Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Southeastern train disruption (franchise to be taken over by Govt p191)

Comments

• Options
    Off_it said:
    Driver has just come on to say we are “running on restrictive aspects” this morning, which is nice. 

No idea what it means though.

I think it’s probably official speak for “the trains are shit”.
    I heard that one too. Sidcup line to Charing Cross?
    Yep.

now on my way home and a broken down train on platform 6 at LB apparently means that they are unable to use the boards to show what train is currently sitting on platform 7.

good job I’m drunk. Am coming to YOUR house!
  • Options
    Get ready people. Trains are majorly fucked. 
  • Options
    Get ready people. Trains are majorly fucked. 
    Broken rail at New Cross means no trains to Waterloo or Charing Cross
  • Options
    Charing X is shut until 8am apparently (just said at Cannon St)
  • Options
    All CX trains cancelled for another 1-2 hours at least. It’s all just one big scam.
  • Options
    How you guys put up with such shoddy service is beyond me, it's bad enough trying to get to the valley from hampshire for every home match.. I do take my hat off to you. 
  • Options
    did think that Welling platform was ridiculously busy at 6.15 this morning, only realised why when we got to Cannon Street - no announcements or anything on the monitors at all.
  • Options
    Took ages to get to work, but got there in the end.

think i owe the lady i was squashed up against dinner though. Least I can do after our intimate 45 mins together.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Got to Albany Park and the Charing Cross trains were moving. But packed, but moving. Keep Calm and Don’t Panic
  • Options
    Got to Welling at about 7.20. There was a Victoria train with seats so I took my chances rather than wait for a Cannon St that is rammed at the best of times, let alone today. Got to work at 9.10. Good going Southeastern!!
  • Options
    Well this morning wasn't fun at all. After moving to leafy Bromley my SouthEastern gripes have lessoned quite considerably. However having the great unwashed of the London Bridge and Charing Cross freaks having to be diverted into Victoria it caused me delay. Unacceptable.

• Options
    Going to affect evening peak trains as well unsurprisingly. Check before you travel - as you should every day if travelling on Southeastern! 
  • Options
    It’s incomprehensible that in the 21st century, millions of people still live their lives in line with religious fairy tales (be it Islam, Christianity, Judaism etc)
    Wrong thread? - Or is one of those fairy tales the story of the train that ran on time? ;)
    this made me chuckle all day{
  • Options
    It’s incomprehensible that in the 21st century, millions of people still live their lives in line with religious fairy tales (be it Islam, Christianity, Judaism etc)
    Wrong thread? - Or is one of those fairy tales the story of the train that ran on time? ;)
    I think you're classed as a religious extremist if you believe in that sort of thing!

Sounds like a horrendous day on the trains or, to put it another way, a completely normal day.
  • Options
    So this Bexleyheath line closure. Heard the announcement today that they will be running “extra trains” down the Sidcup line to cope with the extra demand.

But I’ve just looked up the revised timetable and after 7.30am there seems to be only one extra train from my station - New Eltham - which is going to Victoria.

Is that right? Just one extra train during the morning rush?
  • Options
    Cmon you didn't think Southeastern were going to sensible did you?
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    So this Bexleyheath line closure. Heard the announcement today that they will be running “extra trains” down the Sidcup line to cope with the extra demand.

But I’ve just looked up the revised timetable and after 7.30am there seems to be only one extra train from my station - New Eltham - which is going to Victoria.

Is that right? Just one extra train during the morning rush?
    they will no doubt cancel more than one each morning, you know, for shits and gigs 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I sent them a friendly web message yesterday asking them to confirm the times of the “extra” trains from New Eltham when the Bexleyheath line is closed.

They responded the same day, which is very impressive.

Unfortunately all they did was send me a link to the new timetable - ie “work it out yourself”.

They’ve just had a not so friendly follow up request.

(ps. I’m worried that I’m spending too much time on this thread!)
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    I sent them a friendly web message yesterday asking them to confirm the times of the “extra” trains from New Eltham when the Bexleyheath line is closed.

They responded the same day, which is very impressive.

Unfortunately all they did was send me a link to the new timetable - ie “work it out yourself”.

They’ve just had a not so friendly follow up request.

(ps. I’m worried that I’m spending too much time on this thread!)
    We all reach that point where we spend too much time on this thread. It becomes unhealthy. Lucky for me I found an inner peace (and happy pills).

I now get Southern so yeah........
  • Options
    No Bexleyheath line trains on Saturday.
  • Options
    Nor Sunday, and then the rest of the week when this Storm causes a couple of twigs to go on the line.
  • Options
    I moved away from London three years ago but still check this thread. This was a large part in my decision to move 

Terrible service 
  • Options
    Nor Sunday, and then the rest of the week when this Storm causes a couple of twigs to go on the line.
    Trampoline on the line today - that's a new one !
  • Options
    If anyone was unlucky enough to get the 11:18 from chatham to victoria it was 3 hours 29 mins delayed. Ouch.