Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Southeastern train disruption (franchise to be taken over by Govt p191)

Comments

• Options

And the train was 5 minutes late as well!

I think we should play ' Guess the station' I'm going for St Mary Cray.
  • Options
    This, by the way is a French Superior.
  • Options

Bromley South?

(I love it how the "fast" train to Victoria is already 17 mins late, which probably means it's actually as slow as the stopping at all stations shitkicker from wherever!)
  • Options

When did trains start running between St Mary Cray & Orpington?
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    N01R4M said:

When did trains start running between St Mary Cray & Orpington?
    He's not thought it through, has he? I don't think he can be "real Charlton".

Any real Charlton fan would see the "fast" train to Victoria, Dover Priory the other way, the Blackfriars to Sevenoaks trains on the Catford Loopline and know it HAD to be Bromley South.
    :-)

Fuck it! Hoisted by my own Petard.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:
    Yuk, I dread to think what a "Reduced Standard Toilet" on SouthEastern looks like - presumably similar to staring down a vortex into hell. I'm still convinced that the Chinese wet market story is a hoax, and coronavirus actually started life on the long-uncleaned seat of a South Eastern Trains khazi.

Are you sure that picture isn't photoshopped, Elfsborg? It says only 3 trains out of 8 are running late, I really can't believe that ever happened!

I found out the following day that the toilets that have the automatic lock/wrap around doors are NOT the reduced standard ones, I suppose they are the deluxe version.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Bromley South?

(I love it how the "fast" train to Victoria is already 17 mins late, which probably means it's actually as slow as the stopping at all stations shitkicker from wherever!)

We have a winner.  St Mary Cray station is boarded up.
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Bromley South?

We have a winner.  St Mary Cray station is boarded up.
    Do I win a Range Rover?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jesus ive not been on a train for so long! Glorious! 
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    The 6.32 this morning from Bromley South to Victoria was delayed due to a 'slippery line'. It was not even raining!!

Do Southeastern have no shame with the excuses they trot out.
  • Options
    Maybe they're using this definition of slippery, 'evasive and unpredictable; not to be relied on'. 
  • Options
    The 6.32 this morning from Bromley South to Victoria was delayed due to a 'slippery line'. It was not even raining!!

Icy.
  • Options

Icy.
    Another one.
  • Options

Icy.
    Another one.
    Stop whinging and be grateful for small (don’t take offence) mercies, at least there’s no leaves on the line this time of year 😉.
  • Options
    True, just trespassers.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    RedChaser said:

Icy.
    Another one.
    Stop whinging and be grateful for small (don’t take offence) mercies, at least there’s no leaves on the line this time of year 😉.

@RedChaser, please see this as a sign of me being back to (almost)full health :):smile:
    I was looking for a muscle flexing emoji!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pink border round a map showing routes that are closed on Southeasterns network map Sheerness to Sittingbourne Ramsgate to Dover via Deal Dover to Faverhsam via Canterbury West Westenhanger and Sandling Strood to Tonbridge Hastings to Tonbridge and Bromley North to Grove Park
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Missing it yet, @MrLargo ?
  • Options
    MrLargo said:
    Missing it yet, @MrLargo ?
    Of course mate!

James Hunt, the legendary Formula 1 Driver, once said that "the closer you are to death, the more alive you feel".

Well you can't get much closer to death than travelling on SouthEastern! Before you've even got on the train, there's the potential for a fatal heart attack when you see the price of your ticket. There's the risk of hypothermia while you stand on the platform for hours waiting for your train to turn up. And then when you finally get on, you'll either be sat on a seat that's covered in traces of every bodily fluid imaginable, or, more likely, you'll be crushed to the point of suffocation, with your fellow passengers coughing out the 18 previous versions of Covid and peoples' todgers rubbing up against you. If you're really unlucky then you'll be stuck next to the khazis, an ordeal that only Chernobyl survivors would be able to empathise with.

I've spent too much time relaxing over the last few months. I'm craving the adrenaline rush of chasing one of the platform staff through the station and then rugby tackling him to the ground and beating him with my shoe until he confesses that the "passenger incident" they're using as an excuse for the latest delay is a total work of fiction.

It's quiet now, like when the British and German troops climbed out of the trenches at Christmas to play football on the battlefield. But we all know that, before too long, hostilities will recommence. I will be ready.

I hate to do this to you MrLargo, but you really have to rejoin the fray, if for no other reason than you crack me up with your travelogues from the front-line  :D
  • Options

The 'standard toilets' are bad enough, I'm glad I was not getting this train 
  • Options
    Deja loo. 
  • Options
    Tree on the line in Barnehurst, so no trains down the Bexleyheath line until 9am. 

Didn’t they close the line for 2 months to stop this from happening?

I’ve missed them.