forever and has been alive for thousands of years. Waiting for a small group to freeze to death isn't really much of a bother or waste of time for him.
  • Options

A couple of questions regarding the now ice dragon...

Can the Night King speak in order to say "dracarys"?

Will it still be able to breathe fire now that's it's ice or will it freeze everything rather than burn?

Ice dragons are meant are meant to breath frost in this world and are said to be far larger than 'normal' dragons. As to if it is a frost/wight/white walker dragon, your guess is as good as anybodies. I think it seems pretty similar to the bear and the zombie horses, so not a frost dragon.

Whatever it is, it has certainly raised the stakes. The group that ventured north of the Wall, possibly the most badass in westeros, struggled with a dead bear. How are they going to deal with a zombie dragon? Only zombie spiders seem a more terrifying prospect, well, to me at least. I still think @JiMMy 85 was on to something about the giant crossbows having a role to play, maybe with wildfire.

• Options
    Fire kills white walkers... A White Walker dragon breathing fire would literally be re-killing itself wouldn't it?
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

Dazzler21 said:

If the Night's King has 'greenseeing' abilities or some level of awareness we are not privy to, then his decision to wait for the dragon to arrive is clearly not a plot-hole.

Even if that's not the case - I would argue he waited until the enemy were freezing cold, tired and worn out. Seems sensible to me, rather than wasting hundreds of members of his army. He has literally no reason whatsoever to rush. Wasting a few dozen wights on bringing up a dragon also makes sense.
    Exactly
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What's the feeling about this season which isn't based on the books written by the fat dork with the train drivers hat? Seems like a lot more action and less chit chat but plot holes galore. Personally I think last night's (or week's!) was the best episode they did so I prefer it.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Fire kills white walkers... A White Walker dragon breathing fire would literally be re-killing itself wouldn't it?

How do you set fire to something incombustible?
  • Options

What's the feeling about this season which isn't based on the books written by the fat dork with the train drivers hat? Seems like a lot more action and less chit chat but plot holes galore. Personally I think last night's (or week's!) was the best episode they did so I prefer it.

Its very different to earlier seasons where the plot and the characters were developed slowly and fairly carefully. It no longer makes any kind of sense and I'm just watching it for the great action sequences and bits of funny dialogue.

• Options

Dazzler21 said:

How do you set fire to something incombustible?
    Cover it in something extremely combustible?
  • Options
    The Night King is a master tactician. Something that Jon Snow will never be.
  • Options
    Is The Night King Bran?
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    the arrows will be made from the "glass" mined by Jon Snow who still dont know much or in the words of the Hound "is a bit of a c--t".They will be shot at the deadf Dragon by one of the large cross bows
  • Options
    Has the hound ever called Jon a c**t? I didn't think he had?

• Options
    why not called everyone else it
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    WSS said:

Is The Night King Bran?

Seen this theory a lot.

Most recently I read that Bran went back to before the Night King was turned and stayed in his body so long he got trapped and 'drowned' into the Night Kings mind. He didn't kill Jon at Hardhome because he recognised someone he cared about. He killed the Three Eyed Raven for hiding the prophecy from him and he will fly as the the three eyed raven said, just it'll be on Viserion Mk2 who will have grown much larger than Drogon (closer to Balerion's size)

Another theory I hold is potentially less weird... So likely in G R R R R R R R R R R R R Martin's mind.

Bran is not the Night King, but will Warg into Viserion and take it back in the final battle to earn his place as one of the three prophesied Dragon riders.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Has the hound ever called Jon a c**t? I didn't think he had?

Indirectly, yes.

Told Arya that 'lots of c**ts' name their swords, and Jon told Arya 'All the best swords have names' when he gave her Needle.
  • Options
    One thing that made no sense, we have seen the night king has a good ol throw on him, why didn't he throw a load of spears at the fellowship? Easy targets surely

I know you're just meant to enjoy it but the previous seasons were very cruel and had realistic moments of happiness and sadness which made the show what it is, it's gone a bit Hollywood action now
  • Options

One thing that made no sense, we have seen the night king has a good ol throw on him, why didn't he throw a load of spears at the fellowship? Easy targets surely

I know you're just meant to enjoy it but the previous seasons were very cruel and had realistic moments of happiness and sadness which made the show what it is, it's gone a bit Hollywood action now

See Jorah almost falling off Drogon's back.
  • Options
    Jints said:

Its very different to earlier seasons where the plot and the characters were developed slowly and fairly carefully. It no longer makes any kind of sense and I'm just watching it for the great action sequences and bits of funny dialogue.

I guess I'm one of those people who likes to switch their mind off when they're not working and gets easily distracted. I can't remember most of the characters names so the mindless action scenes are what I prefer. For reference some of my favourite films include Freddy V Jason and Snakes on a Plane.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

One thing that made no sense, we have seen the night king has a good ol throw on him, why didn't he throw a load of spears at the fellowship?

I think I am now done with this thread.
    This thread is filled with people who lack any kind of suspension of belief or those that like to complain about just about anything.
  • Options

Theory is he didn't kill them because then Dany wouldn't have continued the rescue mission and simply would've left. Essentially he can see the future like Bran.

What confuses me on that part though is why he didn't spear the Dragon on the ground , or hurry for that matter , because he would've been able to get at least two Dragons that way.