Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

RUMOURs - Shiny and new - Spring/Summer 2014

Comments

• If he has terminated his contract that must mean West Ham don't rate him so not good enough for us either.

Burnley cancelled Leon Cort's contract and few days later he signed for Charlton on a free.

Doubt very much Henderson would let them tear up his deal, leaving him unemployed, if he didn't already have something lined up.

Is it us? No idea.

Cort was over 30 and had no re sale value. Henderson is 23 and if he were any good would be worth something to West Ham. Anyway he's off to Brighton so it doesn't matter.
  • If he has terminated his contract that must mean West Ham don't rate him so not good enough for us either.

Burnley cancelled Leon Cort's contract and few days later he signed for Charlton on a free.

Doubt very much Henderson would let them tear up his deal, leaving him unemployed, if he didn't already have something lined up.

Is it us? No idea.

Cort was over 30 and had no re sale value. Henderson is 23 and if he were any good would be worth something to West Ham. Anyway he's off to Brighton so it doesn't matter.
    So he's good enough for them?
  • Hope we don't sign Henderson. If we're going to sign a keeper it should be somone experienced/getting on a bit who will be reliable when called upon (like when we signed Myhre) and who can push and help develop Pope. Not a 26 year old West Ham reject who's barely played any games in his career.
  • Henderson's wiki page says he's a Charlton player dont know if this is true cos I think anyone can edit it
  • Henderson's wiki page says he's a Charlton player dont know if this is true cos I think anyone can edit it

who plays in goal for Charlton Athletic, the best team in South London.

think the fact it says the best team in South London tells you someone edited it
  • It's got.

Stephen Henderson (born 2 May 1988) is an Irish footballer who plays in goal for Charlton Athletic, the best team in Belgium. Roland rat the owner. was born and bred in a small town called charlton in north belgium.

Who even does this? Haha
  • I'd rather have Hamer than Henderson
  • Don't care much about Henderson come the start of the season they'll be plenty of Championship level keepers available on loan from PL clubs.

Bahebeck I hadn't heard of before this summer. But now I really hope we can sign him. He's played in Ligue 1 and is a PSG player so he has something about him which I imagine will be too much for Championship defences to handle.

He's not good enough to play in the Premier League so he's not good enough to play in the Championship. Riiight.

Anyway he's off to Brighton....talk about tieing your own argument in knots.
  • Sponsored links:

• Henderson is a solid goalkeeper and this level and better than Hamer imo, I still reckon he will end up at us.
  • Stephen's left us to go back up north...

O'Grady didn't sign for us to stay up north...

And both ended up at Brighton...

I guess Brighton are just benefiting from the North-South divide in education standards.
  • Am I the only fecker who hasn't heard of this Henderson bloke?

Anyway back on topic. Move on FFS you miserable lot.
  • I hope he doesn't sign for us. I'd rather start with Pope and have an experienced keeper on the bench/back up/competition and someone who Pope can continue to learn from. It would be a waste if Pope were to spend the season on the bench.
  • Anyone can change the wiki page, but moderator type people check up on the pages when things are added, but until they've checked up, anything can be written.
  • Imoh Ezekiel set to sign for a club in Qatar!
  • Henderson is a solid goalkeeper and this level and better than Hamer imo, I still reckon he will end up at us.

Played something like 26 times in the last 3/4 years. And only twice last season. How can you come to that conclusion??
  • Would personally prefer an experienced keeper to come in if Pope isn't going to be first choice. I'm not worried about Pope being our keeper though
  • Personally I'd like an older ex prem keeper to come in, someone who wants one more year as a player but is happy to sit on the bench. Have Pope in goal and pass on experience, new keeper could help Roberts with development of both Pope and Phillips. Perhaps new keeper could learn coaching aspects from Roberts at the same time.
    Somebody like Schwarzer at Chelsea etc.

.....not as simple as that though is it
  • Sponsored links:

• Trouble is that that type of keeper won't want to come to be 2nd choice and will be expensive.
  • Surprised if Brighton are are going for the likes of Henderson and O'Grady, especially with the money they made from the sale of Ulloa.
  • If were going to go for a PL reserve keeper who is still young the only one I'd want is Elliott. Purely for sentimental reasons.
  • Why are Brighton such a big draw to players these days? They are perhaps the biggest bottle jobs in the league. Get into promising positions and bottle it when the big games come up. They are losing Ulloa this season and can only see them achieving nothing again
  • Kermy said:

Why are Brighton such a big draw to players these days? They are perhaps the biggest bottle jobs in the league. Get into promising positions and bottle it when the big games come up. They are losing Ulloa this season and can only see them achieving nothing again

Money.
  • SkyBet Championship ‏@Transfer_News24 · 2m
    Brighton are set to make a £1million bid for Fulham goalkeeper David Stockdale. (The Sun) #bhafc #ffc

Could mean that Henderson to us is done...
  • Shame I would have liked Stockdale. Was good for Fulham when they played us.
  • Ben Alnwick on trial at Blackpool. Thought he was decent. Must have some issues, the way he keeps getting moved on.
  • Stockdale is a brilliant keeper.
  • Vincenzo said:

Ben Alnwick on trial at Blackpool. Thought he was decent. Must have some issues, the way he keeps getting moved on.

Interesting.

Although he had no Charlton connection with Riga because Ben had already left us when Jose came in.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!