Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Best Burger you've had?

Comments

• Options

Anyone tried Hello Burger at Sidcup yet?

Its not too bad, good to have something like it in Sidcup instead of a chain like GBK (even though I do like GBK).
  • Options
    SE7toSG3 said:

The other 80's football classic was a Casey Jones half pounder, a short lived BR chain available at Kings Cross, Euston etc

Remember these well they were a life line with a bucket of coke when arriving back in London from an away trip and sobering up on the train back and arriving in London feeling like shit
  • Options
    Loved Arby's in America why can't they put one here?
  • Options
    Make our own burgers, gotta say venison burgers take some beating
  • Options
    As a Gout sufferer who isn't allowed Red meat anymore, I find this thread offensive so I am sending the grab squad round to remove you all.
  • Options
    Lombardos in Amsterdam, probably the best I've had
  • Options

As a Gout sufferer who isn't allowed Red meat anymore, I find this thread offensive so I am sending the grab squad round to remove you all.

You can mince white meat or even poultry and add breadcrumbs, herbs and spices and some peppers and onions, shape it and cook it And voila you have a tasty home made burger.

My kids make burgers a lot, it's an activity we do at home, I let them mix in anything they like even ketchup and cheese. It's much healthier that way.
  • Options

Get them to bring round a Five Guys bacon cheeseburger with lettuce, mayo, mushrooms, onions and gherkins as well, cheers.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Hotbox in Hoxton is levels above most mentioned on here. Proper burgers.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The Bird in Hamburg (honest!) amazing!
  • Options

Falafel Burger from the Fortify Cafe, 32 High Street, Maidstone.
    As of 2015, everything on the menu is free of meat, dairy and egg
    = 100% vegan. fortifycafe.co.uk/menu

Behave! Wheres the ham then.......bloody hippies.
  • Options
    On a train. OK not in this country. On an Amtrak somewhere in North Carolina.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    One for the skiiers/boarders.

The "Frog" in Val Thorens does some absolutely amazing burgers.

Perfect to soak up the alcohol on an apres session as the bar gets pretty lively too.
  • Options

The "Frog" in Val Thorens does some abasolutely amazing burgers.

Perfect to soak up the alcohol on an apres session as the bar gets pretty lively too.

Thought you were a man of the people with the protest stuff, bloody skiing indeed..... You'll tell us you went to Eton next......
  • Options

Thought you were a man of the people with the protest stuff, bloody skiing indeed..... You'll tell us you went to Eton next......
    He only joins in with the protests because Jeeves and the Rolls are blocked in the car park anyway
  • Options

He only joins in with the protests because Jeeves and the Rolls are blocked in the car park anyway
    Travel around in that heap of shit? Who do you think I am...
  • Options
    Obviously you can get good burgers from either side of the pond.

But generally speaking, a standard / cheap / chain burger in the US is better than in the UK.

A burger from a roadside diner in the US is great on the whole, whereas in the UK it would have a ratburger feel to it.

The quality of meat over there is so much better.
  • Options

Sure you're still talking about burgers here? ;)
  • Options
    edited January 2016

You can mince white meat or even poultry and add breadcrumbs, herbs and spices and some peppers and onions, shape it and cook it And voila you have a tasty home made burger.

My kids make burgers a lot, it's an activity we do at home, I let them mix in anything they like even ketchup and cheese. It's much healthier that way.
    I don't even add the breadcrumbs etc. I use 20% fat mince and maybe add salt/ pepper/ paprika/ Cayenne pepper.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The Globe in Brentford. Superb burgers. Great before watching Charlton there.
  • Options
    CAFC Luke said:

Sure you're still talking about burgers here? ;)
    Yeah, furburgers.
  • Options
    Anyone tried the burgers in Cau in Blackheath? They're up there.

Buckowski Grill in Brixton market was v. good too.
  • Options
    Gammysnr said:

Holy shit, really? I've not been for a good five years now, but my recollection of that place was "don't ever eat there again," which is why we haven't despite working next door for years.

There's another pub that did a great burger menu a few years ago, a half mile away. The Lord Nelson? I think that's what it was called. It became a gastro pub last time i went there, but the old burger menu was excellent. Used to have 'The Bulldog' burger. Bacon and egg on top. Lovely.
  • Options

The "Frog" in Val Thorens does some absolutely amazing burgers.

Similarly, Tocade Burger in Val D'Isere does a cracking burger. Maybe because you only really have it when drunk, but still...
  • Options
    Had a corker at Ronnie Scotts when we were there during our pre-Christmas visit. It was 19 quid though...
  • Options
    The best I've ever had was at 'Dip n Flip' in Battersea. I think.
  • Options

Obviously you can get good burgers from either side of the pond.

But generally speaking, a standard / cheap / chain burger in the US is better than in the UK.

A burger from a roadside diner in the US is great on the whole, whereas in the UK it would have a ratburger feel to it.

The quality of meat over there is so much better.

I'm not sure that the quality of beef in the US, what with growth hormone (my excuse for the way I am is that I ate burgers in America when I was there on a student work visa many moons ago) and other delights, not allowed here under EU regulation.

It's a major reason why it is difficult to purchase US beef, unlike Argentinian, over here...

That said, you are right about diners.

There's a chain in Ireland called Eddie Rocketts which used to be really quite good (haven't been in years, but see that they have opened a brancjh on the Lisburn Road in Belfast).

Other than that, my local chippy does a stonking Bacon Egg & Cheese 1/2 pound burger; but I generally need a little lie down afterwards.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

Gammysnr said:

Holy shit, really? I've not been for a good five years now, but my recollection of that place was "don't ever eat there again," which is why we haven't despite working next door for years.

There's another pub that did a great burger menu a few years ago, a half mile away. The Lord Nelson? I think that's what it was called. It became a gastro pub last time i went there, but the old burger menu was excellent. Used to have 'The Bulldog' burger. Bacon and egg on top. Lovely.
    Work at GSK? So do I. The Lord Nelson is not a bad pub, never eaten there though. I've been working in Brentford for three years and go to the Globe most Friday lunchtimes for food. It's decent, maybe changed hands since the last time you went there? Round the World Burger challenge is a big eat.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    @NornIrishAddick another vote for eddie rockets, im over in dublin and offaly quite a bit and always pop in to have one, there open late aswell 3/4am so good for after a session, really good patties and the dressed fries are unreal.