Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Millwall Watch

Comments

• MrLargo said:

Look on the bright side Millwall fans. We might have a much more illustrious history than you, but you can sit in your stadium and watch trains going past on not one but two separate lines. For that alone, we will always envy you.

Depends on which stand you sit in.
    True, but you can see both lines from the away end, and there can't be a single seat in the stadium that doesn't offer some sort train spotting action. That is the true measure of a great stadium.

• MrLargo said:

MrLargo said:

Look on the bright side Millwall fans. We might have a much more illustrious history than you, but you can sit in your stadium and watch trains going past on not one but two separate lines. For that alone, we will always envy you.

Depends on which stand you sit in.
    True, but you can see both lines from the away end, and there can't be a single seat in the stadium that doesn't offer some sort train spotting action. That is the true measure of a great stadium.
    I thought that was a pitch-side sofa :wink:

Nah, we went all Wall on the sofa... init?
    Trust me, fam, tings didn't go unnoticed over dese ways.
  • MrLargo said:

Should I be offended that we don't even warrant a mention, or relieved that they haven't publicised our dismal record against the spanners?

Looks like they’ve only used main rivals in the article. Millwall v Charlton is obviously a very local derby but you aren’t our main rivals.
    It’s not just all about you though is it ?

Millwall are Charlton main rivals.

For some it's Palace, I'd guess if you asked it would be about 50/50.
  • MrLargo said:

Should I be offended that we don't even warrant a mention, or relieved that they haven't publicised our dismal record against the spanners?

Looks like they’ve only used main rivals in the article. Millwall v Charlton is obviously a very local derby but you aren’t our main rivals.

Personally I'm 90/10 when it comes to the Stipey Nigels vs Smallwall - the 90% for Palace is loathing - the 10% for Millwall is distain!
  • Our little friends from Bermondsey being 7 or 8 league positions above their much larger neighbours is just a very minor tsunami within South East London. The tides of the sea will soon be returning to normality and then everyone can breathe and relax including Scum fellowship who lets face it over the years have not been used to such unusual and rare circumstances.
  • Assuming I have 100% of hate, I would divide it as such: Spanners 40%, Nigel's 40%, Rangers 10%, Celtic 10%.
  • Sponsored links:

• bobmunro said:

MrLargo said:

Personally I'm 90/10 when it comes to the Stipey Nigels vs Smallwall - the 90% for Palace is loathing - the 10% for Millwall is disdain!
    Corrected for you as our two tame spanners both got hold of a prison dictionary and have been correcting our grammar... I think they are danger of being drummed out of the Nut n Bolt gang TBH...
  • bobmunro said:

MrLargo said:

Personally I'm 90/10 when it comes to the Stipey Nigels vs Smallwall - the 90% for Palace is loathing - the 10% for Millwall is disdain!
    Corrected for you as our two tame spanners both got hold of a prison dictionary and have been correcting our grammar... I think they are danger of being drummed out of the Nut n Bolt gang TBH...
    Thank you :)
  • bobmunro said:

MrLargo said:

Corrected for you as our two tame spanners both got hold of a prison dictionary and have been correcting our grammar... I think they are in danger of being drummed out of the Nut n Bolt gang TBH...
    Ahem :wink:
  • Left that one for you... of course I meant "at"

• Taxi_Lad said:

Had Physio the other day and was wearing my Charlton shirt.
    “Charlton fan eh? What if you make of Millwall this season?”
    Well I thought, how do I answer cos this guy is about to pull me every which way and maybe not a good idea to antagonise him!!!!
    Then with a burst of bravado I answered
    “Bleeding hilarious!! Can’t wait to swap places next season and get things back to normal “
    He looked at me and smiled “yeah, couldn’t agree more “
    Turns out he was Charlton too

So he saw you was a fellow Charlton fan and the first he asked you was about Millwall?

• Couldn't have been a Millwall fan, because as the song says 'no one likes us' so why ask a question you already know the answer to unless you're stupid?
    Yeah could've been a Millwall fan thinking about it.
  • Taxi_Lad said:

Had Physio the other day and was wearing my Charlton shirt.
    “Charlton fan eh? What if you make of Millwall this season?”
    Well I thought, how do I answer cos this guy is about to pull me every which way and maybe not a good idea to antagonise him!!!!
    Then with a burst of bravado I answered
    “Bleeding hilarious!! Can’t wait to swap places next season and get things back to normal “
    He looked at me and smiled “yeah, couldn’t agree more “
    Turns out he was Charlton too

So he saw you was a fellow Charlton fan and the first he asked you was about Millwall?

I guess he was toying with me?? Thinking about it I should’ve known he wasn’t Wall cos to be a qualified Physio requires a level of intelligence rarely found in or around the New Den :smiley:
  • Heading off to the bet365 Stadium - might give me a better idea whether or not they'll have their Cup Final again next season!
  • Sponsored links:

• bobmunro said:

Heading off to the bet365 Stadium - might give me a better idea whether or not they'll have their Cup Final again next season!

Cheer the Stokeies on until you're hoarse!
  • Another defeat for the Spanners.

Luckily for them though, Reading, Rotherham and Bolton also lost. Wigan are in freefall as well.

Millwall v Reading on boxing day.
  • edited December 2018
    Millwalls season could be decided over Christmas. Next four games are :

Reading H
    Forest H
    Ipswich A
    Hull City H

Three at home and three against struggling opposition.

• It was a very poor game between two very average sides. Stoke probably just deserved it but Millwall look like a side that will continue to struggle.

Their only hope is that there are three worse teams, which is very likely.
  • Millwalls season could be decided over Christmas. Next four games are :

Reading H
    Forest H
    Ipswich A
    Hull City H

The hull game is a Cup game
  • Millwalls season could be decided over Christmas. Next four games are :

Reading H
    Forest H
    Ipswich A
    Hull City H

The hull game is a Cup game
    Thanks. Think there should be at least six points there.

• edited December 2018
    All good but disappointed that basket cases Bolton in same division taking up a space. The sweet sound of Herbivore Harris bemoaning a penalty not given. A deserved penalty, a penalty that could of salvaged a point, a penalty that any reasonable person could clearly unfailingly see was a definite spot kick and no doubt whatsoever about it. Nutshell Neil will be chewing this defeat over furiously.
  • All good but disappointed that basket cases Bolton in same division taking up a space. The sweet sound of Herbivore Harris bemoaning a penalty not given. A deserved penalty, a penalty that could of salvaged a point, a penalty that any reasonable person could clearly unfailingly see was a definite spot kick and no doubt whatsoever about it. Nutshell Neil will be chewing this defeat over furiously.

West Ham weren't he...
  • The sweet sound of Herbivore Harris bemoaning a penalty not given. A deserved penalty, a penalty that could of salvaged a point, a penalty that any reasonable person could clearly unfailingly see was a definite spot kick and no doubt whatsoever about it. Nutshell Neil will be chewing this defeat over furiously.

Shocking.

😂
  • bobmunro said:

It was a very poor game between two very average sides. Stoke probably just deserved it but Millwall look like a side that will continue to struggle.

Their only hope is that there are three worse teams, which is very likely.

Are Stoke good enough to challenge the top 2?