Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Millwall Watch

Comments

• Of course we’re envious of their footballing exploits (compared to ours) at this current juncture in our history but let’s be honest it’s been the other way round for the majority of our existences .

“Yeah but we’ve lost in more matches at Wembley than you”

“Come back when you’ve been spanked by a unheard of Hungarian team”
  • Derby v Boro draw and big wins for Preston and Sheff Utd today would be perfect.
  • JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

Forget Millwall. Forget Palace.
    Let’s just worry about ourselves, win matches, and get back to the Premier League.

BACK in the premier league?? Like that’s your place or something? Seriously mate, you had a good run in the late 90’s,early 00’s(?) but other than that your not really classed as one of the ‘big guns’ by the rest of the footballing world. Far from it. Neither are we! But at least we know that!

Sorry, but big guns from the mid 30s through to 1957. Unbroken period in the top flight, often at the higer end of it. Ok, the war didn’t help, but Charlton fans have every right to feel proud of the club’s achievements. Not knocking what you’re achieving either. You’re doing great with limited resources. Good luck to you. As my Charlton friends on here know, I’ve had close ties with Millwall.
    Different era totally. Back in those days we was getting over 30k on a regular basis. No disrespect mate but Charlton wouldn’t be seen as a big club by most of the football world these days or even a ‘sleeping giant ‘.
    But don’t worry about it!! F*** what other fans think!!’ That’s a palace thing. Obsessed about what other fans think of their noise, displays etc
    F*+^ em
    I know what you're saying, and I'm sure you mean well ;-), but the history of the club is the history of the club. Yes, of course many young people don't care, and look at a recent snapshot, but even so, I was on holiday recently and met some spanish people, all of whom remembered our (relatively recent) Premier League adventures, and they could name some of our players from that era.

It's all part of what makes a club what it is.
  • JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

Forget Millwall. Forget Palace.
    Let’s just worry about ourselves, win matches, and get back to the Premier League.

BACK in the premier league?? Like that’s your place or something? Seriously mate, you had a good run in the late 90’s,early 00’s(?) but other than that your not really classed as one of the ‘big guns’ by the rest of the footballing world. Far from it. Neither are we! But at least we know that!

Sorry, but big guns from the mid 30s through to 1957. Unbroken period in the top flight, often at the higer end of it. Ok, the war didn’t help, but Charlton fans have every right to feel proud of the club’s achievements. Not knocking what you’re achieving either. You’re doing great with limited resources. Good luck to you. As my Charlton friends on here know, I’ve had close ties with Millwall.
    Different era totally. Back in those days we was getting over 30k on a regular basis. No disrespect mate but Charlton wouldn’t be seen as a big club by most of the football world these days or even a ‘sleeping giant ‘.
    But don’t worry about it!! F*** what other fans think!!’ That’s a palace thing. Obsessed about what other fans think of their noise, displays etc
    F*+^ em
    I know what you're saying, and I'm sure you mean well ;-), but the history of the club is the history of the club. Yes, of course many young people don't care, and look at a recent snapshot, but even so, I was on holiday recently and met some spanish people, all of whom remembered our (relatively recent) Premier League adventures, and they could name some of our players from that era.

It's all part of what makes a club what it is.
    True
  • Careful MillwallFan. The last time a side from SE London had a club legend at the top and made a charge for the playoffs they were bought by a Belgian six months later.
  • Only the snowflakes mate you managed to rile ,
  • Gotta day Fulham looked an absolute class side last night at that level, first time I’d really watched them
  • Morning all. A vague recollection of posting on here last night. Hopefully wasn’t too out of order. I was in a fairly jovial mood despite watching my team get its arse spanked in the second half last night. What a team Fulham are! Would easily hold their own in the premier league next season if they go up.

They were unplayable second half and deffo would not look out of place in the premier league .
    How mad is it that they won’t even make the top 2 , Cardiff 2 points behind but with 4 games left and Fulham only have 2 left
  • Uboat said:

Shat on at home and still turns up on a rival club's site under the mistaken impression that anyone could ever be envious of Millwall.

You would love to be use at the moment

A. We’re in the top 6 in the championship
    B. Our ground has an atmosphere (a ****** amazing one at that!)
    C. Our fans actually PAY to come and watch us because they WANT to! (My mate took a load of his sons team to Charlton recently because they got free tickets, but they all left at halftime because they was bored :smiley::smiley::smiley: )
    D. We have a club legend managing us and doing a superb job
    E. We have an owner who has the clubs best interest at heart
    F. I could actually go on. You are envious of us. You may not admit it, even to yourself, but you are :wink:

Can you tell me why the bottom tier of the away stand was empty tonight for a local derby against another top 6 side who haven't lost for 21 games. Surely its not because Fulham couldn't sell the tickets was it ???

I genuinely would like to know.
    No problem at all. I can clarify this for you. The last time we gave the bottom tier to the away team (that would be Charlton) they caused a lot of problems, ripped seats out, threw them in the pitch, threw flares on the pitch, and made a half arsed attempt at charging the home stand. That’s why we now leave that area clear

Nothing to do with the 500 or so to the left very eager to hot foot it on the pitch then(should Fulham have had the bottom tier).
    Erm, that as well

• Sponsored links:

• 1StevieG said:

Uboat said:

Shat on at home and still turns up on a rival club's site under the mistaken impression that anyone could ever be envious of Millwall.

You would love to be use at the moment

A. We’re in the top 6 in the championship
    B. Our ground has an atmosphere (a ****** amazing one at that!)
    C. Our fans actually PAY to come and watch us because they WANT to! (My mate took a load of his sons team to Charlton recently because they got free tickets, but they all left at halftime because they was bored :smiley::smiley::smiley: )
    D. We have a club legend managing us and doing a superb job
    E. We have an owner who has the clubs best interest at heart
    F. I could actually go on. You are envious of us. You may not admit it, even to yourself, but you are :wink:

Can you tell me why the bottom tier of the away stand was empty tonight for a local derby against another top 6 side who haven't lost for 21 games. Surely its not because Fulham couldn't sell the tickets was it ???

I genuinely would like to know.
    No problem at all. I can clarify this for you. The last time we gave the bottom tier to the away team (that would be Charlton) they caused a lot of problems, ripped seats out, threw them in the pitch, threw flares on the pitch, and made a half arsed attempt at charging the home stand. That’s why we now leave that area clear

Were you playing Charlton last night ?
    Why didn’t they close the top tier as well because that where seats were ripped out and the flare thrown from .

The cunt filter failed and some have slipped through the net in to our support but let’s be honest it’s Cos your helmets can’t be trusted

Exhibit A your honour

I would go ape shit seeing Selhurst on the advertising boards...
    It hurts. Not gonna lie.

• robroy said:

Surely all teams give out free tickets to local schools, footy teams etc to try and attract the fans of tomorrow? 300 tickets won’t fill a 27,000 seater stadium.

The simple thing is, I won’t be on the Millwall forums if we get dicked on today. You will be waking up this morning with a hangover thinking “Was I a bit of a c*nt to those Charlton fans last night?”

Luckily for you, your rock hard knuckle dragging ‘Wall mates won’t know what you did last night, But we will

Heard from a well informed source that you give out thousands as opposed to hundreds
  • Morning all. A vague recollection of posting on here last night. Hopefully wasn’t too out of order. I was in a fairly jovial mood despite watching my team get its arse spanked in the second half last night. What a team Fulham are! Would easily hold their own in the premier league next season if they go up.

No, of course not out of order. Fulham are very good so no disgrace (apart from Cahill!!).

Sorry to hear about your in-laws.
  • Yeah Cahill was certainly lucky to stay on after that elbow, possible retrospective ban ?, I guess depends whether the ref says he saw it
  • Yeah Cahill was certainly lucky to stay on after that elbow, possible retrospective ban ?, I guess depends whether the ref says he saw it

The ref indicated he was playing advantage so clearly saw an infringement. Cahill will likely get away with it.
  • Valley11 said:

Genuinely now...I’m not envious of Millwall. There’s something so unpleasant about that club that I could never be envious, whatever league they’re in or however well they’re doing.
    Millwall Fan seems like a good bloke though.

I know where you’re coming from mate. Palace could be playing in the champions league and Millwall in the conference, I’d still rather watch Millwall v Torquay than palace v Barcelona surrounded by those f****** idiots.

And if you dig past the rough veneer we’re not actually that bad a club. There’s an awful lot the club do for the local community. But I’m not to fussed what people think about us tbh. I know what we’re about, even if most (rivals) don’t.

Oh, and thanks lol
  • Valley11 said:

Genuinely now...I’m not envious of Millwall. There’s something so unpleasant about that club that I could never be envious, whatever league they’re in or however well they’re doing.

I know where you’re coming from mate. Palace could be playing in the champions league and Millwall in the conference, I’d still rather watch Millwall v Torquay than palace v Barcelona surrounded by those f****** idiots.

And if you dig past the rough veneer we’re not actually that bad a club. There’s an awful lot the club do for the local community. But I’m not to fussed what people think about us tbh. I know what we’re about, even if most (rivals) don’t.

Oh, and thanks lol
    We do certainly share a loathing of those stripey cu*ts - my enemy's, enemy and all that (but I won't go as far as to finish the saying!!).

They were unplayable second half and deffo would not look out of place in the premier league .
    How mad is it that they won’t even make the top 2 , Cardiff 2 points behind but with 4 games left and Fulham only have 2 left
    100%. They should’ve pissed that league but didn’t really come to life until the second half of the season for some reason.
    We had the better chances in the first half but even then they had periods when they played it around lovely, little triangles and that. Reminded me of Swansea at ours the season they went up. Great footballing sides.
  • bobmunro said:

Morning all. A vague recollection of posting on here last night. Hopefully wasn’t too out of order. I was in a fairly jovial mood despite watching my team get its arse spanked in the second half last night. What a team Fulham are! Would easily hold their own in the premier league next season if they go up.

No, of course not out of order. Fulham are very good so no disgrace (apart from Cahill!!).

Cheers mate

Valley11 said:

Oh, and thanks lol
    Do you feel a song coming on MillwallFan?
    I only sing one song, Mmmmmmmmiiiii. That’s it. Any more than one sillyball and I struggle :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

Ha! I think there's a pattern emerging here. It's funny how morning and evening posts differ on here.
  • Uboat said:

Morning all. A vague recollection of posting on here last night. Hopefully wasn’t too out of order. I was in a fairly jovial mood despite watching my team get its arse spanked in the second half last night. What a team Fulham are! Would easily hold their own in the premier league next season if they go up.

Ha! I think there's a pattern emerging here. It's funny how morning and evening posts differ on here.
    Reading back I don’t think I was too out of order :smile: (I’ve been worse when sober!!)

• Uboat said:

Reading back I don’t think I was too out of order :smile: (I’ve been worse when sober!!)

No, I agree. It was more the 'sorry about yesterday' tone of the first post of the morning.
  • bobmunro said:

Cheers mate

Valley11 said:

Oh, and thanks lol
    Do you feel a song coming on MillwallFan?
    I only sing one song, Mmmmmmmmiiiii. That’s it. Any more than one sillyball and I struggle :wink:
    The very definition of a 'wall fan :wink:

100%. They should’ve pissed that league but didn’t really come to life until the second half of the season for some reason.
    We had the better chances in the first half but even then they had periods when they played it around lovely, little triangles and that. Reminded me of Swansea at ours the season they went up. Great footballing sides.
    If they'd started the season well then they'd possibly have got a record points tally. Won only 4 of their first 17 league games though.
  • Took Harris 17 games to realise that the other team couldn't score if you knock the ball 80 feet into the air.
  • HAHAHHAAHAHAH

But you’d swap place with us in a heartbeat wouldn’t you. How does that feel? :wink::smiley:

Why would I want to swap places
    The Valley is better then the Toolbox
    Because then you wouldn't have to make up stories about people fighting in the pub, purely for attention.

Still 6th I see :smiley:
  • robroy said:

The simple thing is, I won’t be on the Millwall forums if we get dicked on today. You will be waking up this morning with a hangover thinking “Was I a bit of a c*nt to those Charlton fans last night?”

There's not a 114 page thread dedicated to a really small teams progress. A team that the vast majority claim to not care about.

Strange bloke.

• edited April 2018
    Surprised nobody mentioned this tonight but get in there Derby
  • HAHAHHAAHAHAH

But you’d swap place with us in a heartbeat wouldn’t you. How does that feel? :wink::smiley:

Why would I want to swap places
    The Valley is better then the Toolbox
    Because then you wouldn't have to make up stories about people fighting in the pub, purely for attention.

Still 6th I see :smiley:
    We were actually 5th we your wrote that and we still are