Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Best Burger you've had?

Comments

• Couple of decent burgers available at KERB markets. Bleecker St Burger does a lovely double cheeseburger and the Heartbreaker Burger from Tongue 'N Cheek are both delicious.
  • You need to come to Atlanta and visit the Vortex (as featured on Man v Food)....hope your hungry!

Triple Coronary Bypass Burger

Made with three half-pound Vortex sirloin patties stacked inside three grilled cheese sandwiches, topped with two fried eggs, eight slices of American cheese, ten slices of bacon and plenty of mayo on the side. With this burger we choose your side for you, and it’s a big bowl of fries and tots covered in our cheesy-cheese goo. This super-stack is a heart attack waiting to happen. Enjoy! (No lettuce, tomato or onion) $26.95
  • DanDavis said:

You need to come to Atlanta and visit the Vortex (as featured on Man v Food)....hope your hungry!

Triple Coronary Bypass Burger

Made with three half-pound Vortex sirloin patties stacked inside three grilled cheese sandwiches, topped with two fried eggs, eight slices of American cheese, ten slices of bacon and plenty of mayo on the side. With this burger we choose your side for you, and it’s a big bowl of fries and tots covered in our cheesy-cheese goo. This super-stack is a heart attack waiting to happen. Enjoy! (No lettuce, tomato or onion) $26.95

i miss potato tots. used to go through thousands of them at uni.
  • Ferg burger - new zealand, queenstown. Awesome burger, their menu is incredible.
  • Anyone had the bacon cheeseburger from opposite the East stand ...! Haven't had one for ages but had one before he Watford game and look what happened! I should make it a ritual ...
  • I had this bad boy the other day at red dog saloon - devastator

Love it there.
  • Banks Bar in Maidstone used to do a cracking beach burger (summer only).
    Huge beef burger, carved thick ham, fried egg or pineapple with mayo etc.
    Used to love summer arriving just for that.

Last one I really enjoyed was a place at London Bridge Market - no idea what it was called but after 8 pints it hit the spot.
  • Try this one! You get the megaburger for free if you eat it in under 30 mins!
    http://www.woodbridgecafe.co.uk/2601.html

We bring you.... The Mega Burger Challenge - 10" sesame bun, 1kg burger with 14 slices of cheese, tomato, lettuce, onion, gherkins and burger sauce served with coleslaw, chips and onion rings. All yours for £20 or free if you can finish it within 30 minutes. DM for bookings.
  • talking of challenges, theres one at the rare cow billericay -Holy cow burger: eat 24 oz of pure minced beef in a burger, that has onion rings, bacon, and all the trimmings, along with chips - in 20mins or less
  • Almost Famous, Manchester.
  • Sponsored links:

• In N Out Burgers in LA are superb. Best fast food burgers in America. Puts the other chains to shame...
  • Addick90 said:

Ferg burger - new zealand, queenstown. Awesome burger, their menu is incredible.

Agree a 100% love a Ferg Burger
  • Not read any of the comments so apologies if this ones been mentioned.....absolutely the most amazing burger is to be had at The Woodman At Ide Hill/Goathurst Common near Sevenoaks does a beast of a burger called a "Dagwood" Ive had two recently and failed to finish either....My 20 yr old son finished one, but my 16yr old didnt get anywhere near it. Good value for around £12. If you try one its best to fast from brekkie :-)
  • Not massive, but taste wise had the truffle burger on Saturday at boisdale's at Victoria. - very very nice.
  • Saw this in Blackpool last weekend.
    I'm guessing every Hen party in town must have started with a Washington Challenge.
    Any lifers give it a go and survive?

Cheers for the Woodman tip TEL, that's round the corner from my step brothers house so I'll definitely give that a test drive.
  • What's everyone's top tips for a burger on the BBQ?
  • Fat Tui Café Marahau Abel Tasman New Zealand, only in the summer, ........I'd go round the world for this one.....beetroot, pineapple, bacon, lettuce, mayo, and the rest.
  • A place called Mangetout down Southend. Unreal burgers. Sounds like it's owned by Del Boy but I can assure you the place is great. Try it out next time you fancy a trip to the Seaside!
  • Never had a posh / expensive burger at anywhere more upmarket than a pub. Rarely get to eat anywhere decent and if given a chance, I'm not wasting it on a burger.

Best / most memorable were the ones off the tea hut over Welling United under the main stand in the late 80s. Lovely couple sweating away flipping them were a good 60st between them, they knew how to serve up a cheese burger with fried onions (and big sausages in a baguette).

Proper football grub at its finest.

Pam Hobbins & Steve - jumbo hot dogs were immense, you could sell the onions walking through the turnstiles
  • Smell even!
  • Sponsored links:

• Loving this thread.
  • Had one from Five Guys the other day with all the toppings. Pretty damn good
  • Almost Famous in Liverpool. Seriously, if you're ever in Liverpool or Manchester, get yourself down to it (There's one in both!)
  • Addick90 said:

talking of challenges, theres one at the rare cow billericay -Holy cow burger: eat 24 oz of pure minced beef in a burger, that has onion rings, bacon, and all the trimmings, along with chips - in 20mins or less

What the hell is happening in this picture!? Is it forced perspective!?

Has anyone tried the burger joint inside the hotel in NYC? Parker Meridien I think. If you don't get your order straight before you reach the counter, they'll send you to the back if the queue.

The burgers are small. Scooby do style, but hell they are good.
  • Lol jimmy I bet you had it ready hey?

I am going to NYC for the first time end of the month for work. Will try to check it out. Want to try Smith & Wollenskys Burger as well...heard great thing about that joint
  • I'll agree with the other posters that voted almost famous in Manchester or Liverpool. I was in the Manchester one the other week, blinding burger with cheese and bacon chips :)
  • Lol jimmy I bet you had it ready hey?

I am going to NYC for the first time end of the month for work. Will try to check it out. Want to try Smith & Wollenskys Burger as well...heard great thing about that joint

We couldn't get a table in Pete Luger's but somebody told us Smith & Wollensky's is just as good (Wollensky is a former Luger chef or something), but Jesus, it's not cheap. I think we had a two course meal for two at over a hundred and fifty bucks. Don't regret it though.

The Parker Meridien is odd because it's a burger joint inside the hotel - I think the story is that they refused to sell the premises, so the hotel was built around it, Batteries Not Included-style. http://www.parkermeridien.com/eat/burger-joint/

I'd also recommend finding the mobile waffle van. If you can find it. Problem is, it's mobile.
  • Five Guys, Kissimmee
  • Loving this thread.

Thank you.
  • meldrew66 said:

Five Guys, Kissimmee

One just opened in Bluewater. Might save you journey ;-)