Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Millwall Watch

Comments

• hawksmoor said:

People are massively over complicating it on here. It's quite simple, if you gained points in the match where you fielded an ineligible player you lose those points. If you lost the game, there was obviously no advantage in fielding that player and there were no points gained, so you just get a fine for being idiots. It really is that simple.

But it does get complicated because teams have been deducted points after losing the game and as Blackpool were only issued with a fine it really isn't as clear cut as you make it sound.

Blackpool only got a fine rather than points deduction because they lost the game. That is consistent with @MillwallFan 's reasoning.
    Either last season or the season before Torquay were deducted a point for fielding an ineligible player despite losing the match, the winning team were deducted 3 points for fielding an ineligible player and both were fined.

Im just pointing out that it isn't as clear cut as is being made out.

Personally i think they should be deducted 3 (i also think the opponents should get the win)
    There was an inegilible player in both teams in the same fixture?

yes, league 2 match between Hereford United and Torquay Town

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2011/apr/06/hereford-torquay-points-deduction-ineligible
  • cabbles said:

Mitigating circumstances could be if say the player only came on for the last five minutes and Rotherham were already 3 or 4 nil up. But that wasn't the case, he played the full 90 minutes, was voted MOM and they scrapped a tight 1 nil win. Rotherham will almost certainly lose 3 points, but don't get your knickers in a twist, as we will almost certainly still go down.

Where (if any) do you see your points coming from out of the last 3 games?
    I think our best chance to get three points was at Cardiff and we blew it. Can't see us getting more than the odd point in the other three games, and Rotherham are almost certain to beat reading, and will probably get a point v Leeds so we'll be down anyway.

• cabbles said:

Mitigating circumstances could be if say the player only came on for the last five minutes and Rotherham were already 3 or 4 nil up. But that wasn't the case, he played the full 90 minutes, was voted MOM and they scrapped a tight 1 nil win. Rotherham will almost certainly lose 3 points, but don't get your knickers in a twist, as we will almost certainly still go down.

I think our best chance to get three points was at Cardiff and we blew it. Can't see us getting more than the odd point in the other three games, and Rotherham are almost certain to beat reading, and will probably get a point v Leeds so we'll be down anyway.

Wish I shared your optimism. You'll squeak out of it somehow, probably with a 98th minute wiiner off of someones backside against Wolves.
  • cabbles said:

I thought you would beat Cardiff, and having just watched the football league show, Taylor Fletcher missed a sitter. Objectively speaking, Blackburn will be tough but (a big but) you might have a sniff. They don't have anything to play for. But they are a decent team so if they play to their maximum then they should win. I think you've hit Derby at the wrong time. They are the other side of their bad run and yes, they slipped up against Huddersfield, but they need to win given the other teams breathing down their neck. Plus I think your home record works against you. And then Wolves. They may be out of it come the last day. They have Wigan on Saturday. This is all best case scenario. You have a mountain to climb that's for sure. Just looking at it objectively
  • I still think Millwall will have enough to stay up whether Rotheham get deducted 3 points or not.
  • edited April 2015
    I reckon they'll do it.
    The fight at the top and bottom makes for a great final day of the season.
    I just hope we don't roll over for Bournemouth. Hate it when other teams celebrate on our ground.
  • Rotherham will have 3 points deducted. I am starting to think goal difference will have a big part to play this season.
  • Valley11 said:

I reckon they'll do it.
    The fight at the top and bottom makes for a great final day of the season.
    I just hope we don't roll over for Bournemouth. Hate it when other teams celebrate on our ground.

You know we'll roll over. Saturday did surprise me in some ways but the Bournemouth game is set up as a typical anticlimax Charlton stylie...
  • dickplumb said:

I still think Millwall will have enough to stay up whether Rotheham get deducted 3 points or not.

I think they will need a points deduction to catch Rotherham but, sadly, I think that points deduction will happen.
  • Rotherham will have 3 points deducted. They will draw with Leeds and Reading leaving them 3 points above Millwall.

Millwall will lose all 3 and go down.

Stop worrying people.
  • Sponsored links:

• Millwall are turning their games into battles which is a decent tactic really given their limitations.
  • edited April 2015

Millwall are turning their games into battles which is a decent tactic really given their limitations.

Your fishing attempts are rather limited.

Have you ever thought about taking up another pastime

• People are massively over complicating it on here. It's quite simple, if you gained points in the match where you fielded an ineligible player you lose those points. If you lost the game, there was obviously no advantage in fielding that player and there were no points gained, so you just get a fine for being idiots. It really is that simple.

No advantage ? Without that player the result might have been much much worse.

• Millwall are turning their games into battles which is a decent tactic really given their limitations.

I don't think any of us need to "fish" to get Millwall fans on here, it's like a home from home (that's much cleaner).
  • E-cafc said:

If Rotherham do lose 3 points and then get one more win Millwall will still have to win 2 out of 3 because of their crap goal difference.

Not sure if correct but on Final Score they said Millwall had 150 fans at Cardiff today.

427 Millwall at Cardiff on Saturday.
  • People are massively over complicating it on here. It's quite simple, if you gained points in the match where you fielded an ineligible player you lose those points. If you lost the game, there was obviously no advantage in fielding that player and there were no points gained, so you just get a fine for being idiots. It really is that simple.

No advantage ? Without that player the result might have been much much worse.

What they could've got less than no points?

• edited April 2015
    But could have lost by a lot more than they did ? GD ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Talal said:

Millwall are turning their games into battles which is a decent tactic really given their limitations.

I don't think any of us need to "fish" to get Millwall fans on here, it's like a home from home (that's much cleaner).
    Agreed. The two of us that seem to frequent here make up at least 50% of our home support.

• Talal said:

I wonder if we'll get even more next season?
    The term `Rats and sinking ships' springs to mind.

Isn't Sparrows up yet? give him a shake MF.
  • Talal said:

I wonder if we'll get even more next season?
    The term `Rats and sinking ships' springs to mind.

Isn't Sparrows up yet? give him a shake MF.
    I see what I'm trying to do here.

Divide from within ;-)

• Talal said:

The best Millwall analysis on the internet is on charltonlife, why wouldn't we come on here?

• Talal said:

The best Millwall analysis on the internet is on charltonlife, why wouldn't we come on here?

That you just stumbled across...
  • Talal said:

Talal said:

I think they will agree that they get a far better conversation here than on any spanner forum.
  • Talal said:

Talal said:

I think they will agree that they get a far better conversation here than on any spanner forum.
    The Snap-on forum isn't what it used to be.
  • Talal said:

Talal said:

without my glasses I thought that said Strap-on.

yikes!
  • Talal said:

Talal said:

without my glasses I thought that said Strap-on.

yikes!
    Lol, I understand the the Spanner forum is full of strap ons.