Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Best Burger you've had?

Comments

• Honest Burger, GBK and The Lord Nelson.
  • I'm not a burger fan to be honest, but MEAT in Lund, Sweden served up a fine specimen.

As for the UK, I'm pretty partial to BK for something quick and easy. Hardly fine dining, but it certainly fills a whole.

But I may have to try the burger place in Bluewater near waterstones. For a more sophisticated burger..
  • Hawksmoor for a posh burger but for me the best chain burger I have had is In-N-Out in California. Our californian cafc fans will be aware of these.
  • Sorry but nothing beats Burger King double whopper meal with bacon in it.

There's a great pub in southfleet that does great burgers with unique tasting.
  • edited March 2014
    In St Ives the blas burgerworks does fantastic vegetarian and I assume meat burgers.
  • Never had a posh / expensive burger at anywhere more upmarket than a pub. Rarely get to eat anywhere decent and if given a chance, I'm not wasting it on a burger.

Best / most memorable were the ones off the tea hut over Welling United under the main stand in the late 80s. Lovely couple sweating away flipping them were a good 60st between them, they knew how to serve up a cheese burger with fried onions (and big sausages in a baguette).

Proper football grub at its finest.
  • Never had a posh / expensive burger at anywhere more upmarket than a pub. Rarely get to eat anywhere decent and if given a chance, I'm not wasting it on a burger.

Best / most memorable were the ones off the tea hut over Welling United under the main stand in the late 80s. Lovely couple sweating away flipping them were a good 60st between them, they knew how to serve up a cheese burger with fried onions (and big sausages in a baguette).

Legendary. One of the ladies was Pam Hobbins, the wife of Graham, I think. Cheese rolls which contained more cheese than bread. Great days at PVR.

• The almost legendary cheesy gate burger - The Gate Inn, Marshside, Kent.

Also home of the almost legendary black pudding sandwich.

Great beer too.
  • Best burger I've had was at Wolfe's in Covent Garden. Made from Kobe beef, which is a Japanese breed which gets a bowl of beer each day and is massaged to maintain the beef quality. Not cheap - but it was damn good.

IAgree mentioned a legendary black pudding sandwich - on my holiday last year in Fife, we stumbled on a lovely cafe in the seaside port village of Crail. They served up a black pudding and caramelised onion panini which was out of this world. If you're up in that part of the world it's worth a detour.

• I had this bad boy the other day at red dog saloon - devastator
  • Sponsored links:

• Best burger I've had was at Wolfe's in Covent Garden. Made from Kobe beef, which is a Japanese breed which gets a bowl of beer each day and is massaged to maintain the beef quality. Not cheap - but it was damn good.

IAgree mentioned a legendary black pudding sandwich - on my holiday last year in Fife, we stumbled on a lovely cafe in the seaside port village of Crail. They served up a black pudding and caramelised onion panini which was out of this world. If you're up in that part of the world it's worth a detour.

A fool and his money.........................

a) Kobe beef doesn't get a bowl of beer a day and isn't massaged = Myth
    b) Real Kobe only comes from Japan and is way more expensive than Wolfe's overpriced burgers.
    c) The world is now full of Kobe herds, but they aren't real Kobe. It's just a name.
  • Patty & Bun - no contest
  • I can't not mention a little place called St. Marks Ale House in NYC. Incredible burgers in there, nothing I've had in the UK has come close.
  • These posh burgers are wasted on me as I don't like the accoutrements. If I was making my ideal burger it would be bun, burger, onions and ketchup. Maybe some bacon.
    That's it.

• A fool and his money.........................

Not the first time I've been told I'm foolish, but in all fairness the burgers I've had in Wolfe's are the best I've had so far, and getting a cheap AND decent burger in London is not the easiest of tasks...
  • MrOneLung said:

These posh burgers are wasted on me as I don't like the accoutrements. If I was making my ideal burger it would be bun, burger, onions and ketchup. Maybe some bacon.
    That's it.

Try the classic in Ed's in Bluewater.
  • Colchester away new ground.burger van waited in que nearly half an hour but was worth every minute.always compare other grounds burgers with that one and nothing gets near.
  • E-cafc said:

Talking of burgers got my mind thinking back. Who remembers the Cockney Burger that used to be where the curry house is now on Wellington Gardens? Their burgers were huge and very tasty. They used to wrap them in foil as well. The thing that stands out about them even from 30 years ago is the price. I am sure they were around the £2 mark even then!

That was a great place, used to be run by Rocky Taylor, the stuntman
  • NugNug
    edited March 2014
    Best non-uk was Culvers (http://www.culvers.com/) in Mid west US. Best UK used to be a great burger place in Dartford along Lowfield Street near the snooker place, can't remember the name.
  • Can't beat burger king on the A20 with all the games we've got coming up ! Crap service but I've got vouchers the length of ur arm!
  • Sponsored links:

• In Manchester there is Almost Famous, a burger joint that doesn't advertise and doesn't even have a sign on its door, yet is always busy due to word of mouth due to how good their burgers are.

In this country, best burger I've ever had was from Coast-2-Coast (it's like an upmarket TGI Fridays). Best burger I've ever had was Fergburger in Queenstown, New Zealand. Legendary stuff.
  • Agree re: Burger and Lobster for best 'posh' burger, although at 20 quid it is very steep....had one for lunch last week and loved it though.

For 'every day' burger, I prefer Byron's...

For those local to SE10, the Cutty Sark pub does a reasonable burger...think it is around the £10 mark...good post ride refuelling food on a Sat/Sun lunch after a cycle out around the Kent lanes...

Yes indeed, I sampled these on many occasions. The sausages in the baguettes were legendary,
  • The American chain Hooters. Fantastic buns, luscious, juicy, succulent, tender, with just a modicum of dressing.
    Oh, no, sorry that was the waitresses not the burgers. I believe in the States the concept is aptly called "Breastaurants"
  • edited March 2014
    I used to 'date' a madchen (missing umlauht) from Hamburg .. without doubt the best hamburger I have ever had ... ((:>)
  • edited March 2014
    ^
  • Have seen a fairly new Bryon pop up in blue water. Is it better than GBK???
  • check this place out http://www.reddogsaloon.co.uk/website/#

the Devastator - say no more

went last week, amazing burgers!, had a chilli cheeseburger
  • meat mission, hoxton square, yes bruv