Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Millwall Watch

Comments

• edited April 2018

Out of interest BBW, what is Millwalls debt? and how much would Berylson be bunging into the club ever year?

Genuinely haven't got a clue. Any investment is usually by way of a share issue. I also don't pay much attention to our accounts, to be honest.
    Just enjoy the moment mate.
    You have had a great season whatever happens next.
    Keep posting and have a good summer
    Cheers, fella.

Not really much else to enjoy now other than the season overall (not that that's a bad thing). Can't see us making the playoffs with the games we've got left so am now hoping that we keep the same group of players and add one or two new faces that buy in to the ethos and spirit that Harris has instilled in the current squad.

Exciting times for you as well. Could be a few good fixtures next season if you have a successful day out at Wembley.
  • A mate of mine drew my attention to a thread on north stand banter about us.

Yes Millwall who dont care about us have a thread dedicated to us.

Anyway someone on there Moody really doesnt like us (dunno if its 1 of the spanners on here)

Here are a few posts from last couple of pages

Post 1-Let's compare Neil Harris and Lee Bowyer for a moment.

Harris has to fight to break into professional football, holding down a job in the real world whilst playing non-league football. Doing the commute, then having go training or travel to an away match at some far flung corner of East Anglia. When he got his chance as a pro he grabbed it and won the Golden Boot with the goals that helped Millwall become Champions of League One. However, he was tragically struck down by cancer that summer. He beat it. Got fit. Helped Millwall reach the FA Cup final and Europe. He then came back to the club, beat Teddy Sheringham's Millwall goal scoring record & helped Millwall win promotion back to the Championship. Then, 3 years ago he took over as manager and set about rebuilding a club brought to it's knees by the biggest clown in English football. He nearly saved us from relegation. He did get us to a Play-Off final in his first full season and then bounced back from that crushing defeat to take us the following season (ask Reading and Bradford City how hard is to do). Now we sit one point of the Championship Play-Off places and boast one of the best home records in the country. Oh, and he also masterminded 3 wins against Premier League teams as a third tier outfit to lead us to the QFs.

Bowyer, meanwhile has been spoilt since an early age, having been signed as a school boy by Charlton. Pampered and privileged he almost wasted his talent by getting caught abusing drugs whilst with England U18s. And while Harris was trying to fit training and games around his job, Bowyer was convicted of affray and fined £4,500 following an incident in a McDonald's restaurant in London in which CCTV footage showed Bowyer throwing chairs and racially abusing a staff member of Asian origin.

He has only played 46 games for Charlton and jumped ship at the first opporunity. Probably only ended at Charlton as they were only club to overlook his dubious reputation. Has so far managed to win 3 and draw one game in the weakest League One in many years.

But, yes - I can see why they think he may be their 'Neil Harris'.

Post 2-True. It is pretty impressive that a club as poorly run as Charlton Athletic can go to the mecca of Shropshire football and really take it to the Shrews & win - albeit against a woefully out of form Shrewsbury Town side.

They may even have a chance of edging out crack Lincolnshire outfit Scunthorpe United, the pride of Cambridgeshire Peterborough United and Devon giants Plymouth Argyle in the race for the Play-Offs now. Dare to dream and all that. I fear that South Yorkshire titans Rotherham United are too good and too far ahead of them to catch however.

Post 3-They are struggling to sell their allocation for Portsmouth away!!!

Millwall regularly average 10-12% of their home support on the road every season, even with the members only, all-ticket restrictions.

Charlton are one of the worst in the entire FL, averaging 4-7% most seasons.

It must be quite depressing supporting them. Do they ever enjoy some of the things most football fans (from Man City to Mansfield) get to experience - cup runs, big away turn outs, partisan home atmosphere in big games, derby wins or trips to Wembley? Seems not.

Crikey, they actually won an important away game for once - and very nearly in front of a sell-out away allocation. Be fair tho - Portsmouth is miles away init.

Post 4- Like I have said before; it's a beautiful win / win with Charlton at the moment in their current state. Either they miss out on play-offs (which would be a massive collapse) or they get into them & choke (most likely); or they actually go up and give us at least 4 points and lot's of fun of being beaten most weeks (especially if sale doesn't go through).

Some of them smirking at us getting beat by the best Championship level side I've seen since Swansea City went up - blimey, if they played that Fulham side next week they would be destroyed about 6/7 nil.

Post 5- Apparently, this is quality away support. How tame? Seen us go more mental at Reading away for a nothing match...

https://twitter.com/statuses/988100619927019520
  • I doubt if I will lose much sleep over that. Just shows that glue sniffing is still a habit in those parts.
  • A mate of mine drew my attention to a thread on north stand banter about us.

Anyway someone on there Moody really doesnt like us (dunno if its 1 of the spanners on here)

Harris has to fight to break into professional football, holding down a job in the real world whilst playing non-league football. Doing the commute, then having go training or travel to an away match at some far flung corner of East Anglia. When he got his chance as a pro he grabbed it and won the Golden Boot with the goals that helped Millwall become Champions of League One. However, he was tragically struck down by cancer that summer. He beat it. Got fit. Helped Millwall reach the FA Cup final and Europe. He then came back to the club, beat Teddy Sheringham's Millwall goal scoring record & helped Millwall win promotion back to the Championship. Then, 3 years ago he took over as manager and set about rebuilding a club brought to it's knees by the biggest clown in English football. He nearly saved us from relegation. He did get us to a Play-Off final in his first full season and then bounced back from that crushing defeat to take us the following season (ask Reading and Bradford City how hard is to do). Now we sit one point of the Championship Play-Off places and boast one of the best home records in the country. Oh, and he also masterminded 3 wins against Premier League teams as a third tier outfit to lead us to the QFs.

Bowyer, meanwhile has been spoilt since an early age, having been signed as a school boy by Charlton. Pampered and privileged he almost wasted his talent by getting caught abusing drugs whilst with England U18s. And while Harris was trying to fit training and games around his job, Bowyer was convicted of affray and fined £4,500 following an incident in a McDonald's restaurant in London in which CCTV footage showed Bowyer throwing chairs and racially abusing a staff member of Asian origin.

He has only played 46 games for Charlton and jumped ship at the first opporunity. Probably only ended at Charlton as they were only club to overlook his dubious reputation. Has so far managed to win 3 and draw one game in the weakest League One in many years.

Post 2-True. It is pretty impressive that a club as poorly run as Charlton Athletic can go to the mecca of Shropshire football and really take it to the Shrews & win - albeit against a woefully out of form Shrewsbury Town side.

They may even have a chance of edging out crack Lincolnshire outfit Scunthorpe United, the pride of Cambridgeshire Peterborough United and Devon giants Plymouth Argyle in the race for the Play-Offs now. Dare to dream and all that. I fear that South Yorkshire titans Rotherham United are too good and too far ahead of them to catch however.

Millwall regularly average 10-12% of their home support on the road every season, even with the members only, all-ticket restrictions.

It must be quite depressing supporting them. Do they ever enjoy some of the things most football fans (from Man City to Mansfield) get to experience - cup runs, big away turn outs, partisan home atmosphere in big games, derby wins or trips to Wembley? Seems not.

Crikey, they actually won an important away game for once - and very nearly in front of a sell-out away allocation. Be fair tho - Portsmouth is miles away init.

Post 4- Like I have said before; it's a beautiful win / win with Charlton at the moment in their current state. Either they miss out on play-offs (which would be a massive collapse) or they get into them & choke (most likely); or they actually go up and give us at least 4 points and lot's of fun of being beaten most weeks (especially if sale doesn't go through).

Some of them smirking at us getting beat by the best Championship level side I've seen since Swansea City went up - blimey, if they played that Fulham side next week they would be destroyed about 6/7 nil.

Post 5- Apparently, this is quality away support. How tame? Seen us go more mental at Reading away for a nothing match...

Some of that is pretty accurate to be fair. But we still win because he’s Millwall.
    I really couldn’t give two shits about them or Palace. I’m a Charlton fan and proud of it.
  • Post 1 - irrelevant nonsense
    Post 2 - fairly true, we're competing with sides in a division we shouldn't be in
    Post 3 - again true, it's no secret our % of home fans that go away is amongst the lowest in the league
    Post 4 - not necessarily true. If we get taken over, we'll be on the up, whereas they will be very hard pushed to have anything like the season they've just had.
    Post 5 - haven't they played at Portsmouth in recent years? Not sure any Pompey fans called their support 'probably the best away support we've had down here'
  • Valley11 said:

A mate of mine drew my attention to a thread on north stand banter about us.

Some of that is pretty accurate to be fair. But we still win because he’s Millwall.
    I really couldn’t give two shits about them or Palace. I’m a Charlton fan and proud of it.
    Couldn't give a flying F about anyone other than us.
  • 1-0 Boro
    Currently spanners down to 8th
  • Paulie, it really doesn’t matter.
  • bobmunro said:

Paulie, it really doesn’t matter.

Ok Bob
  • bobmunro said:

Exactly. Today is about us not them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Fuck millwall.
    If Scunthorpe beat Plymouth Tuesday we are in the playoffs
  • Still, nice little bonus if they lose.
  • Charlton win
    Glass of red
    Curry
    Smallwall losing on the box

Happy Saturday
  • That Moody bloke is absolutely obsessed with us. Even his own lot seem to think he has a problem. Own up - who bullied him at school?
  • Haha lovely.
  • edited April 2018

Fuck millwall.

No we're not... If Plymouth lose 1-0 on Tuesday yet win 4-0 on Saturday

We then have to ensure we dont lose by two goals to Rochdale else we're out of the Play-Offs
  • Nice easy win for Boro keeps everyone happy
  • Change the title back to relegation please.
  • The nightmare scenario of having Palace AND Millwall in the PL is at least averted now (unless something extraordinary happens next Sunday)
  • Just backed them at 5/1(Sky bet) to teach the play-offs, if that doesn't f**k them up then nothing will.

Have done the same, Twenty quid at 5/1. That'll learn 'em.
    Well worth the Twenty quid.
  • Sponsored links:

• And Breathe
  • The nightmare scenario of having Palace AND Millwall in the PL is at least averted now (unless something extraordinary happens next Sunday)

Firstly, they have to beat Villa
    Derby have to lose at home to Barnsley
    Preston have to lose or draw at home to Burton Albion

9 goal swing required on derby as well, even if the results go their way, the GD will do for them
  • edited April 2018
    bobmunro said:

Its possible to give a shit about both things. The Millwall game kicked off at 5.30...
  • Fuck millwall.

No we're not... If Plymouth lose 1-0 on Tuesday yet win 4-0 on Saturday

We then have to ensure we dont lose by two goals to Rochdale else we're out of the Play-Offs
    That senario would easily cement itself within the top 10 things that could make a man projectile vomit
  • Watched the Championship this morning. Most enjoyable.
  • Blimey that wordy Spanner. I always thought prison education was pointless but fair play.
  • 5/1 to win the play-offs?

Just had some of that. Don't let me down.

Very nice of you of course BBW but did you factor in the famous CAFC bottle it divisor?
  • DA9 said:

The nightmare scenario of having Palace AND Millwall in the PL is at least averted now (unless something extraordinary happens next Sunday)

Firstly, they have to beat Villa
    Derby have to lose at home to Barnsley
    Preston have to lose or draw at home to Burton Albion

9 goal swing required on derby as well, even if the results go their way, the GD will do for them
    The dream is still alive. With Morison & Gregory and a Villa team full of kids we should stuff 'em 11-0 at least.