Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Game Of Thrones

Comments

• Options

I think Westworld was better this year than GOT.

That's next on my box set watch list

• Options

I think Westworld was better this year than GOT.

Westworld was really good , but the show runners tried too hard in my opinion.
    Some nice twists but way too many flashbacks to be gripping , though the finale was exceptional.

Game of Thrones is always moving forward which is why I like it so much.
  • Options

Why does no one have tattoos in GOT

Jorah had 'Daenerys' on his heart, but Sam had to rip it off.
  • Options
    All this talk about suddenly accelerating plot lines is true but I still love it. The other series had a story that ran through the entire series and built to a climax like The Sopranos, this season is more 24. Action in every instalment but I liked 24 as well, sorry if you like it watch it if you don't then don't waste your time watching it.

I can't wait for tomorrow.
  • Options
    edited August 2017

Anyone else seen it's been leaked Bethesda (makers of skyrim, fallout etc) are making a game of thrones rpg?

Bloody excited by this. If they can sort a few of the issues from the Elder Scroll series, like quest scruture and the unispiring plot of the last one, it could be a perfect match of liscensing and developer. Much like the recent Warhammer and Total war game. Personally I would have preferred CD Projekt Red after the Witcher games, number 3 felt very inspired by Game of Thrones, but that is only a minor quibble.

Bethesda do have a history of just publishing games, so might not have developed it. Still exciting news as, except for the Telltale effort, the relatively few we have had are shite imo.
  • Options

Anyone else seen it's been leaked Bethesda (makers of skyrim, fallout etc) are making a game of thrones rpg?

Bloody excited by this. If they can sort a few of the issues from the Elder Scroll series, like quest scruture and the unispiring plot of the last one, it could be a perfect match of liscensing and developer. Much like the recent Warhammer and Total war game. Personally I would have preferred CD Projekt Red after the Witcher games, number 3 felt very inspired by Game of Thrones, but that is only a minor quibble.

Bethesda do have a history of just publishing games, so might not have developed it. Still exciting news as, except for the Telltale effort, the relatively few we have had are shite imo.
    Yeah Bethesda can't write for shit. Also the combat for skyrim was so clunky and rubbish, as you say, witcher 3's combat system is brilliant.
  • Options
    Is Game of Thrones like an adult version of Lord of the Rings? I watched about 5 minutes of it once but found it hard to relate to....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Over the course of today I've convinced myself one particular main character is going to die tonight.
  • Options
    What an awful episode

Killed the most personable character on the show
    No nudity
    Dialogue was awful
    Last 10 minutes were just boring

:wink:
  • Options
    Really felt like an older episode, characters had time to talk to each other. Not sure the Stark storyline wasn't a little bit forced but I enjoyed it nonetheless.
  • Options
    Decent episode, builds it up nicely for next season.

And now our two year wait begins
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    I thought it was really well done. There was more subtlety and dialogue. Really gripping.

He is The Prince who was Promised. He is A Song of Ice and Fire.
  • Options
    It was fantastic overall but the Winterfell tension was massively forced throughout the season even though I was happy with the end result of that part of the story.

Also why did Bran have to be told about the wedding? I thought he saw everything.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    Lots of stuff you thought about Jon and maybe a few things you hadn't thought of:

• Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

Really felt like an older episode, characters had time to talk to each other. Not sure the Stark storyline wasn't a little bit forced but I enjoyed it nonetheless.

You see? You've been shouting down anyone daring to criticize this season, but that was a proper Thrones episode and the clear standout of the season.

Crackin' stuff.
  • Options

My stone cold lock predictions for tonight...

1. Dany and Jon get it on

2. Arya kills Littlefinger

3. The White Walkers destroy the Wall, with help of their new dragon

Was 3 for 3.
  • Options

Was 3 for 3.
    Well done Ackers
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Was 3 for 3.
    Dazzler21 said:

Was 3 for 3.
    Well done Ackers
    I would delete this until later or put it under the spoiler tag, just saying.
  • Options
    edited August 2017

JiMMy 85 said:

You see? You've been shouting down anyone daring to criticize this season, but that was a proper Thrones episode and the clear standout of the season.

Crackin' stuff.
    Not intentionally. I've been disagreeing with the so-called 'plothole' complaints that all stem from the same issue. And I said of this plot that we should wait to see how it pans out before judging it.
  • Options

It was fantastic overall but the Winterfell tension was massively forced throughout the season even though I was happy with the end result of that part of the story.

Also why did Bran have to be told about the wedding? I thought he saw everything.

He has to look for it I think.
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited August 2017
    Proper old school episode. Classic set up for next season - finales in GoT are rarely spectacular.

Unsure which roles the Stark sisters will play in he next season but the main themes away from the whole army of the dead seem to be:

- Jon and Dany battling with relationship and who is true heir to the Iron Throne
    - Jaime vs Cersei
    - Everyone vs. Lannisters & Golden Company
    - Melisandre trying some crazy shit

For some reason I get the feeling that the Army of the Dead could be dealt with relatively soon - can't see them getting past Winterfell. Focus on the real characters and the new battles with the Golden Company.

As a book reader - I don't like the idea Jon's real name is Aegon. Doesn't make much sense.
  • Options
    That was a cracking episode, loved it all. Not happy with how long I now have to wait for the next season
  • Options

Was 3 for 3.
    Prick
    Unless NapaAddick's real name is Brandon.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    WSS said:

As a book reader - I don't like the idea Jon's real name is Aegon. Doesn't make much sense.

Why so? Isn't he name after Aegon out of the Duncan and egg shorts?
  • Options
    I loved the kick in the bollocks scene