Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Watford post-match views (Spoiler Alert: We're staying up!) 2014

Comments

• Options
    Thank **** for that, can now sit back and enjoy the last game hoping that "they" go down.

Sometimes, just sometimes, life doesn't suck and it actually feels good to be an addick.
  • Options
    I am not a nice person.

Returned from the match tonight, got the table up and just … gloated. Have you noticed that Barnsley, Birmingham and Doncaster have lost five in the last six? No wonder they’re all in trouble!

• Options
    Fantastic night. At 1-0 up I was as nervy as I can remember being at a game for years. I was fairly confident we'd stay up regardless, but was desperate for a win and something to cheer from a pretty dreadful season.

Once Jackson's goal went in I just knew we were going to do it. SO fitting for him to get that goal too.

I hope that's not the last time I see Diego Poyet play for Charlton. What a player he has the potential to be (and he's already pretty decent)!

One of those great nights where you leave the ground happy and proud of the players, management, and fellow fans.
  • Options
    So flicked up , mental win

When Harriott nudged that wide to open up the space to smash home that first , the roar of relief , noise and ecstasy felt as close to anything we've had since that moment when Shaun Newton smashed the ball home against Ipswich in 1998

JJ and another Harriott rocket proved that us left footed players , just look soooooo much better than you ordinary right footers !!!!!!

The announcer at the end not realising we were safe because Brum hadn't finished and Charlton fans cheering the Brum result that helps the scum proves the freak show is still in town !

Anyway who cares for now , Riga worked his magic

Hopefully we can have a summer of decent recruitment and get ourselves a personality and be he team everyone hates cos we've out wadded them as we mix expensive signings in with our good uns before romping the league

For season 2014/15

0.25% Automatic promotion 1.75% Play-off Bants 30% 7th-12th
    60% 13th-21st 8% The Big "R"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What a game: passion, grit, ups and downs, goals and terrible fouls by a physical bunch but we stuck at it and came through. The Charlton team, family and friends were terrific tonight (even better than the Cardiff night). I am so proud to be an addick!
    It feels so good but I am left with 2 thoughts tonight: the hope that the person having CPR is well; and secondly that Chris Powell knows how important he was in shaping this team and therefore keeping us up.
  • Options
    Don't know how many times I and others have begged for players to be played in their natural positions this season. First time I can remember especially since Riga has been here that we've played a right midfielder in right midfield and a left midfielder in left midfield and it paid off. More of the same next season please!
  • Options
    The best performance at home all season for me, Jacko & Diego can really make us tick in the middle of the park as well as breaking up the play when required. Jordan Cousins looks so much better more central then when out on the right.

Chris Solly with Lawrie Wilson in front of him breeds confidence and Harriot, once he chooses the simple option (like shotting) over step overs can offer us the pace to exploit teams. Morrison & Dervite make a solid defensive pairing and Morgan Fox looks mature for his years/games.

All in all there are genuine reasons for optimism next year provided we can find a goalscorer or two, playing on the best possible pitch and with financial security.

Its been a very difficult season and we have said farewell to a couple of heroes and thankfully a couple of pantomime villians along the way but as I left the Valley tonight with my 8 year old lad would I swap them for anyone else, its in the blood.

My thoughts to the chap in the East Stand and his family tonight.
  • Options
    It was one of those nights where I feel sorry for those who don't follow a football club, even more so armchair supporters whose idea of watching a game is going to the pub. I'm not ashamed to say I let out a few tears and although I'll still wait and see what happens before renewing my season ticket, tonight is what following Charlton is all about. Even more so than those of us with season tickets and who may do a few away games, that was for those at Doncaster, Derby, Brighton, etc.
  • Options
    Echo what others have said re the person in the East Stand , fingers crossed
  • Options
    Not a single network player got on the pitch today, I wonder if Roland has been noted that! Incredible effort put in by everyone, Harriott looked like he was drifting out of the game after his first goal, but his second was even better. Solly and Wilson worked well and is good enough for a Championship LB/LWB pairing as they read eachother very well
  • Options
    Great match, great finishes
    Wilson and Solly on the right side is what I've been telling my mates should be our right flank, the two lads didn't prove me wrong

Fair play to Watford though, the score makes it look comfortable but they certainly didn't turn up wearing their sandals, and Deeney's strike, cor that deserved to be an equalizer
  • Options
    Just got home to Ipswich and a quick glass of red to celebrate.
    A superb party tonight and some top individual performances as well as team effort.
    Solly superb, Fox top drawer, Poyet excellent - knocked off the ball a bit but I thought ref too lenient on Watford's physical stuff at times.
    Four superb goals and the coming of age of Callum Harriot. The lad has balls - he had a point to prove and did it superbly.
    For me, what made my night, other than the win and the staying up, was the Charlton support. Absolutely top drawer and my voice has gone now.
    Proud to be an Addick!
    COYR!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That save by Hamer was unbelievable and it was at 1-0
  • Options
    Entertaining game which we deserved to win. Watford are a horrible little team.

Luckily for us Harriot had no one to pass to for the first goal otherwise he wouldn't have scored, great finish for the third.

I predict an exciting summer ahead for us. Poyet needs to be tied down asap

To the east stander who had a heart attack I wish him all the best and hope he will be back in his seat come August.
  • Options
    Very happy with the result. Great goals from Harriot and Johnnie Jackson. A nicely balanced team and some superb performances from Wilson and Poyet alongside commited performances from the whole team. Excellent noise from the north upper. Great night at the Valley. Very good to end the home season on a high note.

COYRs We are staying up !
  • Options
    http://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/sport/watfordfc/watfordfcnews/11180781.Harriott_double_sinks_ten_man_Watford/

As always the views of away fans are always interesting... a lot want a British manager and more British type players...
  • Options
    get in

made my morning
  • Options
    Quality!!!!!
  • Options
    Didn't follow the game, just decided to wait for the result of the game and the Birmingham game (kick-off was 1:45 am) but was lying awake from about 2:30. Refused to check the score during the game and fortunately didn't wake the missus when I finally saw we had won at about 3:45.

Very happy, pleased for all of you that have followed the team home and away during this difficult season as well as all the players and management.