Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Nigel is a errr, Nigel

Comments

• Options

Has anyone ever had the pleasure of living next door to Romanians?

Funnily enough I do. A nicer couple of people with polite respectful children you couldn't wish to meet. Hard working house owning couple that are great neighbours.

• Options
    edited May 2014
    Well the ones next to me weren't. Kids used to spit over the garden fence and the mother had a moustache.
    And the front/rear garden turned into a building materials storage yard.
    Filth.
  • Options

Well the ones next to me weren't. Kids used to spit over the garden fence and the mother had a moustache.
    Filth.

I assume you are talking about those individual people not Romanians in general. You find people like that from anywhere.

• Options
    red_murph said:

RedPanda said:

Interestingly walking to work in Dartford today I saw that someone had taken a tin of paint to a UKIP ad board.

That graffiti is brilliant!
    No it's not, it's crude vandalism and hopefully the perpetrator gets arrested.

I bet whoever did it won't even vote.

• Options

Filth.

That doesn't mean all Romanians are like that.

I've lived next to my fair share of English filth, doesn't mean I think we should all get booted out of the country.
    Exactly. My Mum's neighbour is a Romanian lady. Now the bloke who has terrorised the entire terrace of my old gaff in Surbiton is English, and he would be kicked out by the average Romanian neighbours if he went over there and acted up as he does here. Actually among other things, he has turned the front and rear gardens in to a building materials storage yard too, and keeps a terrier type dog, in very bad conditions. Everyone complains to the council, who do nothing.
  • Options

Filth.

Moustache? My God, how did you cope? You shouldn't have to put up with that kind of thing.

Working in Social Housing for a great many years, I can assure you that the worst neighbours I've come across are virtually all white British/Irish.

• Options
    Our neighbour in East London said to the Mrs recently "Even the foreign neighbours were better than you"

Oh how we laughed
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Nigel Farage has apologised for his Romanians living next door remark.

He said it was a mistake, although we do have a problem in London with criminal Romanian gangs.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/may/19/nigel-farage-next-door-romanians-ukip
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Filth.

Moustache? My God, how did you cope? You shouldn't have to put up with that kind of thing.

I know, its pretty sorry isnt it, especially as she had a half decent rack on her.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Should never stereotype as there will always be exemptions.

Currently have a Spanner live next door, and amazingly not a bad bloke.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I find it worrying that no matter how obvious it is, the cup is never over the ball when you put your money down.
  • Options
    The thing is, many people are prejudice, if they would only admit it.

I wonder what percentage of people would initially be "put off" buying a house.

If they discovered that Millwall supporters lived one side, Birmingham supporters on the other, there was a pub opoosite & parked up out the back, was a travellers camp ?
  • Options
    depends on the price I spose
  • Options
    Whatever you do CE, don't even consider going into the Estate Agency business.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    seth plum said:

depends on the price I spose

The same price as an available, identical house in an identical road, half a mile away, where a mate of yours lives and he's assured you that all the neighbours (of whatever ethnicity, colour etc) are all really nice.

I reckon at least one person on here, will say they would choose the former :-)
  • Options

Has anyone ever had the pleasure of living next door to Romanians?

Funnily enough I do. A nicer couple of people with polite respectful children you couldn't wish to meet. Hard working house owning couple that are great neighbours.

Yep, my mum lives next door to a lovely Romanian woman who is the salt of the earth who's always checking to see if my mum is ok now she's on her own. I can rest a bit easier knowing my mum has such a decent neighbour.
  • Options
    Interestingly walking to work in Dartford today I saw that someone had taken a tin of paint to a UKIP ad board.
    Probably Romanian Gypsies!
  • Options

Should never stereotype as there will always be exemptions.

Currently have a Spanner live next door, and amazingly not a bad bloke.

Has he threatened you into saying that?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    To be honest, Nigel was always going to be targeted for bringing up the immigration debate.

Most QTs seem to turn into such vile debates. No one seems to want to debate an issue which is relevant. Some countries have their own individual policies, Oz, USA and UK. From my understanding, Nigel wants a work permit based system. Does anyone believe this system is feasible?? I think it's great how multi cultural we are, and immigration has helped us tremendously. However, should we have better control?

I don't agree with Nigel on everything, but at least he is tackling the problem head on...
  • Options

Probably Romanian Gypsies!

This one? Good on 'em.

• Options
    Even the Sun is sticking the boot in.

• Options

How anyone can vote for milliband to lead them is beyond me

The guy just doesn't seem to be a credible leader

Cameron has his faults but as a leader of the party you can understand why

But can you imagine ed milliband as pm

Jesus Christ Putin wouldn't think twice before invading

Why would Putin want to invade Britain?
  • Options

Stringfellows.

• Options

Addickted said:

Filth.

I know, its pretty sorry isnt it, especially as she had a half decent rack on her.

• Options
    edited May 2014

The thing is, many people are prejudice, if they would only admit it.

I wonder what percentage of people would initially be "put off" buying a house.

If they discovered that Millwall supporters lived one side, Birmingham supporters on the other, there was a pub opoosite & parked up out the back, was a travellers camp ?

I was brought up in a village where travellers were camped. I was personally threatened at knife point by one of them.

I don't judge all travellers by that one individual.

We have a Brazilian neighbour. He has personally been racially abused by a scumbag English thug and bully who lives in our Close who has made the lives of those who live next door to him (thankfully not us) hell.

He doesn't say anything to me as I am fairly big but he picked on the foreigner who is small. I told my Brazilian neighbour to call me if he does this again. They called the Police who arested him and charged him.

It's not ethnicity or nationality that counts, it's what kind of person you are.

I am sure UKIP will do well. Giving the establishment a bloody nose is no bad thing. I won't ever be voting for them.

• Options

Isn't Putin the leader Farage most admires? And doesn't he also regularly appear on Russian TV criticising western politicians?
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Because if milliband was in charge of this country then we would look as week and vulnerable just like Putin likes to exploit

Not a statement of fact that Putin would