Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

RUMOURs - Shiny and new - Spring/Summer 2014

Comments

• Brentford's owner on twitter said they are not getting another striker.
  • Funny how Tours said Brentford were interested in Delort after we were on the verge of getting him ourself. I wonder if we had been playing Reading or Birmingham on the opening day then I bet there name would have been thrown out there to try and panic us into buying him for full
  • Somebody on Twitter is saying Delort is in the squad for Tuesday's cup game for Tours
  • Swisdom said:

Somebody on Twitter is saying Delort is in the squad for Tuesday's cup game for Tours

Tours upping the ante or perhaps we have moved on. The latter I suspect.
  • Its getting very tedious now though tbh
  • Time to move on I think, if it happens it happens if not oh well, we'll get someone else!
  • vffvff
    edited August 2014
    I can see Delort getting very unhappy with the goings on. If Tours are messing around with the price to this degree, then Charlton need to focus on other targets. A pity as it appears Delort is a good fit for Charlton. With this, I am with RD on this. Tours need to do the deal quickly or Charlton should walk away. Enough is enough. Charlton need to find another decent striker to pair up with Vetokele.
  • Don't Tours need to sell to comply with the French FFP rules? I highly doubt he'll be a Tours player by the end of the month and given he's supposedly agreed personal terms already, it's looking good.

It's definitely frustrating but I have a good feeling that this one will be worth the wait.
  • I don't think delort will care where he ends up tbf, he wants a move he will get one, Leeds apparently were really pony yesterday it might kick start their interest again, Brentford won't be involved because they have filled the gap

There will be others thinking that there's a good player there and maybe they can take the risk for not much money in terms of transfers
  • From the deputy sports editor at the mirror!
    @eaamalyon: Latest Costa Rican to come to England could be Celso Borges. In talks with Charlton(!) over a move from AIK.
  • Sponsored links:

• sammy391 said:

From the deputy sports editor at the mirror!
    @eaamalyon: Latest Costa Rican to come to England could be Celso Borges. In talks with Charlton(!) over a move from AIK.

Haha, have a look at this...
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28663675
  • Couldn't they find enough shots of him scoring? We've already got players who can shoot wide from distance or straight at the gk in 1 on 1....
  • edited August 2014
  • He's a good playmaker. Would be an ideal number 8 at our level.
  • Fantastic goal scoring record for a midfielder. Had a good World Cup too. This would be a coup if we got him surely?
  • edited August 2014
    Well according to a well known scout and former Chief Exec & Director at Monaco (Tor-Kristian Karlsen) he seems like quite a good player.

"he deserves better (with all due respect to Charlton)"

This guy also wrote a piece about Costa Rica for the Guardian so seems like he knows what he's on about, a big fan by the looks.
  • edited August 2014
    Don't know a whole lot about him, but looking at that video he looks like he probably has a lot of Jacko's attributes plus a few more, which is exactly the kind of player I'd love to see us sign.

Takes penalties too!

(Sorry Jacko, but time, tide and the affections of a football fan stand still for no man!)
  • edited August 2014
    Was due to join Evian TG in the French 1st division last week but talks broke down over the transfer fee (say french media).
  • He looks a proper player for Champ level. Excited about this one.
  • Sponsored links:

• Incidentally this would scream a shift in network priorities for me. Liege would kill for him surely.
  • Andy Delort says he is playing on Tuesday in Coupe de la Ligue vs Dijon. I think this is down to the Chairman of Tours putting pressure on us to up the offer. I still cannot see this happening, it has dragged on too long.
  • Isn't that from the Facebook page that I think claimed he signed for us the other day? (And seems to have been taken down). Don't think it's the player himself posting on there, but may be wrong.

Wouldn't write anything off either with with Delort.
  • Wouldnt write anything off happening with Andy Delort signing but at the same time just gonna take everything with a pinch of salt until its confirmed on the O/S
  • dickplumb said:

Andy Delort says he is playing on Tuesday in Coupe de la Ligue vs Dijon. I think this is down to the Chairman of Tours putting pressure on us to up the offer. I still cannot see this happening, it has dragged on too long.

If Delort plays in that game I'd imagine our interest in him is dead.
  • A big if SE9.
  • edited August 2014
    Following a conversation on twitter about Celso Borges' talks with us.

Ed Malyon - Mirror sports deputy editor and South American football expert
    Tor-Kristian Karlsen - Guardian football writer that profiled Costa Rica during the World Cup

Both seem to think it would be a huge coup if we were to sign Borges. Karlsen seems completely bewildered that we would have any chance at all of getting him at all.
  • A balanced YouTube clips video, some misses, but some good goals and assists in there. Suspect there is something in this, but in some respects wish that this was totally under the radar until done, if we are interested, as I would expect a few bigger fish to be interested. Feels great to be linked with this sort of quality again after recent years' scraping the barrel the best we could.
  • I saw an article that said "costa Ricas exit from the World Cup opens the door for Liverpool to swoop"

High praise. Nice to see a journalist shocked we might sign someone but then again he was in talks with Evian - hardly a footballing superpower
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!