Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

RUMOURs - Shiny and new - Spring/Summer 2014

Comments

• Brentford just bought Proshcwitz, I doubt they'll bother with Delort now.

I think they got him on a free ?
    Thought I was a loan from hull?

Can we send you back?

Are you Proschwitz in disguise?
  • ross1 said:

Ralls can't get into his present team, why do we want him?

He does need more experience, but he got enough at Yeovil last season. Seems he did well there. He's a good young player who's just down the pecking order at Cardiff. Look at the number of players we've taken on with absolutely no Championship experience.
  • Swap deal with Portsmouth, Jed Wallace plus church plus cash...source, director of a company who advertises on our score boad

Not sure how reliable he is so don't shoot the messenger
  • C_A_F_C said:

Brentford just bought Proshcwitz, I doubt they'll bother with Delort now.

Can we send you back?
    Bloody iPhone's!!!!
  • Swap deal with Portsmouth, Jed Wallace plus church plus cash...source, director of a company who advertises on our score boad

Not sure how reliable he is so don't shoot the messenger

I doubt Church would want to drop to league 2.. might be his level but cant see him agreeing to it
  • TelMc32 said:

According to The People today, Brentford are ready to pay £3.7m for Andy Delort!

Link please
  • I don't think Roland is in France negotiating for Delort...

• WSS said:

TelMc32 said:

According to The People today, Brentford are ready to pay £3.7m for Andy Delort!

Good luck to them if that's the case.

Final bit if mischief by agent if you ask me, or anyone else who wants to try and influence RD before the supposed meeting today.
  • Sponsored links:

• I think the Delort deal has hit a road block, can see him going to Brentford.
  • dickplumb said:

I think the Delort deal has hit a road block, can see him going to Brentford.

Not trying to be disrespectful to Brentford bit just imagine...... Delort has looked round The Valley looking as splendid as it does now. With the chance of being paired with another 2.5m striker up front.

Then he sees Griffin Park which is barely above a conference ground.

The gulf in class on the pitch was already becoming apparent in the second half yesterday as well.

No way would he agree to it. Leeds maybe. But no way Brentford.
  • edited August 2014
    AlexC said:

TelMc32 said:

Link please
    It's in the paper copy today. Can't see it on their website. Full piece just says..."Brentford are making a £3.7m record bid for French goal machine Andy Delort - the striker who was discovered by Eric Cantona playing beach football. The Bees are prepared to splash out for the hitman, who scored 24 goals for second division side Tours last term. The Championship new boys want to push through a deal for the French Under-20 forward, who Cantona managed in the France beach soccer team."

Mind you, on the same page, they also say that Mark Robins is offering a contract to Sean St Leger at Huddersfield and wants Michael Keane from Man U too...shame he walked out on them!!
  • Looking at the game yesterday. There is a clear spot for him in the team. Playing alongside such a great striker as Ventokele has got to be an attractive proposition.
  • dickplumb said:

Not trying to be disrespectful to Brentford bit just imagine...... Delort has looked round The Valley looking as splendid as it does now. With the chance of being paired with another 2.5m striker up front.

The gulf in class on the pitch was already becoming apparent in the second half yesterday as well.

No offence Damo but if he's like most players, there's every reason why he would sign for Brentford. It's called a bigger pay packet.
  • edited August 2014
    Tuesday? TUESDAY? TUESDAY?????

First bloody Tuesday in January is that?
  • dickplumb said:

No offence Damo but if he's like most players, there's every reason why he would sign for Brentford. It's called a bigger pay packet.
    But how could they fund a pay packet above ours with the revenue generated by 8-9k crowds? And from what we understand he already has the pay packet from us. We just need to agree the fee with his club. Hence why he wouldn't go if he knows he can get the same money from us.
  • colin1961 said:

Cafc Harrry .... No mate just feel that it needs to come to a conclusion either way before Tuesday and I am sure Kat as asked RD to have a word ... Their president wants the deal done fir the sake of his club

Are you talking to yourself? I was sure Colin and Harry were the same person?
  • Michael smith once of us strongly linked with Peterborough. Hope we got a sell on clause on him. Shouldn't have sold him in my opinion.

Lots of write ups in paper has manager suggesting he's not popular with fans despite being a 15-20 goal a season man. I wonder why?

• Sponsored links:

• colin1961 said:

Cafc Harrry .... No mate just feel that it needs to come to a conclusion either way before Tuesday and I am sure Kat as asked RD to have a word ... Their president wants the deal done fir the sake of his club

Are you talking to yourself? I was sure Colin and Harry were the same person?
    Hahahaha no
  • Michael smith once of us strongly linked with Peterborough. Hope we got a sell on clause on him. Shouldn't have sold him in my opinion.

Lots of write ups in paper has manager suggesting he's not popular with fans despite being a 15-20 goal a season man. I wonder why?

He was popular with the Wimbledon supporters. Perhaps Swindon fans are just wankers?
  • dickplumb said:

But how could they fund a pay packet above ours with the revenue generated by 8-9k crowds? And from what we understand he already has the pay packet from us. We just need to agree the fee with his club. Hence why he wouldn't go if he knows he can get the same money from us.
    Brentford have a rich Chairman. Don't forget he's funding a move to a new 20,000 stadium. Just depends how far he wants to put his hands in his pocket.

Don't get me wrong - I agree with everything you say. Signing for purely football reasons, it's no contest between Charlton and Brentford at the moment.

And for what it's worth, I think the bit in the People is probably rubbish anyway and just lazy journalism, drawn from stuff the author has seen on the internet this last week. So not sure why I'm debating the point with you!
  • Spoke with Brentford fan on way from station yesterday. Asked if we had sign Delort yet. I said no not yet and he said he knew someone on the Brentford board who told him it was a done deal to us as they couldn't match our wages offer and was surprised he hadn't actually signed yet.
  • For what it may be worth it seems to me that the stories regarding the tons of clubs supposedly interested in Delors would come from Tours. I can see the recipient of the transfer fee wanting to manipulate demand much more than the player, his dad or his agent, who would want the best deal for the player not his club.
    If the French club want to take it to the wire, then Roland has to decide where he is going to draw the line on time and price. If this carries on to the deadline it will become laughable, I would rather it ended soon with a bang than it dribbles on and ends with a whimper.
  • Spoke with Brentford fan on way from station yesterday. Asked if we had sign Delort yet. I said no not yet and he said he knew someone on the Brentford board who told him it was a done deal to us as they couldn't match our wages offer and was surprised he hadn't actually signed yet.

The issue's not with the player, it's with his club by most accounts. As soon as they stop playing silly buggers and accept terms, it will go through quickly it seems to me.

Often clubs agree personal terms and wages with a player before the two clubs have agreed a fee, these days. That was the case here, and that's the only reason this hasn't gone through, yet. Or he'd be a red for a week already :-)
  • To add to the Wallace rumour I've just read we want Adam Webster from them too?
  • vffvff
    edited August 2014

To add to the Wallace rumour I've just read we want Adam Webster from them too?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Webster_(footballer,_born_1995)

6ft 3 defender who passes the height test. Was given a chance by someone we all may know at Portsmouth.

• seth plum said:

For what it may be worth it seems to me that the stories regarding the tons of clubs supposedly interested in Delors would come from Tours. I can see the recipient of the transfer fee wanting to manipulate demand much more than the player, his dad or his agent, who would want the best deal for the player not his club.
    If the French club want to take it to the wire, then Roland has to decide where he is going to draw the line on time and price. If this carries on to the deadline it will become laughable, I would rather it ended soon with a bang than it dribbles on and ends with a whimper.

The last part of the last sentence sounds like Swiss Tony, it's like making love to a woman.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!