Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

RUMOURs - Shiny and new - Spring/Summer 2014

Comments

• ross1 said:

So, all those rumours about Nicky Powell or one other then Delort, obviously just something to get excited about, but no truth

Patience man
  • Swisdom said:

There's a lot of parties involved here.

We have a player who wants to move - knows where he wants to move to and is trying to force the issue with a few cheeky tweets. Not a problem with that
    We have a club that want him, have a figure in mind for him and won't budge. Allegedly been very accommodating to a bit of piss taking from Tours. No problem with that.
    We have a club that are saying one thing and desperately trying to get more out of a deal. I have a problem with that
    We have the player's father who wants the best for his son and is also trying to expedite the process by tweeting. Not a problem with that
    We have a bunch of fans that are impatient and making all sorts of online mischief and generally acting like kids. Not the best if I'm honest.

If it is meant to be then so be it. I personally think it will go through once Tours have realised there are no alternatives and they have to take our offer. I really don't get the impression that Roland will roll over and have his belly tickled on this. He'll tell Tours to shove it up their arse if they are not prepared to budge

Agree with this except for the last line....I reckon, after the obvious last 48 hour stand off another little concession or two would seal it.

Tours FC have to sell big to get in a position to `re-negotiate' their current transfer embargo position. RD's gamble is that no third party enters the picture whilst we wait. Tours FC's gamble is that someone does....and any amount now above ours will do as the clock ticks.
    Tours initial valuation of 5m was obviously way over priced....but a bit more than the 2m (what we've offered) would still be less than 50% of the initial asking price and would be seen as a victory.
    I think there is another couple of days in this yet but go on RD, take one more coin out of ya pocket and get ya man.....and you'll still `win'.

• Swisdom said:

We have a player who wants to move - knows where he wants to move to and is trying to force the issue with a few cheeky tweets. Not a problem with that
    We have a club that want him, have a figure in mind for him and won't budge. Allegedly been very accommodating to a bit of piss taking from Tours. No problem with that.
    We have a club that are saying one thing and desperately trying to get more out of a deal. I have a problem with that
    We have the player's father who wants the best for his son and is also trying to expedite the process by tweeting. Not a problem with that
    We have a bunch of fans that are impatient and making all sorts of online mischief and generally acting like kids. Not the best if I'm honest.

If it is meant to be then so be it. I personally think it will go through once Tours have realised there are no alternatives and they have to take our offer. I really don't get the impression that Roland will roll over and have his belly tickled on this. He'll tell Tours to shove it up their arse if they are not prepared to budge

You don't have a problem with a player agitating for a move on Twitter? What if he was a CAFC player? The way people moaned at Poyet and he said a lot less.

However, you do have a problem with a club trying to maximise the value of their player? Odd, any club would, and should max the value of their players where possible. Mad not to and I would be annoyed if we rolled over to every offer made for our best players.

As for a Dad doing what is best for his son, old Gus Poyet got plenty of abuse on here and he didn't even comment as far as I remember.

Sorry, generally I think most of your posts are very sensible, but this one seems exceptionally fickle/biased.

What will be, will be. Hope we get him.
  • Swisdom said:

You don't have a problem with a player agitating for a move on Twitter? What if he was a CAFC player? The way people moaned at Poyet and he said a lot less.

However, you do have a problem with a club trying to maximise the value of their player? Odd, any club would, and should max the value of their players where possible. Mad not to and I would be annoyed if we rolled over to every offer made for our best players.

As for a Dad doing what is best for his son, old Gus Poyet got plenty of abuse on here and he didn't even comment as far as I remember.

Sorry, generally I think most of your posts are very sensible, but this one seems exceptionally fickle/biased.

This is different - He's told them he is leaving and they have accepted this and wish him well. This is the only offer so playing hardball when there is no alternative isn't going to achieve much.
    They set a price which, coincidentally is the amount they are in the red by. Convenient. Also unrealistic given they anticipated a bidding war which didn't materialise. Why are there so many clubs interested yet none still around? Is it because Tours are awkward to deal with? Or are they just out of touch on the value of this player in the current FFP-driven economy.
    Don't recall much negativity towards Gus to be honest but Dieogos departure is more about our inadequacies than anyone or anything else. Delorts father can see his son has a chance to make the premier league and has also done little wrong

We do agree on wanting him at Charlton though :-)
  • Swisdom said:

Not sure what Andy Delort's dad does for a living but there is going to be a difference in approach and access to channels from Andy Delort to Gus Poyet. Its also different because Diego Poyet was out of Contract and in control so in regard to Twitter, all DP had to do was keep it cool, which he did. Andy Delort is under contract to Tours so the player is not in full control of the situation.
  • I think it could all be a smokescreen. We will announce a new number 8 and 9 against Colchester on Tuesday evening. All the attention on Delort and we can sneak on with another player even more under the radar.

Just my thoughts - not ITK about this
  • vff said:

Swisdom said:

Not sure what Andy Delort's dad does for a living but there is going to be a difference in approach and access to channels from Andy Delort to Gus Poyet. Its also different because Diego Poyet was out of Contract and in control so in regard to Twitter, all DP had to do was keep it cool, which he did. Andy Delort is under contract to Tours so the player is not in full control of the situation.
    I'm pretty sure Delort's dad is his agent..
  • Sadly, I'm a news and information junkie just like everybody else on this forum. I regularly check the various information sources and, of course, now take the Club's Twitter feed too.

I do sometimes wonder though if we were better off when we didn't know what the hell was going on!! It was somehow liberating to simply turn up on a Saturday, watch the match and then return home to focus on the rest of your life until the next time!!

:-)

This, oh yes, this x 100.
  • Sponsored links:

• Any update on Delort situation? I know he didn't play for them last night.
  • Any update on Delort situation? I know he didn't play for them last night.

According to his dad on twitter, RD and the President of Tours are meeting tomorrow for more talks.. We could know either way by Monday I reckon
  • Yeah I would think so, the fact we haven't been linked with another striker yet makes me think it's quite likely.
  • Tucudean didn't look great today, so Delort might be a welcome addition - willing to give big George a shot though.
  • fan on twitter recons we have bid for Yannis Salibur
  • Clermont Foot received a transfer offer from the English club Charlton (2nd Division) concerning Yannis Salibur. According to Clermont leaders, the ball is now in the hands of the player who had already refused an offer from Standard Liege
  • Another winger, don't see why we need him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Why wouldn't we need another winger?

We have gudmonsonn and Harriott, the latter who blows hot and cold. We can't carry on playing cousins out wide either so this transfer makes perfect sense.
  • Can't we have Nick Powell instead?
  • With our set-up there is no reason not to just stock-pile talent. If he doesn't get games here but has potential he can always go out on loan. In a straight choice I'd rather a CM with Moussa filling up a back-up wide role.

We have gudmonsonn and Harriott, the latter who blows hot and cold. We can't carry on playing cousins out wide either so this transfer makes perfect sense.

Good point I suppose, if we do sign him I hope we would get a playmaker and Delort along with him.
  • With our set-up there is no reason not to just stock-pile talent. If he doesn't get games here but has potential he can always go out on loan. In a straight choice I'd rather a CM with Moussa filling up a back-up wide role.

FFP is the reason not to stock pile talent.
  • I noticed that Yannis Salibur is in a twitter conversation thing with delort and a few others

Agreed. Cousins isn't a left winger but my guess is neither Harriott or Moussa were fit. This fella looks pacy and direct which will always cause defences problems. If he's affordable then he looks worth a punt
  • edited August 2014
    He has also retweeted a standard liege fan saying I hope you can sort out the contract issues and join us.

Seems like french players love annoying fans on twitter....

Edit, he has now retweet the article that someone's tagged him in regarding out bid. These french players really are something else
  • Any of our ITK helpers online to update on Delort and Salibur?
  • Not really relevant to rumours but here goes:

I was at griffin park today and, surprisingly, cousins was one of our best players even though he spent the whole game on the left. Also, Gudmondsson, Bikey and Igor looked very very good. Despite a rather disappointing result (in the context of a game in which we missed an open goal, hit the post twice and fluffed a one-on-one), I genuinely think that with another top striker (Tucudean didn't look brilliant today), we're more likely to be looking at a top 6 finish than bottom 3. Very encouraged by today. Bikey and Igor are also already fan favourites. Great attitudes on them. On to Wigan. COYA!!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!