Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

RUMOURs - Shiny and new - Spring/Summer 2014

Comments

• So we all moan saying we are not signing players who know the championship

We get linked with someone who does know this league and we dont want him? - Yes has had a bad couple of years but when on form.. he is very dangerous

Sylvan Ebanks-Blake would be a good signing at this level on a free

So on that basis lets give Churchy a 5 year deal! PL here we come!
    In fairness Churchy has never had the scoring record SEB has had in the past.
  • Tours have posted a team for tomorrow, and Delort is not included as originally thought.
  • SEB would be a no for me anyway as i have my heart set on Delort.
  • Tours have posted a team for tomorrow, and Delort is not included as originally thought.

They cannot afford him getting injured I would imagine
  • How comes they post teams 24 hours before a game?
  • I think once they realise nobody else is willing to pay more than we are for him, they'll have to let him go.

They cannot afford him getting injured I would imagine
    Pretty sure he said himself he was in the squad - so the fact he is no longer in there could be good news ie the deal is done/closer
  • Something significant seems to have happened from last night until today RE Delort.. He spoke to a Tours fan after training yesterday and posted on his private Facebook account that he was in the squad and committed to play for Tours.

Maybe they have called our bluff by including him in the squad and RD has upped the bid or maybe RD was waiting for the Mangala transfer to go through so that he had funds available?

I'm clutching at straws here..
  • Or maybe someone else has stumped up the cash?
  • Maybe as its been rubbished that Zaha has joined Notts Forest, we should go in for him??
  • Sponsored links:

• We desperately need a number1 play-amaker. Borges would be a brilliant signing. Maybe even a better one than Delort tbh, mind you i'd like them both. Wallet out Roland.
  • We desperately need a number1 play-amaker. Borges would be a brilliant signing. Maybe even a better one than Delort tbh, mind you i'd like them both. Wallet out Roland.

"play-amaker"
    I'm sure I bought one of those for my son's birthday from the Early Learning Centre
  • I've seen the Swedish window ends tomorrow, do we have to sign him by then or by the end of our window?
  • Sorry if this one has already been posted (Delort again) but did anyone else see the last goal on this......to be linked with some of the attacking players we have been in the last week or so is pretty exciting - lets hoe a couple come to fruition
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5wOvBSib2w
  • Surely one of the newly promoted teams to the Prem would take Zaha on loan if offered? Be surprised if he came back down to the Championship, but stranger things have happened.

It's a nice feeling not desperately needing squad improvements but Salibur, Borges and Delort would be amazing. If both us and Brentford have had 850k bids accepted for Salibur I'd imagine we could beat them contract wise, wasn't that the rumoured reason for not pursuing Delort further?
  • I've seen the Swedish window ends tomorrow, do we have to sign him by then or by the end of our window?

End of our Window
  • Utter utter shite. A whole week of b*******t for f*** all..
  • edited August 2014

Just because he's played in the championship doesn't mean he's what we need.

He's injury prone and I'm pretty sure he's past it.

Are you joking? He hasn't just played a game has he.

He has got a track record of playing and scoring goals in this league.

Form is temporary class is permanant
  • Do brentford have access to our European scouting network?? Or are they bidding for anyone we bid for?
  • edited August 2014
    Madz said:

So we all moan saying we are not signing players who know the championship

We get linked with someone who does know this league and we dont want him? - Yes has had a bad couple of years but when on form.. he is very dangerous

Ladies and gentlemen.. The most stupidest comment ever on Charlton life.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2014

Madz said:

Ladies and gentlemen.. The most stupidest comment ever on Charlton life.

It's "the stupidest" or "the most stupid".

I'll accept either of those. It was only a f*****g joke anyway.
  • Bit out of the loop in Spain - is Delort thing dead ?
  • PL54 said:

Bit out of the loop in Spain - is Delort thing dead ?

Nobody really seems to know, both teams supposed to still be negotiating.
  • PL54 said:

Bit out of the loop in Spain - is Delort thing dead ?

It's alleged we've offered £2M & they want £3M.
  • edited August 2014
    As far as SEB goes. If he's still fit/good enough to play Championship football.
    Why did Mick McCarthy/Ipswich release him ?
    I presume because they don't think he's good enough, for whatever reason.
  • We are trying to do a Southampton and clearly Brentford want to do a Charlton hence the competition for players
  • edited August 2014
    SEB would be a good addition to our squad. He may not be able to last the whole game so use him as a sub & bring him on with 15 mins to go..........better option than Harriott doing that role IMHO.
  • I would use him as a sweeper.
  • As far as SEB goes. If he's still fit/good enough to play Championship football.
    Why did Mick McCarthy/Ipswich release him ?
    I presume because they don't think he's good enough, for whatever reason.

Or perhaps they need those wages to be spent elsewhere in the team as more of a priority. There are more reasons to not retain someone other than not being good enough.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!