Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic Supporters Football team?

Comments

• Options
    I want to play
  • Options
    i want to play and i am quality
  • Options

Hi Bradley Pritchard here, was wondering if you lot would give me a game?

Yeah, no problem, bring your mates Thuram, Hollands and Gower. Oh, and Polish Pete.
    Can we at least make a team based on merit rather than just letting any dross in?
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:

CAFCTrev said:

If we can cobble together 11 addicks we could make it work. DHFCs team play at Belair park in Dulwich so thats a possible venue for a game.

If you are serious what positions do we need as said I am happy to be gk
    Still trying to get a general consensus as a lot of replies to this thread are memories of previous teams without actually saying they want to play again. Great to see theres interest though.

If you deffo want to play for a reformed addicks supporters team can you reply with a "I want to play"?
    I want to play

23 Years Old, 6ft, Striker, a bit like Yann Kermorgant but a bit less fit. Other than that, 100% the same
  • Options
    Sorry if i've missed it but when would the games be played? Saturdays?
  • Options
    Huskaris said:

CAFCTrev said:

CAFCTrev said:

If we can cobble together 11 addicks we could make it work. DHFCs team play at Belair park in Dulwich so thats a possible venue for a game.

If you are serious what positions do we need as said I am happy to be gk
    Still trying to get a general consensus as a lot of replies to this thread are memories of previous teams without actually saying they want to play again. Great to see theres interest though.

If you deffo want to play for a reformed addicks supporters team can you reply with a "I want to play"?
    I want to play

23 Years Old, 6ft, Striker, a bit like Yann Kermorgant but a bit less fit. Other than that, 100% the same
    so youll leave us in the lurch at the first sight of a better cash offer, closer to Breton and then rubbish the guy that organised the game in the SLP?

ha ha ha. sorry I couldnt resist. :)

@justbanterbus.com

• Options
    Thanks for that Dan :)

Look forward to seeing said wand next season (weather permitting, of course)
  • Options
    Hi all, new on here but read the forum all the time. I'd be keen for the odd game (as an Addick now living in Gravesend but home 2 mins up the road from the Valley) as would my two brothers. Used to play regularly to a decent standard but not so much anymore!
  • Options

pleasure mate :)

yep definitely - we'll still be playing, gutted our games fell foul of the weather this year as we've got ourselves a decent side together now
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I wish to partake.
  • Options
    I'd play.
  • Options
    I'd play as a one game, can not commit to regular games though
  • Options
    Amazing what you can find of the net.
  • Options
    Cardigans for goal posts
  • Options

Amazing what you can find of the net.

Is that the Adams Family?
  • Options
    I'd be up for playing but not organising - I've had enough of that....loads of people say they'll turn up only to be left having to borrow a couple of players from the Yeovil supporters who've travelled up from Devon etc... The game against Dulwich Supporters (on their actual pitch after the last game of the season I believe) was another where I was calling around local mates with 5 mins til KO...doh!

As the 'old' CIFC, we had Andy Hunt's brother play (he was quality), then we had Uncle and George Shelvey as Charlton Life FC...who's next?

We've played a number of internationals too...played against Iranian supporters and a team from Moscow...I think Oakster has the pictures...great times :-)
  • Options
    I'm up for this......left mid/wing back for me!! Or up top if needed??
  • Options
    http://www.lashingsallstars.co.uk/

Give this lot a game lol includes Matt Holland and Rob Lee
  • Options

I'd be up for playing but not organising - I've had enough of that....loads of people say they'll turn up only to be left having to borrow a couple of players from the Yeovil supporters who've travelled up from Devon etc... The game against Dulwich Supporters (on their actual pitch after the last game of the season I believe) was another where I was calling around local mates with 5 mins til KO...doh!

As the 'old' CIFC, we had Andy Hunt's brother play (he was quality), then we had Uncle and George Shelvey as Charlton Life FC...who's next?

We've played a number of internationals too...played against Iranian supporters and a team from Moscow...I think Oakster has the pictures...great times :-)

No pictures, but a report....

A 7-1 defeat by the Russians. Fielding a very much under strength
    side CIFC fought bravely in the first half to restrict the Ruskis to
    just 2-0 at half time. A fine effort from Messrs Williams & Peters
    in the middle at the back breaking up swarm after swarm of Russians
    breaking through our midfield. Indeed it was reminiscent of
    Stalingrad in 1942 when the brave Nazi defenders held out against
    the communist counterattacking onslaughts, with suicidal Reds
    swarming day & night across the river Volga. All this after the
    Fatherlands glorious march across the Caucasas as part of Operation
    Barabarossa had come to grinding holt in the backstreets &
    warehouses of Stalingrad.

The second half saw the Red's encircling the CIFC penalty area and
    much like the 1942 fixture in which Generalfeldmarschall Friedrich
    Paulus Sixth army had finally been encircled by revenge hungry
    Russians, the boys in Ecru capitulated. 5 sniper like goals flew
    past the hapless Guyott - with the only comic relief an unlikely
    goal from Matt Owen. Much like Bergkamp's at Newcastle last year was
    this the work of a football genius or an unitentional slice of pure
    luck??? - I'll leave those that were there to judge!! The other
    highlight was a shot on goal from Spinksy, which caused the Russian
    keeper a (very) brief moment of concern.

In the end the maurauding Russians simply overwhelmed us & what
    remained of the dreary, dejected CIFC troops marched off to the icy
    Gulags of the Coldharbour changing rooms - never to be heard of
    again.

CIFC (from):

Feldwebel Guyott A.
    Unteroffizier Meegan A.
    Oberstleutnant Spinks D.
    Sturmscharführer Williams G.J
    Grenadier Peters K.
    Stabsfeldwebel Murfet N.
    Hauptmann Owen M.
    Russian Deserter No. 1
    Russian Deserter No.2
    Obersturmbannführer Prior J
    SS Schütz Bharij R.
    Unteroffizier Armstrong J.
    Leutnant Rose G.
    Obergrenadier Oakey A.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Those Russians were ridiculously skillful, much better than any English team we ever played. @Oakster‌ who was it that you, me and Neil played against for arsenal? Was that the Russians as well?
  • Options
    rina said:

Those Russians were ridiculously skillful, much better than any English team we ever played. @Oakster‌ who was it that you, me and Neil played against for arsenal? Was that the Russians as well?

Yes - same team I think, that one ended up about 15-0 to them. Whatever happened to Mr. Guyott?
  • Options
    I played for the supporters club around 89/90 alongside Steve Dixon (think even airman used to play, but not too sure). I recall one game away (Barnsley or Swindon I think) on a rainy day & the pitch seem to slope away in all directions, meaning having to constantly waiting for the ball to come back.
  • Options

I'm available Dicko ! Steve Dixon has improved with age. Ball playing centre half. Poor mans Miguel Llera.
  • Options
    Will give Johan a text
  • Options
    I want to play
  • Options
    Must have enough for 2 teams by now lol the amount of people who have said yes
  • Options
    I'm up for a few games right back/mid not got a lot of pace but can keep running
  • Options

We formed a team called Charlton VP in the aftermath of the Valley Party campaign in the early nineties. Played in the Woolwich Sunday league for a couple of seasons. One or two were not Addicks, but the vast majority were. Peter F was one of my fellow players.

We were not the greatest of teams! I seem to remember Steve Sutherland turning up to watch us get thrashed, then proceeded to tell us it was all about the angles....
  • Options
    Ill get in touch with the chap in charge of the DHFC supporters team. Might be best to get a potential date down first, then see who is available after that.