Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Millwall Watch

Comments

• Harris out!!

Holloway is available.
    My unexplainable twitch is back with a vengeance.
  • Judging by Harris's comment about not doing much away from home, i see that 3 of next 4 are away with just the home game against Hull - if they dont win that then will almost certainly be in bottom 3 by xmas.

• edited November 2018

Judging by Harris's comment about not doing much away from home, i see that 3 of next 4 are away with just the home game against Hull - if they dont win that then will almost certainly be in bottom 3 by xmas.

We don't take away games seriously until the New Year.

We'll then surge up the table, much to the bemusement of others.
  • You're going down with the Ipswich.
  • Are Millwall fans spreading across Europe?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-46417930
  • edited December 2018
    Decent point that. Big games coming up against Hull and Preston Think they might win both of those.
  • Not looking too clever for the Spanners right now.

Back into the relegation zone tonight.

Bolton home, Birmingham home, Bristol city away, Hull home, Preston away. 5 supposedly 'easier' games and they managed 0 wins and just 3 points.
  • Sponsored links:

• Actually getting a bit worried now. This transfer window is going to be a massive one for us. Apparently Harris has a few quid to spend.
  • Actually getting a bit worried now. This transfer window is going to be a massive one for us. Apparently Harris has a few quid to spend.

Hope for your sake he spends it better than he did on Bradshaw and Skalak then. Over 20 appearances between them...........0 goals. And now Bradshaw is injured.
  • Been really unlucky with injuries
  • Played 11 away games this season.

Lost 8. Drawn 3.

Won 0.
  • Worst away record of all 72 clubs in the football league
  • Good win for Ipswich as well yesterday....as all the teams directly above them lost.
  • What with the Stripey Shite finding themselves above three teams of one legged blind arse kickers AGAIN, the Spanners could be the real deal this year. Let em come...
  • Sponsored links:

• Spanner’s are scoring goals which means at some point they will nick some wins. Sadly I think they will be alright.
  • I think Millwall will survive, though it will be closer than last season. Bolton may well be facing admin soon as the owner is paying himself a nice fat salary but struggling to find the money for the players wage packets. It looks like all the dosh he claimed he was going to invest is not really there (sounding familiar).
    Can't see Berylson doing the same, think they'll survive. Ipswich due to go down, Bolton going into admin or maybe even wound up, that means they only have to be better than one other team. They will be.
  • rananegra said:

I think Millwall will survive, though it will be closer than last season. Bolton may well be facing admin soon as the owner is paying himself a nice fat salary but struggling to find the money for the players wage packets. It looks like all the dosh he claimed he was going to invest is not really there (sounding familiar).
    Can't see Berylson doing the same, think they'll survive. Ipswich due to go down, Bolton going into admin or maybe even wound up, that means they only have to be better than one other team. They will be.

Well it will be closer than last season. Last season they just dipped out of a playoff spot.
  • Millwall need to score more. If only they had a consistent goal scorer who came up through their academy...
  • Should I be offended that we don't even warrant a mention, or relieved that they haven't publicised our dismal record against the spanners?

• MrLargo said:

Should I be offended that we don't even warrant a mention, or relieved that they haven't publicised our dismal record against the spanners?

We're only at 10 games, so not even top three.
  • edited December 2018

Unusual experience being pleasant to Nob End folk but in the circumstances was justified. Even bought a couple of them a pint. They said Stillsmall played well and created chances, which meant I enjoyed Harris's rat faced moaning even more. "Our season in a nutshell" which is different because normally it would be his rodent face in nutshells.
    I am beginning to be hopeful that they can go down, I met one at work recently up here, proper big hat and banjo plucker from Maidstone who once saw the Shitbox from the train. Prick was wearing trainer socks with a suit. Asked him if he ever goes, predictable answer ... No,, but been to Wembley. Left him getting flak off Bolton mate who doesn't like them. Nobody does apparently.

The irony is nothing short of hilarious :smiley:

And yes, it's very much squeaky bum time. We didn't kick on last season until January so let's hope that we do the same this year :neutral:
  • edited December 2018
    Can’t see Bolton or Ipswich making a fight of it. I think it’s down to one space in the bottom 3, and I reckon Millwall be safe come April time.

However, until that time comes I will enjoy seeing Millwall in the bottom 3. Can’t see them getting anything at Stoke at the weekend.
  • edited December 2018
    millwall will be fine although will finish just above it, they have good team spirit and can get a result when it matters, i think last season they over achieved - the championship money floating about is ridiculous we laugh at millwall but if we went up a serious investment would be required in the squad, lyle taylor whilst one of our better players - there is a reason he hasn't played higher same goes with a lot of our players, money is slowly killing the game.

if we were to go up with roland staying on as owner we would be relegated the same season.

out of the current championship top 10 only forest (27m), leeds (4.6m) and birmingham ( 2.5m) spent in the last transfer window the rest actually made money on players.

a few millwall fans i know are moaning about lack of spends, millwall did end the transfer period with 7.02m coming in for sales and only spending 2.8m - so likely hood is he will get funds to spend.

average points needed to stay up are 47 with a positive gd or 48 with a negative gd.

currently they have 19 pts and 72 left to play for.

• I expect them to sign Eaves from Gillingham.

I hope that they get relegated and we get promoted and return the correct order of all things football.