Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

RUMOURs - Shiny and new - Spring/Summer 2014

Comments

• Do Ipswich have the greatest of Strikers themselves..? - Like Charlton Id always say that its a position they're lacking in so for them to release SEB if he's really that good must be saying something.

The fact McCarthy managed him whilst he was at Wolves (the high point of his career) and has now released him at Ipswich says he's no where near as good as he used to be

Precisely. Nail on head.
  • I would use him as a sweeper.

I would use him as a waste disposal unit
  • sam3110 said:

I would use him as a sweeper.

I would use him as a waste disposal unit
    Bored.
  • As far as SEB goes. If he's still fit/good enough to play Championship football.
    Why did Mick McCarthy/Ipswich release him ?
    I presume because they don't think he's good enough, for whatever reason.

I think McCarthy said they had to let some players go to comply with FFP
  • @PL54‌ whereabouts in Spain are you? Currently in Majorca myself.

• PL54 said:

Bit out of the loop in Spain - is Delort thing dead ?

Tours have raised a Brentford rumour and a midweek appearance and Charlton have met that with a Sylvan Ebanks Banks interest rumour of their own. Tours need the money. Charlton want the striker. Delort is likely getting a bit pissed off. Charlton supporters have stopped thinking it is going to happen and have stopped bothering with it.
  • TravHouse said:

Apologies if people are getting bored of the Delort saga but a little update..

Been trolling the Tours forums and this is what seems to have come up:

Delort told the Tours coach, Pantaloni, that he wanted to play if he wasn't been sold immediately. The coach agreed and Delort went and announced that he would be in the matchday squad for the midweek games.

The Tours President rejected this request to play on the grounds that he did not want Delort to get injured and hamper a potential move. This has apparently made the coach extremely angry as obviously he cant play his star player. He is going on a sports show/talkshow in the morning apparently..

The situation as it stands...

You have a pissed off manager, an upset player who wants to leave, fans who think that the whole saga is ridiculous and want what's best for Delort (a move to Charlton) and on top of that FFP who want their money...

RD must be rubbing his fingers together like Monty Burns saying "Excellent"

We seem to be in a pretty strong situation here... only thing that worries me is rumours of us going in for SEB

You are right - Delort hype is now getting boring.
    We should be getting excited about the Costa Rican fella. My Costa Rican Blackheath buddy reminded me he's a shit hot penalty taker who took the opening penalties against Greece and Holland.
    Perhaps JJ is going to be relieved of his duties?
  • Sponsored links:

• You've been Trolling a Tours forum? That's advanced Trolling, that is. What have you been saying? "Tours, vous etes un bunch of French surrender monkeys? Vous etes in line for relegation"?

Excellent Frog speak sir!

Mais Oui
  • edited August 2014
    @CharltonByBlood‌

Think I've missed something. Why is my comment the most stupidest yet?
  • The situation for Andy Delort almost sounds the same as when Jonjo Shelvey left us for Liverpool.

i.e. In Jonjo's case the deal had been made official yet wanted to continue playing for us because it wasnt to take effect for another month (Of course Parkinson confirmed that he couldnt play because he couldnt risk Shelvey getting injured)
  • @PeterStempel: Celso Borges not interested in playing in The Championsip. According to his agent. Charlton Athletic is not happening at this point.
  • Logical i suppose.
  • sammy391 said:

@PeterStempel: Celso Borges not interested in playing in The Championsip. According to his agent. Charlton Athletic is not happening at this point.

Who is Peter Stempel?
  • AIK are already out of Europe I believe, so playing in the championship wouldn't be a step down imo.
  • sammy391 said:

@PeterStempel: Celso Borges not interested in playing in The Championsip. According to his agent. Charlton Athletic is not happening at this point.

Who is Peter Stempel?
    Some random Aston Villa supporter living in, or near, Stockholm - he doesn't appear to be someone particularly ITK with anything football related. He's probably tweeting what most of us are thinking "why would a successful international want to come to CAFC?"
  • edited August 2014
    Madz said:

@CharltonByBlood‌

I think he means me, Madz, for suggesting that if "experience in the Championship" was so important we should give Simon Church a 5 year contract. I was being flippant and paid the price with a stern rejoinder from the esteemed CbB. Ouch!
  • edited August 2014
    Madz said:

@CharltonByBlood‌

Wasn't meant to tag you

I was joking around with where'smyticket
  • Sponsored links:

• Madz said:

@CharltonByBlood‌

I think he means me, Madz, for suggesting that if "experience in the Championship" was so important we should give Simon Church a 5 year contract. I was being flippant and paid the price with a stern rejoinder from the esteemed CbB. Ouch!
    I was more or less backing your joke didn't see anything wrong in it to be honest
  • Madz said:

@CharltonByBlood‌

I was more or less backing your joke didn't see anything wrong in it to be honest
    My bad.
  • Delort will sign for Charlton today, mark my words.

Is that wishful thinking or do you know something we don't?

Bored of all this ITK half cooked nonsense. Can't you elaborate just a bit?

6/10 - Could do better.

Would be nice, but i have a feeling that ship has sailed.
  • I will mark them later with a flag if he doesn't.
  • 3 or 4 hot rumours in the past few weeks yet none yet "over the line". We have until the end of August but the sooner the better, if we want to maximise our chances of a strong start to the season. Would love an update from anyone truly ITK.
  • I am truly in the know

No one knows fuck all that's the real itk scoop that all itk people know
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!