Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chris Powell on Talksport

1235»

Comments

• Options
    I think you are rather putting words into AFKA's mouth there, NLA.
  • Options
    Now I would pay to watch that!
  • Options

• Options
    edited April 2014
    He's on match day live at Swansea today.
  • Options
    How many players when he took over, had played in the prem? Barely any.

I think the success of his regime was his astute player acquisitions. But signing free transfers of champ quality, is very expensive in wages. Success in modern football is better assessed by your wage costs. Running 6 to 8 million losses is considerable financial support. I guess when we went up our wage bill was fourth to Huddersfield, and the Sheffies. A great achievement by Powell, but one he should have always had in his sights.
  • Options

Huskaris said:

Sell Jenkinson and get to Championship?!?!

Surely selling Fox now would take us to the top of the Prem by that standard?

He did a lot with what he had and I think he will always be my favourite manager (don't really remember Curbs)

Leave it out , I thought Huskaris was one of the more maturely aged posters round here

how old are you Husky , or just a late starter on Charlton
    Or maybe his memory's been shot by over-indulgence in chemical recreation? God knows I've felt like it at times this season.
    I am 23, but really got into Charlton when I was about 15 (Dad is a Leicester fan, I just started going because friends at school were fans so I went with them and ended up taking them on).

I remember it being the tailend of the seasons. I remember thinking Kishishev was awful but worked harder than anyone, LOVED Hermann Hreidarsson (second favourite player ever after Yann) and loving Rommedahl etc.

Charlton started going downhill just as I started taking an interest in them, but it just made me like them more seeing what it was like on the terraces etc. I still remember getting relegated from the Championship really really well. I would say the League one days were when I really became a full on fan (I think my first season ticket season we got demoted to league one) where I would follow everything to do with them.

Chemical substances may have played a part in the forgetfullness though, granted.
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Huskaris said:

Huskaris said:

He did a lot with what he had and I think he will always be my favourite manager (don't really remember Curbs)

Leave it out , I thought Huskaris was one of the more maturely aged posters round here

Or maybe his memory's been shot by over-indulgence in chemical recreation? God knows I've felt like it at times this season.
    I am 23, but really got into Charlton when I was about 15 (Dad is a Leicester fan, I just started going because friends at school were fans so I went with them and ended up taking them on).

I remember it being the tailend of the seasons. I remember thinking Kishishev was awful but worked harder than anyone, LOVED Hermann Hreidarsson (second favourite player ever after Yann) and loving Rommedahl etc.

Charlton started going downhill just as I started taking an interest in them, but it just made me like them more seeing what it was like on the terraces etc. I still remember getting relegated from the Championship really really well. I would say the League one days were when I really became a full on fan (I think my first season ticket season we got demoted to league one) where I would follow everything to do with them.

Chemical substances may have played a part in the forgetfullness though, granted.

Haha, you think you got it bad...

I started going in the mid 90s with my parents, but lost interest in my early teens when I got involved with bands. I think stopped going in 2001/2. Something roused my interest again when Curbs left, and I went to almost every game from then on until, suddenly and inexplicably, I got the bug to do a degree as a mature student.

I started that in 2011. I've missed everything that's been good for over a decade.

To top it all off, I got to one game in 2011/12: Notts County at home.

• Options
    to be fair, my interest in charlton and football waned for 2-3 years after Scott Parker left, who was my idol growing up and my favourite player (still havent had such an in awe feeling of a player for charlton since). Was too heartbroken to care for a little bit until we had that great start to the season with murphy, smertin and kishishev absolutely bossing the prem for the first couple of months (i know, glory hunter). Then parky's first half season in charge i ignored charlton, thinking that by ignoring it, it wasn't happening.
  • Options
    edited April 2014

Huskaris said:

Huskaris said:

Haha, you think you got it bad...

I started going in the mid 90s with my parents, but lost interest in my early teens when I got involved with bands. I think stopped going in 2001/2. Something roused my interest again when Curbs left, and I went to almost every game from then on until, suddenly and inexplicably, I got the bug to do a degree as a mature student.

I started that in 2011. I've missed everything that's been good for over a decade.

To top it all off, I got to one game in 2011/12: Notts County at home.

To be fair it looks from that photo like your modelling career will only go from strength to strength so its not all doom and gloom ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    From 90 until 2002 cafc was brilliant 2002 - 2006 the club changed dramatically from the one I loved, 2006-present day it became a chore and about only the social, now sometimes I don't even get pissed off we lose
  • Options
    What that has to do with powelly or this thread is neither here nor there
  • Options
    What, you mean you like it when Charlton are in the premier league?
  • Options
    Nah that got well boring after a few yrs I paid for a seat I never sat in and got pissed on the concourse, premier league football is good but it didn't offer the same level of enjoyment on a sat
  • Options
    And the spark never came back fully
  • Options
    Dean Keily on Talksport from about 10.15 this evening.