Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Millwall Watch

Comments

• A good job? Harris is doing a fucking amazing job.

Hardly any money to spend, third lowest gates in the division, and above the likes of Leeds, Norwich, Sheff Weds and Forest.

As mentioned above, now only 8 points off the play offs, and only 6 points behind Middlesbrough who spent 15m on one striker.

he is but didn't want to please the regular lions on here too much, this is coming from a fan base that were chanting we hope you go bankrupt and roland in etc, so fuck em apologies in advance for pulling the lions tail.
  • Hate to worry everyone but could they sneak into playoffs.

8 points behind 6th
    Not lost in the league since jan 1st.
    Sunderland and Hull there next 2 matches

Don't even go there.

Did you read the thread title? This is the relegation watch. If you want promotion watch, go start your own thread!
    Could always change the thread title....I'll get my coat.
  • Cawley just tweeting about the amount of goals Morison and Gregory have got for them.

Oh to have consistent goal scorers like that. Ours get sold.

• edited February 2018
    Harris isn’t the best coach but he knows that you play to your strengths. Millwall don’t try to over elaborate and put in the graft which is what their fans demand. They are overachieving.

Charlton by contrast under Robinson are rigid in style and formation which doesn’t always mean we play to our strengths. Player for player we are underachieving. We often melt under pressure and it often looks like we are not putting in the graft. We are fragile.

I doubt that Millwall will make the playoffs and under Harris I doubt that there is a building block approach to the squad. They live and play a bit hand to mouth and are doing very well on it.
  • Have a run of relatively easy games between now and easter too, including playing 3 of the bottom 4 in their next 3 games.
  • attendance last night 11,007 (1502 of those shef weds), yet 30,000 at wembley, millwall must have the most part time fan base in the world, bit like us in the only attending away matches from now on etc.
  • Hard work beats talent when talent fails to work hard.

We're very good on the counter attack and have the most tight knit squad I've ever seen us have.

In Harris we have a manager that understands the mentality a player needs to have when playing at our place. That has stood him in very good stead and we are seeing the fruits of that very loom.

Fortunately a lot of teams we've faced have had the same mentality/view of us that some on here do. "It's only average old Millwall". That is the beginning of everything coming away at the seams.
  • Funnily enough the Spanners I work with keep predicting they'll slip up and I keep on telling them they'll win against the likes of Brum or the Massives.

They keep telling me that we'll win. Sadly I'm right more often than they are.
  • "Hard work beats talent when talent fails to work hard." This is a great quote and very true. Millwall play to their strengths and have had a very successful season and should finish mid-table easily. Quote sums us up at times - if we only had someone who could get one goal every two games we would piss this league.
  • Charlton play to their coaches strengths atm...

There in lies OUR problem.

No love from me for the Spanners but they are doing ok by doing what they know best. Fair play.
  • Sponsored links:

• Hard work beats talent when talent fails to work hard.

We're very good on the counter attack and have the most tight knit squad I've ever seen us have.

In Harris we have a manager that understands the mentality a player needs to have when playing at our place. That has stood him in very good stead and we are seeing the fruits of that very loom.

Fortunately a lot of teams we've faced have had the same mentality/view of us that some on here do. "It's only average old Millwall". That is the beginning of everything coming away at the seams.

Much like some Charlton sides of times gone by.
    A group of the right players with the right attitude can often outweigh sides bursting with ability and technique, particularly in that league.

We raved when Curbs and Powell done it for us, so well done to Harris, he has done a fine job.
  • attendance last night 11,007 (1502 of those shef weds), yet 30,000 at wembley, millwall must have the most part time fan base in the world, bit like us in the only attending away matches from now on etc.

I'd guess we will have 30,000+ IF we make the PO final.
  • I’m actually not so sure these days. In 98 it was Div 1 against Sunderland and we were on a real crest of a wave, still rolling from the return home.

I fear (esp at today’s insane prices) that it would be a struggle to shift 30k plus. I think we’d mange it in the end, but not easily for div 2 against the glamour (no offence intended) of the likes of Shrewsbury etc.
  • edited March 2018
    Beating Barnsley 2-0
    6 wins in there last 7 now
    No league defeats since Jan 1st

I said it before and I will say it again, they have a great chance of play offs unfortunately.
  • Heck, I've only just noticed how close they are to getting in the play offs. Surely not.
  • Neil Harris is their Chris Powell. Togetherness, a sane owner and a team that is greater than the sum of its parts.

Grudging respect.

• LenGlover said:

Neil Harris is their Chris Powell. Togetherness, a sane owner and a team that is greater than the sum of its parts.

Grudging respect to the team

• LenGlover said:

Neil Harris is their Chris Powell. Togetherness, a sane owner and a team that is greater than the sum of its parts.

Grudging respect.

Never
  • edited March 2018
    Fuck em.

Nah in truth it shows what can be done if you don't have an utter twat of an owner.
  • Bollox to em!
  • Sponsored links:

• They are going to win the playoffs.
  • 8 games left and i think they probably need to win at least 6 of them to have a chance of the play offs.
  • Millwall are now closer to the play offs than we are.
  • They’re up , it’s written in the stars
  • Harris has done an amazing job there will a limited squad - no doubt about it.

Fortunately Boro have found some form under Pulis and will defo finish top six so as long as Derby don’t choke again, the Spanner’s won’t make it
  • Get a room you lot. Anyway, I found 'em first.
  • You're all starting to believe, aren't you?

Don't worry. It's exciting times where you ask yourself if it's okay to dare to dream.

I can't see it but also can't see anyone stopping us at the moment. What a quandary.
  • You're all starting to believe, aren't you?

Don't worry. It's exciting times where you ask yourself if it's okay to dare to dream.

I can't see it but also can't see anyone stopping us at the moment. What a quandary.

Well the nine clubs above you might just have a say. On a great run certainly but 10th is effectively mid table. Don’t get too excited just yet.