Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Millwall Watch

Comments

• a point at home to one of the better championship sides - nothing to laugh about although - we are insignificant to them and they don't care about us.

something we can only dream of at this stage.
  • Millwall to submit plans for redevelopment of ground.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45044398
  • clive said:

Millwall to submit plans for redevelopment of ground.

Haha
    The headline is the funniest thing I have heard

Millwall to submit plans for redevelopment of The Den to be fit for Premier League football
  • clive said:

Haha

Millwall to submit plans for redevelopment of The Den to be fit for Premier League football
    What is going to happen to all the people in their homes?
    I thought the spanners played at the rusty tool box (the new den)
  • Stranger things have happened people. Stranger things have happened.
  • i Don't think they will get to premier league anytime soon and it would be classic counting of chickens, because of repuatation i could never see millwall getting a premier league crowd, the area surrounding the den is not the most appealing and a lot of the millwall fans i know would not want the hype that comes with being premier league. its the money also - may seem weird but i actually respect what they have done they have a v cheap sqaud compared to a lot of the other championship clubs and neil harris has done a fantastic job - of course there fans are a different story.

also werent they crying last year because of being evicted by lewisham council?
  • clive said:

Haha

They're a lot closer than we are!! At a time when our club is finding ever more creative ways to hit rock bottom I find it amazing that some people are still obsessed with Millwall and spend time attempting to belittle them. I don't like the club or their fans particularly (although have met individuals who are fine) but I accept that they are currently faring much better than we are, as are Palace, so I think we probably need to focus on our own problems. As a Millwall fan I would find comments like yours hilarious.
  • drewman said:

clive said:

Haha

They're a lot closer than we are!! At a time when our club is finding ever more creative ways to hit rock bottom I find it amazing that some people are still obsessed with Millwall and spend time attempting to belittle them. I don't like the club or their fans particularly (although have met individuals who are fine) but I accept that they are currently faring much better than we are, as are Palace, so I think we probably need to focus on our own problems. As a Millwall fan I would find comments like yours hilarious.
    I am not obssesed and why would they find comments like mine hillarious.

All I said is that they are trying to get there ground fit for the premier league made me laugh, as personally I dont think they are anywhere near promotion and odd of 12/1 and being 6/1 for relegation bookies tend to agree,

I dont think they will be relegated around 11/12 i reckon.

I just thought the headline that they are planning for the premier league was funny considering I think they are still someway away from that
  • clive said:

Haha

Do you get audible headlines?

• Sponsored links:

• So how about that 2-0 lead they let slip at the weekend then???? La la la stadium renovations can't hear you la la la
  • drewman said:

clive said:

Haha

in fairness Wimbledon and gills are closer than we are
  • clive said:

Haha

Do you get audible headlines?

Maybe he reads out loud!
  • drewman said:

clive said:

Haha

All I said is that they are trying to get there ground fit for the premier league made me laugh, as personally I dont think they are anywhere near promotion and odd of 12/1 and being 6/1 for relegation bookies tend to agree,

I just thought the headline that they are planning for the premier league was funny considering I think they are still someway away from that
    I’m a Millwall fan and I found your comment quite funny. I mean, we finished two places outside the play off places last season. Why would having half an eye on the premier league sound so daft?

As it happens I don’t think we’ll be in the PL anytime soon and the club aren’t saying they’re expecting to be. Just that they’re getting the ground ready in case of that eventuality. Which probably won’t happen but could happen. I’ll repeat, we finished two places outside the play offs last season.
  • drewman said:

clive said:

Haha

I’m a Millwall fan and I found your comment quite funny. I mean, we finished two places outside the play off places last season. Why would having half an eye on the premier league sound so daft?

As it happens I don’t think we’ll be in the PL anytime soon and the club aren’t saying they’re expecting to be. Just that they’re getting the ground ready in case of that eventuality. Which probably won’t happen but could happen. I’ll repeat, we finished two places outside the play offs last season.
    We finished 9th and 3 point of playoffs in our 1st season back in championship.

Following season we finished 18th, last season means nothing
  • drewman said:

clive said:

Haha

na. never. really?
  • edited August 2018
    What is a premier league ground? Bournemouth or Watford or Leyton Orient. I think It’s the club and their fans that are premier league and not the size/facilities. I thought I heard that it’s the tv money that pays the way and not the pound going through the turnstiles. If a team has earned promotion into the pounds are us league then smaller clubs add an additional flavour (even if it taste of shit Millwall). :wink:
  • drewman said:

clive said:

Haha

as much as it pains me to say you're right. I don't know if your squad has changed that much but I read a piece by Harris the other day in the sub standard and he suggested not a lot of player changes have happened over the summer. If an additional couple of half decent players can be found (you might have already found them) then I don't see why you cant look up to the premier league. you have to be ambitious otherwise what's the point?
  • Sponsored links:

• drewman said:

clive said:

Haha

No. But it COULD have happened last season. So it COULD happen this one. You’re talking like we’re not even in the league below the PL or something!! If we was languishing around the third tier and came out with a statement like that I’d agree it was daft. Look at the likes of Huddersfield. Unfancied teams HAVE made the PL in the past. I think every team who plan on competing in the championship should have a ground ready for the PL.

• drewman said:

clive said:

Haha

as much as it pains me to say you're right. I don't know if your squad has changed that much but I read a piece by Harris the other day in the sub standard and he suggested not a lot of player changes have happened over the summer. If an additional couple of half decent players can be found (you might have already found them) then I don't see why you cant look up to the premier league. you have to be ambitious otherwise what's the point?
    Exactly

• drewman said:

clive said:

Haha

No. But it COULD have happened last season. So it COULD happen this one. You’re talking like we’re not even in the league below the PL or something!! If we was languishing around the third tier and came out with a statement like that I’d agree it was daft. Look at the likes of Huddersfield. Unfancied teams HAVE made the PL in the past. I think every team who plan on competing in the championship should have a ground ready for the PL.

We COULD be champions of League 1 this season and we COULD win the FA and League Cups to make a perfect treble.
  • Treble, lets go for the quadruple and win the Checkatrade.
  • bobmunro said:

drewman said:

clive said:

Haha

We COULD be champions of League 1 this season and we COULD win the FA and League Cups to make a perfect treble.
    Poor comparison. You could quite easily get promoted if you nicked a play off spot.
  • clubs best ever finish 8th in the championship next stop challenging man city for the title with super Neil Harris.
  • Unfortunately i can see them around the play offs again this season, more likely than relegation worries. Close thread for a season please, re-open it when they get bashed in the playoffs.
  • Just Turned down a £6 million for Saville from boro.
  • edited August 2018

clubs best ever finish 8th in the championship next stop challenging man city for the title with super Neil Harris.

We’ve finished top of this league. Our highest ever finish is 10th in the top flight.
  • Just Turned down a £6 million for Saville from boro.

Just Turned down a £6 million for Saville from boro.

i do find it bizarre that you post millwalls transfer dealings on a charlton forum - you call us trainspotters and sad cases yet i have never ventured onto a millwall forum.