Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Southeastern train disruption (franchise to be taken over by Govt p191)

Comments

• Options
    More likely @MrLargo is getting his hair braided for a shopping holiday celebration….
  • Options
    I am worried Mr Largo has not commented yet. I guess he is 10 pints and 3 lines in celebrating.
    Obviously a euphoric day for me, and I was sorely tempted to post first thing this morning. However, my joy was tempered with fear about what they might inflict on us between now and 17 October.

I wasn't wrong - as anyone at Charlton station right now will be able to testify. These vile gutter dogs have already started to sign off in style, with at least three post match trains cancelled. Gonna be a harrowing three weeks.
  • Options
    To be fair it's a signal failure, so out of their control
  • Options
    True, it’s not like it rains that often in this country
  • Options
    True, it’s not like it rains that often in this country
    I meant that they don't look after the signalling!

Network Rail do that
  • Options
    My last day of going into the office on a southeastern and they are fcked. Delays and diversions because of an issue in the london bridge area
  • Options
    My last day of going into the office on a southeastern and they are fcked. Delays and diversions because of an issue in the london bridge area
    Fire near Waterloo east apparently. 
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Not sure about that, managed to get it fixed quick if that was the case. After running for a bus, then getting a cab to London Bridge... my train from charlton which I should have got.... came rolling in full of Bolton fans. 
  • Options
    Fire at Waterloo east. Trains being run to other platforms. 

Except my train. My train is on the track that’s had a fire and is too close to be moved to another track. 

Just what I needed after last night!
  • Options
    Does anyone know what time the first train went to charing cross after the match  last night. The first scheduled after cancellations was 22.06...did that turn up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2021
    Yes around 22.10.
  • Options
    Cancellation season is back in full flow. 
    It's inversely proportional to the amount of people using the trains. Today's excuse 
    "Cancelled due to a short change of timetable". That's a new one for me!
  • Options
    The Hayes line was out for about 8 hours+ yesterday for signalling problems. 

Pretty packed this morning too for my first rush hour train back.  It's interesting that the number of people on the trains does not seem that different (although I think this is a short train so misleading a little) but so few now in suits/work clothes.
  • Options
    the "new" stock in Southeastern livery
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    the "new" stock in Southeastern livery
    What a beauty! 
  • Options
    Problem with these new trains that Thameslink also use is that the seats are so uncomfortable 
  • Options
    not technically southeastern's fault

https://www.southeasternrailway.co.uk/travel-information/live-travel-information/service-disruption?uq=637702261714900000#INC8FC390A30A014583875769966AE1E23C

but rest assured they'll be milking it for all their worth
    maximum staff cost savings opportunity

good luck finding any staff to help you find out what's actually happening at any given time
  • Options
    friday was a fucking shit show as well
  • Options
    Not southeastern anymore from last Sunday
  • Options
    Can someone amend the thread title?

Operator of Last Resort train disruption.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Glovepup said:
    Problem with these new trains that Thameslink also use is that the seats are so uncomfortable 
    To be fair, that was always the case on the 'newer' trains on SE.  When I mean 'newer' I mean these ones...

rather than the shit heap old ones...

(Sorry for posting NSFW images, I know some of you will be reaching for a box of tissues now but needed to illustrate my point.)
    One the 'newer' train, good luck sitting straight.  The backs of the chairs are curved and sitting down for more than 5-10 mins would kill my back.  Have been standing up for years on the commute because of that alone.
  • Options
    Can anyone name the stations in johnboy's pictures? 
  • Options
    is the second one lewisham?
  • Options
    My dad was commuting in the days when BR Southern Region was experimenting with double-decker commuter trains.
    The idea was to help reduce overcrowding, but I believe they were eventually binned because it turned into a time-consuming free for all when people were trying to get on and off at busy stations.
    I remember seeing them as a boy, but never got to travel on one.

• Options
    2nd is Lewisham - I think first photo is Greenwich
  • Options
    This is what I thought but wasn't sure
  • Options
    My dad was commuting in the days when BR Southern Region was experimenting with double-decker commuter trains.
    The idea was to help reduce overcrowding, but I believe they were eventually binned because it turned into a time-consuming free for all when people were trying to get on and off at busy stations.

They had these in Vienna a few years back, when I went. 
  • Options

One of these is being preserved by a group of enthusiasts https://www.bulleid4dd.org.uk/
  • Options

One of these is being preserved by a group of enthusiasts https://www.bulleid4dd.org.uk/
    Preserving one of the passengers ??!!  :D
  • Options
    Must have been very lucky to get a shot of a train coming through Lewisham station what with those pesky signals n'all.