Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

RUMOURs - Shiny and new - Spring/Summer 2014

Comments

• Options
    Palace just signed Frazier Campbell and that Sigurdsson from Spurs. Decent bit of business for them.
  • Options
    Agree, VG - particularly the Sigurdsson transfer....

Hopefully he'll never see the ball, it will just keep being hoofed over his head!
  • Options
    Didn't realise Stephen Henderson started at Belvedere.
  • Options

Its a Belvedere in Republic of Ireland
  • Options
    Why would Sigurdsson want to go Palace? Could have done better. Didn't he choose Spurs over Liverpool a couple of years back. Good choice that one!
  • Options
    The way I've read it is that palace have agreed fees with spurs and cardiff,not that the players have signed yet?
  • Options

Its a Belvedere in Republic of Ireland
    Ha. Cheers.
  • Options
    They've just agreed fees at the moment. Surely Sigurdsson wouldn't go there. Swansea are interested in re signing him as well so he could well end up there.
  • Options
    Pete O'Rourke ‏@SkySportsPeteO 17s

Brighton are closing in on the signing of Barnsley striker Chris O'Grady. #barnsleyfc #bhafc
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

J BLOCK said:

Back in for O'grady apparently

He's already said he doesn't want to leave Yorkshire.
    In talks with Brighton!!!!
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

If we announced Bahebeck this afternoon I would gladly have his name tattooed on Greenie Juniors arse

That is very kinky indeed, have you got a license though?
  • Options
    Looks like Stephen Henderson will be signing for us on loan then. I'm quite pleased if it does happen, he's always looked a solid Championship goalkeeper whenever I've seen him.
  • Options

Looks like Stephen Henderson will be signing for us on loan then. I'm quite pleased if it does happen, he's always looked a solid Championship goalkeeper whenever I've seen him.

if this happens, then a pope/henderson competition for the no.1 spot would be a winning combo imo.
  • Options
    Have to admit I don't know much about Henderson, nor can I find anything on YouTube (apart from him getting injured while playing for Bournemouth last season). Anyone know what kind of goalkeeper he is and his strengths and weaknesses?
  • Options

Have to admit I don't know much about Henderson, nor can I find anything on YouTube (apart from him getting injured while playing for Bournemouth last season). Anyone know what kind of goalkeeper he is and his strengths and weaknesses?

I know nothing about him but am 100% sure he is better than Teflon Thuram the Non-stick goalkeeper

• Options
    Had a feeling even the YouTube finders would struggle to find a video of Henderson...
  • Options
    My Wet Spam mate reckons he is very good.

He has Adriano and Jaska in front of him so not given much chance over there.
  • Options

Still not seen this rumour anywhere but here, only seen him linked with Brighton where is Uncle used to play, so I still expect him to go there
  • Options
    Paulie try these.

The Claret and Hugh site.

http://www.claretandhugh.info/charlton-want-henderson/

CAFC Picks.

http://www.cafcpicks.com/

On the latter they make the connection that he was with Ben Roberts when he was at Yeovil.

Also we could have the bizarre situation of his wages being shared between 3 clubs . Similar to Ben Haim he is still drawing a salary from Fratton Park. £20 K a week for a 3rd / 4th choice keeper does sound excessive.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Still not seen this rumour anywhere but here, only seen him linked with Brighton where is Uncle used to play, so I still expect him to go there
    http://www.claretandhugh.info/charlton-want-henderson/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=charlton-want-henderson

Richard J already posted this!
  • Options
    Not CAFC related but read that Barkeley is being tapped up by Man City for £50m……50 MILLION!!!
  • Options

Not CAFC related but read that Barkeley is being tapped up by Man City for £50m……50 MILLION!!!

Mugs
  • Options
    Essex_Al said:

http://www.claretandhugh.info/charlton-want-henderson/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=charlton-want-henderson

Read the other posts last month they was saying he was going Blackburn
    until it has been confirmed that we are looking at him by Bob or someone else

or its on a proper site like BBC or Sky Sports I still think IMO he will be heading to Brighton
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

Mugs
    Who's the mug in this instance though... Ross Barkley for ruining his career by joining Man City or Man City paying £50m?

Before accepting he should take a good look @ Scott Sinclair.. Adam Johnson and Jack Rodwell who I know has suffered injuries but even when fit how often has he played
  • Options

J BLOCK said:

Mugs
    Who's the mug in this instance though... Ross Barkley for ruining his career by joining Man City or Man City paying £50m?

Before accepting he should take a good look @ Scott Sinclair.. Adam Johnson and Jack Rodwell who I know has suffered injuries but even when fit how often has he played
    Both
  • Options
    edited July 2014

Essex_Al said:

Read the other posts last month they was saying he was going Blackburn
    until it has been confirmed that we are looking at him by Bob or someone else

or its on a proper site like BBC or Sky Sports I still think IMO he will be heading to Brighton

The problem with the internet age is separating wheat from chaff .

We know for example that Jonathan Acworth is unreliable whareas other ITK posters have a better success rate . Henry Irving was vindcated regarding TBH and Bikey after the Belgium trip for example. The link with Ben Roberts from Yeovil sounds promising .That was the same connection which bagged us John Sullivan.I'm sure Peeters would listen to Ben's recommendations.

The guy who writes Claret and Hugh is Hugh Southon who describes himself as follows:

a lifelong Hammer and national newspaper writer for many years. Hugh has interviewed or acted as a ‘ghost’ writer for many Irons legends from Bobby Moore onwards. He has great contacts at the club but is in no way employed by them as that would affect his independent view of life at Upton Park. The sole aim of this website is to keep the fans up to date with everything that’s happening inside the club. Occasionally – like everybody else in life – we get the odd thing wrong but more often than not the news we bring will be on the money. We are here for the true fans. Use the Contact box for views and blogs – go to the forums to leave your messages on stories.

He therefore appears to me to have some sort of connections . I think he overplayed his hand about the loan for Poyet story , but I suspect some sort of arrangement may have been made which didn't specify a player . It would be in West Ham's interest as they would have to pay his wages anyway and otherwise they might find him difficult to move out . Likewise it wouldn't surprise me to see another unwanted player like Maiga also pitch up at the Valley. I do not claim to be ITK ,in fact quite the reverse.

• Options
    Another wasted talent to throw on the bench like Micah Richards, Rodwell and Sinclair.

Top clubs buying players before they're fully developed and then not playing them is killing the national team.
  • Options

Another wasted talent to throw on the bench like Micah Richards, Rodwell and Sinclair.

Top clubs buying players before they're fully developed and then not playing them is killing the national team.

Think the Barkley deal is based on them selling Toure, besides they cant spend £50 million unless they get money in due to restrictions
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!