Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic Supporters Football team?

Comments

• Options
    CAFCTrev said:

Ill get in touch with the chap in charge of the DHFC supporters team. Might be best to get a potential date down first, then see who is available after that.

Is Lester still involved in their side?
  • Options

I'd be up for playing but not organising - I've had enough of that....loads of people say they'll turn up only to be left having to borrow a couple of players from the Yeovil supporters who've travelled up from Devon etc... The game against Dulwich Supporters (on their actual pitch after the last game of the season I believe) was another where I was calling around local mates with 5 mins til KO...doh!

As the 'old' CIFC, we had Andy Hunt's brother play (he was quality), then we had Uncle and George Shelvey as Charlton Life FC...who's next?

We've played a number of internationals too...played against Iranian supporters and a team from Moscow...I think Oakster has the pictures...great times :-)

But you are a great organiser ....

I still think i was the best manager ... the half time resignation in the Cup match vs QPR was genius
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

CAFCTrev said:

Ill get in touch with the chap in charge of the DHFC supporters team. Might be best to get a potential date down first, then see who is available after that.

Is Lester still involved in their side?
    Lester Ford? Yeah he actually runs the side now.
  • Options
    I can help out with organising if need be, got experience organising a side.
  • Options
    Thought you guys needed a nice kit that will help with a streamlined look on the pitch, none of us are as fit as we used to be!
    kit.jpg 71.4K
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:

and some training as well lol, otherwise we could end up looking like MillSmall
  • Options

I played for the supporters club around 89/90 alongside Steve Dixon (think even airman used to play, but not too sure). I recall one game away (Barnsley or Swindon I think) on a rainy day & the pitch seem to slope away in all directions, meaning having to constantly waiting for the ball to come back.

Airman's brother Mick used to play in goal - he's on the photo.
  • Options
    PB

I played for the supporters club around 89/90 alongside Steve Dixon (think even airman used to play, but not too sure). I recall one game away (Barnsley or Swindon I think) on a rainy day & the pitch seem to slope away in all directions, meaning having to constantly waiting for the ball to come back.

Anyone put the photo on here P?

Eltham Addick is a decent player has a wand of a left peg. NWCorner is different class when he can be bothered. I think it's KentMan - also very good. You'd have a decent side just looking at CL!

corrected for you mate ;)

Was so young when he played for the side that had to be fed rusks at half time.
  • Options
    edited April 2014

- CIFC (Charlton Internet Football Club) that played regularly against other club supporters teams from around 2000 up to about 4-5 years ago. Both organisers and many many players post on here

Played several times and always enjoyed it, apart from the time I was "volunteered" to play in goal, something Swerve reminds me about every now and again whilst pissing himself. Match against a Spartak Moscow XI the stand out moment for me!

• Options

PB

Eltham Addick is a decent player has a wand of a left peg. NWCorner is different class when he can be bothered. I think it's KentMan - also very good. You'd have a decent side just looking at CL!

Guinnessaddick posted it earlier.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    In the early 80s I had a season playing for the valley club that used to be behind the covered end, up towards the east terrace. We won the the league that year. I think there were at least two teams being run by the vc at the time...not all the players were charlton fans though...
  • Options

PB

Not pretty that. Some very good players though.

• Options
    Me +1 would be up for it.
  • Options

PB

Not pretty that. Some very good players though.

Yep had a very good side back then
  • Options
    Ive emailed Lester who runs the DHFC supporters team if he would be interested in playing a CAFC team.

Id like to get a rough date for a game nailed down first before getting a team together so Ill see what Lester says.

At the moment Im thinking a Saturday lunchtime(ish) probably at Belair Park in Dulwich (their "home" field).
  • Options
    Keen to play up-front, but happy to play anywhere if players are still needed
  • Options
    A friend of mine's been going through his old Dulwich Hamlet photos from 2004 onwards - he used to write match reports on his blog back when they had tiny attendances and the Guardian probably thought they were a local amateur dramatics society.

His latest batch are from about 2005 and include what I guess must be a CIFC match there. I'm sure a few people might recognise themselves...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/137828423@N07/page2

DSC04689
  • Options
    edited January 2016
  • Options
    @InspectorSands - thanks for putting that up mate - was talking about that match only last week, as a few mates have started going to the Hamlet instead of the Valley now... I can't remember the score from that game but I can confirm that CIFC lost...we played on the 'main pitch' right after a usual saturday fixture had finished..was great :-) From that pic I see myself, @oakster @Riscardo @rina @randy andy ...not sure if anyone else posts on here... Cheers.
  • Options
    We got hammered. I pulled my hamstring in the first half, hence I'm wearing the goalkeepers top (we had no subs, so I swapped with the goalie, Rick I think). I know I conceded 5 (defence parted like the red sea!), but have no idea if my predecessor conceded any or whether we scored or not.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Riscardo looks about 27
  • Options
    Have no recollection of this game whatsoever!!
  • Options
    @CAFCTrev didn't you organise a CAFC supporters match vs DHFC at Belair Park in Feb last year? I played left midfield in that match, you were clearly desperate. If you're desperate again I'm in, otherwise will support
  • Options
    thanks for posting that @InspectorSands , I don't think I've seen that pic before and will be stealing it. I have a 27 year old @riscardo doing bunny ears behind my head
  • Options
    This was published in the club's email bulletin that used to go out to all supporters back in the days when they used to communicate with us. April 27th 2005

"Dulwich duty

Charlton fans can watch three Addicks teams in action over the three
    days of the bank holiday weekend.

Most fans may believe that there is only two games in two days with Alan
    Curbishley's Premiership side taking on Manchester United on Sunday and
    then the women's FA Cup final at Upton Park the following day.

But on Saturday, April 30th, Charlton Internet Athletic FC take on
    Dulwich Hamlet at the Dulwich Hamlet Champions Hill Stadium (5:30pm).

Spectators are more than welcome and it's free - although the appeal for
    any aspiring JJs or Murphys doesn't exactly fill the Bulletin with much
    confidence for our boys' chances.

Contact riscardo@... for more details."
  • Options
    The 1st team must have been at home that day :-)

@DanDavis is in that photo as well.

Who is the guy on the far right ?
  • Options

The 1st team must have been at home that day :-)

@DanDavis is in that photo as well.

Who is the guy on the far right ?

Hahaha I don't remember this at all. Looks like the bare 11 that day!

• Options

Mick Brown?
  • Options

@CAFCTrev didn't you organise a CAFC supporters match vs DHFC at Belair Park in Feb last year? I played left midfield in that match, you were clearly desperate. If you're desperate again I'm in, otherwise will support

You did indeed, we won 4-2 after going a goal down, impressive for a team cobbled together at the last minute!

Here are the Valiants that turned up that cold morning.....

• Options
    Is Nathan still our winger ?