Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chris Powell on Talksport

Chris Powell is a guest on the Colin Murray show which starts at 10am. Not sure when Chris's interview is.

Comments

• Options
    What time is Roland Duchatelet joining him?
  • Options
    Normally Murray meets section, starts at 11am
  • Options
    Is he going to talk about the gardening or inverted wingers?
  • Options
    Will be on at 11am
  • Options
    Danny Murphy co-presenting today too.
  • Options

Danny Murphy co-presenting today too.

No he's not! Ignore me.
  • Options
    Here we go.
  • Options
    He'll probably spend much of the time talking about Ryan Giggs (they're doing their badges together)
  • Options
    Great interview so far.

£1.5million for Jenkinson.
  • Options
    Blimey Murphy just said it was a great time being at Charlton... didnt he?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    His words in summary:

Charlton was a mess when he first took over with everyone at the club clinging onto the Premier League years. Told the board we needed fresh players who haven't experienced that. Asked for £1m of the Jenkisnon money to do this (He was sold for £1.5m). He spent £900k on three players and ten on free transfers and moved some high earners out.

Danny Murphy says he really enjoyed his time at Charlton. Murphy says Powell didn't get the chance to move the club forward under RD after having to offload his best players.
  • Options
    Listening to it 900k spent in our L1 Championship season, what a man.
  • Options
    Murphy said that Powell will come onto that later... (the getting rid of best players and having a hard time with the board)... glad i am working from home today!
  • Options
    I love him , he sounds choked describing his time under RD ... in hindsight should have questioned RD earlier
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

He said he would reply to all fans letters! Get writing people... i might ask him who would win a fight between a polar bear and a grizzly bear

good question, Polar bear I reckon

• Options

Listening to CP is making me feel very sad that we ve lost him.

Good point this. I'd like to raise it with some of the knuckle dragging morons on here, because we need some clarification.

Obviously we know rule 1) The second another player wears another teams shirt he was an absolutely awful player who was a joke and below par the entire time he was there.

What is the rule with managers? And does this differ when they are employed to when they were unemployed? ie, can we miss him now, but not the second he has another job?
  • Options

I'm such a woose , welling up listening to him

so am I just reading these remarks
  • Options
    you can hear him choke up talking about his sacking and his relationship with the fans. Legend.