Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic Supporters Football team?

Comments

• Options

I played and scored a hat trick 23 years ago for Charlton supporters club against Ipswich in about 1991 in an 8-1 drubbing. I wore an old Melrose shirt and Steve Dixon was the captain. It even made it into the programme as I was a junior red at the time

think I played in that
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    CAFCTrev said:

CAFCTrev said:

If we can cobble together 11 addicks we could make it work. DHFCs team play at Belair park in Dulwich so thats a possible venue for a game.

If you are serious what positions do we need as said I am happy to be gk
    Still trying to get a general consensus as a lot of replies to this thread are memories of previous teams without actually saying they want to play again. Great to see theres interest though.

If you deffo want to play for a reformed addicks supporters team can you reply with a "I want to play"?
    "I want to play"
  • Options

I WANT TO PLAY

Im not convinced!

• Options
    I want to play.
  • Options
    I want to play.
  • Options

I used to play in the supporters club team back in the late 80's early 90's, had some great games and memories.

always remember playing the Barnsley lads and remember a tournament we went to in

I used to play in the supporters club team back in the late 80's early 90's, had some great games and memories.

always remember playing the Barnsley lads and remember a tournament we went to in Nottingham one year

I remember the Nottingham tournament, a 7 a side tournament on full size pitches. Hosted by Notts county,we did well if I remember correctly and then back to their ground for a big piss up. Good times
  • Options
    Riscardo said:

The last CIFC game was against Dulwich on their actual pitch. We had 11 men no subs and it was good 0-0 match until @randy andy had an injury and had to go in goal.

For some reason I seem to remember the trip there more than the match, driving round the south circular following your mini with regular stops to check the map as no one had sat nav back then. Then I somehow got away with leaving my car parked in Dulwich with all the windows open for 2 hours

It was a pretty cool place to play a match though
  • Options
    Me +1 want to play
  • Options
    Il get involved, get the ambulance ready though, 3 cruciate ligament reconstructions in 2 years! Still quicker than most of you lot ;)
  • Options
    Great idea. I'd be up for it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

There has been three as far as i am aware.

- One that played the odd game affiliated with the Supporters Club in the late 80s / early 90s

I was asked to Referee (even though I'm not qualified to do so) one of those "friendlies". Happened to be one against Millwall at Sparrows Lane. The likes of Steve Dixon and Steve Archer were playing for us.

All I really remember was that it ended up something like 4-4. Oh and the fact that neither team seemed particularly happy about the result or my ability as the man in the middle!

• Options
    I would like to see a pre-season Rd network tournament in Belgium, with a side tourney of supporters groups from each club. I am prepared to ref or run the line in any such game.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    The CIFC away match against Ayr in the IFACup was a legendary weekend.

The scottish Albert Steptoe who was ref was amazing.

When I politely questioned his awarding of a penalty for a challenge 5-6 yards outside the box (which the Ayr lads actually refused to take) - he called me an English c**t and told me to f**k off if I didn't like it!

Suffice to say I had the last laugh with a David Pleat style run across the pitch when we scored the winner!
  • Options
    seth plum said:

I would like to see a pre-season Rd network tournament in Belgium, with a side tourney of supporters groups from each club. I am prepared to ref or run the line in any such game.

now that would be epic!
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Scoring against the CL team for Ipswich and had another one chalked off for call off side(which wasn't). Some would say MOTM performance for the tractor boys

Couldn't score in the famous red shirt!!! Much like our current strikers at the club in the next few games after tho

it's a lot hard then it look when wearing red

• Options
    I'm pretty sure myself @Glass half empty @Ketman‌ and @RedArmySE7‌ would be interested
  • Options

I played and scored a hat trick 23 years ago for Charlton supporters club against Ipswich in about 1991 in an 8-1 drubbing. I wore an old Melrose shirt and Steve Dixon was the captain. It even made it into the programme as I was a junior red at the time

think I played in that
    I think we played about 16/17 games that season. We had a couple of very old kits from the club (I loved the adidas all white kit with red piping) and we played quite a number of teams in Div 2 at the time. I remember playing against Bristol Rovers, Swindon, Wimbledon, Newcastle, Millwall & Barnsley. I recall organising a minibus to go to Barnsley that left at 6am from Well Hall!

I remember a number of players; Danny Turner, Mick Everitt, Steve Archer, Peter Loveridge (who has since passed away) Mick Cuthbert, Dave Moss, Stuart Cole, Dominic Crowe and ex Charlton physio Gary Moss played a couple of games. We had some cracking games against Millwall!
  • Options
    Mick C has a picture from Pete's son from around that time. Don't forget Loveridge senior, Paul Williams and Mark Anderson.
    Still got red Woolwich kit somewhere or bits of it.
  • Options
    We weren't a bad side. Always struggled against Barnsley though. Good memories!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Very much so. Barnsley with their own away coach and following, Oldham, London Hibs a few times , sure we played West Ham, Port Vale, Ipswich, Notts Co. plus the tournaments at Kidderminster and Notts Co.
  • Options
    Rosie referee too! just remembered.
  • Options
    I want to play
  • Options
    I was in goal for the first half of that CIFC v CPFC match at Bellingham, the way that Palace report reads, you'd think I'd had a blinder as they peppered my goal. However I don't recall it quite like that and think their strike force may have resembled Church and Sordell (pre Saturday) in goal scoring prowess. Do I recall correctly, the 27 year old limo threatening to shove his flag up one of their arses?
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:

CAFCTrev said:

If we can cobble together 11 addicks we could make it work. DHFCs team play at Belair park in Dulwich so thats a possible venue for a game.

If you are serious what positions do we need as said I am happy to be gk
    Still trying to get a general consensus as a lot of replies to this thread are memories of previous teams without actually saying they want to play again. Great to see theres interest though.

If you deffo want to play for a reformed addicks supporters team can you reply with a "I want to play"?
    Whats the count now
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    I'm going back to Uni next week so count me in the 2015 game.

Think of me as the Polish Pete of this year
  • Options
    Eltham Addick is a decent player. NWCorner is different class when he can be bothered. I think it's KentMan - also very good. You'd have a decent side just looking at CL!
  • Options
    i'd play
  • Options

Eltham Addick is a decent player has a wand of a left peg. NWCorner is different class when he can be bothered. I think it's KentMan - also very good. You'd have a decent side just looking at CL!

corrected for you mate ;)