Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

RUMOURs - Shiny and new - Spring/Summer 2014

Comments

• Believe what you wanna believe, but either way he's gone

Ur saying he has gone because someone said it on twitter, nothing from CAFC or Bob Peeters or KM or RD, some random person
    Well there's not gunna be yet is there Paulie FFS. When you hear a
    Rumour of someone joining us does The players club immediately come out and say 'he's gone'.. No. These things take time.

If he is going then there's going to be things that need doing personal terms, housing etc.

I personally don't believe we'll see him in a cafc shirt again. If he stays I'm not bothered and if he goes I'm still not bothered.
    My point was people are saying he has gone, not that he might be going, so if he had gone yes someone would of mentioned it
  • Richard J said:

I should think he has probably gone. I remember a few weeks ago the official twitter page saying he would be joining up with the squad out in Spain. You can't tell me after all the hype he received from the club over the World Cup they wouldn't have posted a picture or update of him rejoining the squad.

Agreed. If his exploits in Brazil mean that we made a good profit on whatever fee we paid Liege then I won't be too unhappy as long as it funds a decent replacement.

If true it does feel a bit sad though that the first Charlton player to score at a World Cup was only with us 6 months.

Did we pay Liege anything though? It's all Roland's money.
    Even better! If we pay nothing for him and then get a fee for him according to FFP we have however many millions more we can spend before we come up against the rules.. RD has shown he is willing to spend a little on us so the chances are we will see some of it back in the club..
  • Richard J said:

I should think he has probably gone. I remember a few weeks ago the official twitter page saying he would be joining up with the squad out in Spain. You can't tell me after all the hype he received from the club over the World Cup they wouldn't have posted a picture or update of him rejoining the squad.

Agreed. If his exploits in Brazil mean that we made a good profit on whatever fee we paid Liege then I won't be too unhappy as long as it funds a decent replacement.

If true it does feel a bit sad though that the first Charlton player to score at a World Cup was only with us 6 months.

Even better! If we pay nothing for him and then get a fee for him according to FFP we have however many millions more we can spend before we come up against the rules.. RD has shown he is willing to spend a little on us so the chances are we will see some of it back in the club..
    In that respect it works but how will the club be able to sustain itself when Duchatelet sells up? For example, where did the Poyet money go? Into the club or into Roland's pocket?
  • Well it won't go into his pocket after he sells the club, will it?
  • Richard J said:

In that respect it works but how will the club be able to sustain itself when Duchatelet sells up? For example, where did the Poyet money go? Into the club or into Roland's pocket?
    Don't worry. Jiminez will buy us back and get us back to being a proper club again.
  • Well it won't go into his pocket after he sells the club, will it?

Clearly.
  • Rumours back on form, get in!

An internet spat breaks out about things we have no concrete knowledge of, which may or may not have happened and involving argument about money we never saw, are never likely to know about and that is not ours anyway...

carry on chaps...
  • remember start of last season everyone thought we wouldl ose rhoys wiggins then nothing happened and he signed a new contract. until it reaches a scource which can be trusted then it is just a rumour. when someone at the club 'lets slip' that reza has gone to the middle east, i will believe it then.
  • Source?
  • Sponsored links:

• colin1961 said:

Charlton had a £1mil bid rejected from PSG for highly-rated striker cum winger Christophe Bahebek, no other news of a second bid.

Source?
  • It's from a very small source on twitter.
  • 1m for Bahebek lol . Like a piss into the ocean for PSG that, we're barking up the wrong tree and wasting our time and resources.
  • edited July 2014

colin1961 said:

Charlton had a £1mil bid rejected from PSG for highly-rated striker cum winger Christophe Bahebek, no other news of a second bid.

Source?
    Bullshit.com. I would guess at.
  • 1m for Bahebek lol . Like a piss into the ocean for PSG that, we're barking up the wrong tree and wasting our time and resources.

Eh?

Major clubs sell minor players for small fees all the time.

It's all relative, like Charlton selling a player for 50k.

If they feel like he's not gonna make the grade and will be released at the end of his contract then why not stop paying his wages now and make a £1m while they're at it?

• The trouble is Bahebeck's value has gone up and he can't stop scoring in pre season. Arsenal were interested in signing him but weren't too impressed with the 50 per cent sell on clause.
  • Reckon w could get him for about 2.5mil but I doubt we will pay that
  • I think this is now all about Reza. Perhaps there is something on offer to move Reza on but we need / want a replacement first. Might be an interesting week.

Eh?

If they feel like he's not gonna make the grade and will be released at the end of his contract then why not stop paying his wages now and make a £1m while they're at it?

Bahebek has already made the grade. PSG will have turned a blind shoulder to that offer.
  • What's a blind shoulder?
  • Sponsored links:

Eh?

Bahebek has already made the grade. PSG will have turned a blind shoulder to that offer.
    They may come back with a minimum offer or perhaps suggest a loan.

• What's a blind shoulder?

I've not even got a clue reading back myself.. a keeper will be next through the door imo.
  • Unlucky Palace...

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/tottenham-hotspur/10979119/Tottenham-to-sign-Ben-Davies-and-Michel-Vorm-with-Gylfi-Sigurdsson-and-5m-heading-Swanseas-way.html

Tottenham Hotspur have agreed a deal to sign defender Ben Davies and goalkeeper Michel Vorm with Gylfi Sigurdsson returning to Swansea City.

The complicated arrangement was struck while both clubs were in the United States on pre-season tours. Other than getting midfielder Sigurdsson back, Swansea will bank around £5m.

Tottenham had seen a bid to land Davies and Vorm in a straight swap for Sigurdsson rejected by Swansea.

But chairmen Daniel Levy and Huw Jenkins eventually settled on a transfer that is thought to value both Davies and Sigurdsson at £10m, and Vorm at £5m.
  • Why would Vorm want to go to Spurs? Is Lloris leaving?
  • edited July 2014

Why would Vorm want to go to Spurs? Is Lloris leaving?

I agree .

Seems like Prem clubs want 3 Keepers these days . Even we had 3 International stoppers for most of Curb's last season Andersen, Kiely and Myrhe.

• We need Bahebeck to kick up a fuss in order to force his dream move to Charlton

He has made 19 appearances for PSG so hopefully he'll want a 'new challenge'.
    The Champs Elysees or the Woolwich New Road? Now there's a PR challenge for you...
  • SkyBet Championship ‏@Transfer_News24 10m
    Leicester are reportedly ready to listen to offers for striker Chris Wood, with Wolves & a number of other Championship sides interested.

come on RD put a bid in
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!