Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Athletic Supporters Football team?

1235»

Comments

• Options
    @AFKABartram - guy on the far right of the 2005 pic is my mate Spriggsy - ringer called in to action on the day as we 'had a few drop outs' *ahem* ...he'd never played football before and hasn't really since to my knowledge :-)

@oakster - can't believe you don't remember that game...the pitch felt 'huge'...apparently Prior has been telling a few people that he scored in that game, bu tI really don't remember that..
  • Options

@AFKABartram - guy on the far right of the 2005 pic is my mate Spriggsy - ringer called in to action on the day as we 'had a few drop outs' *ahem* ...he'd never played football before and hasn't really since to my knowledge :-)

@oakster - can't believe you don't remember that game...the pitch felt 'huge'...apparently Prior has been telling a few people that he scored in that game, bu tI really don't remember that..

I just don't recall it at all - we played on the Dulwich Hamlet pitch??

Am going to book flights back for August - a CIFC reunion has to be on the cards!! Must have been 100+ different players over the years...
  • Options
    edited January 2016

Is Nathan still our winger ?

I'll never forget the Charlton Life game at the Meridian, when Nathan turned up expecting to play 20 minutes after KO, with a massive hangover and no boots.

• Options
    Oakster said:

Am going to book flights back for August - a CIFC reunion has to be on the cards!! Must have been 100+ different players over the years...
    Any CIFC reunion would have to be held in our Spiritual home of Ayr! I'll dust off my sheepskin! What a weekend that was.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Oakster said:

fancy forgetting Jeff's only ever goal (not counting the hat trick of own goals he once got)
  • Options
    @oakster - yes, we played on the pitch... Well up for a CIFC reunion.... :-) @Clem_Snide - we'll give the Ayr lads a shout....
  • Options

Oakster said:

Any CIFC reunion would have to be held in our Spiritual home of Ayr! I'll dust off my sheepskin! What a weekend that was.
    Looks like I will have to dust off those West German boots again!!!!!
  • Options

@oakster - yes, we played on the pitch... Well up for a CIFC reunion.... :-) @Clem_Snide - we'll give the Ayr lads a shout....

If any of the Ayr lads are still alive they'll no doubt be in prison! See if the ref is still alive, he loved us! "F**k off you English c**t" was one of his nicer retorts when his impartiality was questioned!
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:

@CAFCTrev didn't you organise a CAFC supporters match vs DHFC at Belair Park in Feb last year? I played left midfield in that match, you were clearly desperate. If you're desperate again I'm in, otherwise will support

You did indeed, we won 4-2 after going a goal down, impressive for a team cobbled together at the last minute!

Here are the Valiants that turned up that cold morning.....

Like the pic. Plenty of trees.

Lester Ford broke my rib with a late one in our penalty box. Look forward to the rematch.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Up for this if anyone can sort it and get the squad together
  • Options
    Why did this thread pop up again? Have to say those later sides look a bit L1 compared to the Prem outfit of olden days! No disrespect chaps x
  • Options

Why did this thread pop up again? Have to say those later sides look a bit L1 compared to the Prem outfit of olden days! No disrespect chaps x

Much like actual Charlton Athletic.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    It's 20th anniversary this year of the old CIFC team - sure all the old guard would still make light work of 90 minutes on the hallowed turf at Coldharbour...
  • Options
    I played for Charlton supporters right through the sixties at one time we hah three teams , used to train at the Valley for a time and players sometime gave us training Brian Kinsey being one.