Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Millwall Watch

Comments

• clubs best ever finish 8th in the championship next stop challenging man city for the title with super Neil Harris.

We’ve finished top of this league. Our highest ever finish is 10th in the top flight.
    1988 worse than a liverpool fan
  • Unfortunately i can see them around the play offs again this season, more likely than relegation worries. Close thread for a season please, re-open it when they get bashed in the playoffs.

12-16th i reckon, which still isn't bad going.
  • Just Turned down a £6 million for Saville from boro.

Fuck sake, can we sink this thread?
  • clubs best ever finish 8th in the championship next stop challenging man city for the title with super Neil Harris.

We’ve finished top of this league. Our highest ever finish is 10th in the top flight.
    The following season was quite as successful though if i remember correctly! We didn’t do too much better though tbf :-)
  • Greenie said:

Just Turned down a £6 million for Saville from boro.

i do find it bizarre that you post millwalls transfer dealings on a charlton forum - you call us trainspotters and sad cases yet i have never ventured onto a millwall forum.
    Er...its on the Millwall watch thread, why not post it?
    Anyway IMO, MF, Sparrows, and BBW are welcome to post on here because they know big words like, hat, dog and...and...er..thats it really!
    its millwall watch as in bad things, relegations and such not them turning down 6 mill for a player when we cant afford a bowl of porridge and some juice for the academy players
  • It’s not a coincidence that Millwall are doing ok. They have a sensible owner that cares and pays the bills and covers costs but isn’t prepared to throw silly money around.

They have a manager in Harris that the fans can relate to and respect. A manager who recognises Millwalls limitations and therefore plays to their strengths. A team mentality to give 100% because they know the fans demand that. A competent CEO with a wealth of experience.

A club that feels like it has all parts pulling in the same direction.

Compare and contrast analysis with Charlton is just frightening.

• edited August 2018

Greenie said:

i do find it bizarre that you post millwalls transfer dealings on a charlton forum - you call us trainspotters and sad cases yet i have never ventured onto a millwall forum.
    Er...its on the Millwall watch thread, why not post it?
    Anyway IMO, MF, Sparrows, and BBW are welcome to post on here because they know big words like, hat, dog and...and...er..thats it really!
    its millwall watch as in bad things, relegations and such not them turning down 6 mill for a player when we cant afford a bowl of porridge and some juice for the academy players
    Oh then I'm sorry. I didn't know. I wont do it again.

You used the word ever...

What can I say, it’s an interesting board and there’s quite often some really long threads analysing my team and club on here.

• Sponsored links:

Exactly! I think ‘ever’ goes back a bit further than 1988 :smiley:

apologies, the highest millwall finish for 30 years and they are getting ready for life in the premiership.

they also have a 21 year unbeaten run against us, despite not playing us as we were in the premier league they still count it - even though they do not care about us - and "laugh" at charlton fans.

what would be quite funny is come march and they were languishing near the relegation zone see how they treat sir neil then.

genuine question if you got relegated this season - would you still keep Harris on?.
  • It’s not a coincidence that Millwall are doing ok. They have a sensible owner that cares and pays the bills and covers costs but isn’t prepared to throw silly money around.

They have a manager in Harris that the fans can relate to and respect. A manager who recognises Millwalls limitations and therefore plays to their strengths. A team mentality to give 100% because they know the fans demand that. A competent CEO with a wealth of experience.

we had similar with powell - cheers roland you prick

Even Im old enough to remember Millwall in the top flight. Very late 80s, probably went down the same year as us in 1990?

Think he was correcting someone rather than trying to boast about it?

Ours is second. At the beginning of two decades in the top flight.
  • edited August 2018

clubs best ever finish 8th in the championship next stop challenging man city for the title with super Neil Harris.

genuine question if you got relegated this season - would you still keep Harris on?.
    Yes. 100%

I removed the rest of the post as it was guffness at its best :wink:

To be fair, Bowyer is very much a step in the right direction, compared to what we've had to put up with recently.
  • Scum finished 4th in the second tier in 2002 , how can anyone forget this most beautiful of footballing moments

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfFa8JIaIEw
  • Sponsored links:

• JamesSeed said:

It’s not a coincidence that Millwall are doing ok. They have a sensible owner that cares and pays the bills and covers costs but isn’t prepared to throw silly money around.

To be fair, Bowyer is very much a step in the right direction, compared to what we've had to put up with recently.
    definately - i never rated robinson - said all the right things, but really with that squad should of done a lot better - i cannot see him sticking around in 33 mins we complete yet another dreadful transfer window with bodies leaving and no replacements, we also have one of our better players out for the season and may not return at the same level. i would not blame lee for leaving/walking away what concerns me is who the fuck do we get in to replace him?.

Seems it was £6m for Saville AND Wallace according to Sky ;)

Seems it was £6m for Saville AND Wallace according to Sky ;)
    My mistake. Has since gone up to 5 million JUST for Saville. Turned down

Yes. 100%

I removed the rest of the post as it was guffness at its best :wink:
    What he said
  • edited August 2018

clubs best ever finish 8th in the championship next stop challenging man city for the title with super Neil Harris.

apologies, the highest millwall finish for 30 years and they are getting ready for life in the premiership.

they also have a 21 year unbeaten run against us, despite not playing us as we were in the premier league they still count it - even though they do not care about us - and "laugh" at charlton fans.

what would be quite funny is come march and they were languishing near the relegation zone see how they treat sir neil then.

Not ‘getting ready for life in the premiership’. Getting the ground ready just in case we do get there.

We’ve played you ten times in the last 21 years. Record reads W5 D5 L0

I’m pretty sure that would be classed as an unbeaten run.

Here to help
  • JamesSeed said:

It’s not a coincidence that Millwall are doing ok. They have a sensible owner that cares and pays the bills and covers costs but isn’t prepared to throw silly money around.

definately - i never rated robinson - said all the right things, but really with that squad should of done a lot better - i cannot see him sticking around in 33 mins we complete yet another dreadful transfer window with bodies leaving and no replacements, we also have one of our better players out for the season and may not return at the same level. i would not blame lee for leaving/walking away what concerns me is who the fuck do we get in to replace him?.

JamesSeed said:

He won’t walk away.

Hate to buck the trend, but our first choice side is better than last season. Let’s see who these loan players are, and how they settle in.

It’s obviously injuries and lack of depth that’ll catch us out though.
  • JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

He won’t walk away.

Hate to buck the trend, but our first choice side is better than last season. Let’s see who these loan players are, and how they settle in.

Really

Amos better than Phillips
    Solly same
    BFG same
    Pearce same
    JDS better than Page

Thats just the back 5
    Add to that losing Konsa and Kashi and replacing with no one

You cant say our 1st team squad is better when we have brought 2 players
  • JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

JamesSeed said:

He won’t walk away.

Really

Amos better than Phillips
    Solly same
    BFG same
    Pearce same
    JDS better than Page

Thats just the back 5
    Add to that losing Konsa and Kashi and replacing with no one

You cant say our 1st team squad is better when we have brought 2 players
    You can’t win matches unless you score goals. Taylor for Josh is a big step up. Karlan looks sharp and his pace can cause havoc, as it did against Sunderland.
    Page can be a better bet than JDS because of his size. Quite a few agreed on the players marks thread. So back four fine, although not sure about LB cover.
    Pratley might be what we needed in midfield, defensively. Lapslie has a lot of energy, and is really improved. JFK is a blow. Clarke will help. This Leeds fella may help too, if it’s him.
    Will miss Konsa and Kashi agreed.