Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

RUMOURs - Shiny and new - Spring/Summer 2014

Comments

• Options
    Think it's all down to Tours now. He clearly wants to come. So they could be stuck with a player who's hearts really not in it.

Ring any bells?
  • Options
    I heard 'Andy Delort' is actually just an anagram for -- no drty deal
  • Options
    All this talk about Delort, what happened to our other supposed signing, by the end of the week? or is it all happening tomorrow? I can't keep looking every 5 minutes to see if anything has happened. Moderators can't we attach a siren or something to the site to tell us when it happens?
  • Options
    We are putting things like that up on the official site to force Tours' hand.
  • Options
    Jimmy Stone just tweeted saying he expects a busy day tomorrow, hmm...
  • Options
    Press guy at cafc. What he actually said was:
    @JimmyStone_: Nice to have pressday back for the first time in a while. Expecting another busy day tomorrow building up to @BrentfordFC on Saturday. #cafc
  • Options
    Ok. So nothing to read into the Andy Delort situation whatsoever in that comment!
  • Options
    Busy day building up to the game doesn't scream 'delort is signing' whatsoever. People are reading into stuff way too much.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    dickplumb said:

@Transferaholic: The president of Tours FC is pushing a move through for the transfer of Andy Delort to Charlton as he does not want to upset the player.

• Options
    Cafc7 said:

Getting ready to complete the match day programme for tuesday evening
  • Options
    That twitter feed is basically a self confessed charlton fan who is probably making stuff up in his bedroom!
  • Options

That twitter feed is basically a self confessed charlton fan who is probably making stuff up in his bedroom!

I didn't say it was true merely adding to the tons of nothingness on here.

• Options
    Thanks Collin.
  • Options
    Oh god ain't it done yet !
  • Options
    Not really a rumour, but anyone else see Harriott and Dom Dwyer flirting on twitter. He's been linked with Brentford too so maybe a possibility we could get him? (Tell if I'm wrong)

What would everyone think if Dom was one of the two
  • Options
    Also a post caught my eye on ITTV by a French Tours fan:

'I think 5 millions is a good price for Delort, but we're realistic and let him go for less, but not for 2 millions I think (because, as I said we need money).
    The DNCG (whose controlling the budget of our clubs) not allowed us to recruit any player unless Delort was sold and the deficit paid.'

The bottom line is the interesting part. Not sure if it's just a misunderstanding but I think he's saying they need to sell Delort to buy players. So if they need the money and no one is offering their desired 4-5 million then the ball is pretty much in our court. Unsettled player who wants out and the club needs to sell him...Roland may get a potential gem for a bargain.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2014
    Brazilliance, I did notice the flirting too! Perhaps Dwyer and Harriott got on well when Dwyer was over here back in Jan, I got the impression at the time that he was well liked and seemed keen on a possible return. I like the look of Dom, and Brentford could do a lot worse than him. I can't help but ponder whether we're beginning to look a bit too strong at the front in comparison with the midfield though?

I can't say I've read the ITTV post, but that may well add up with what's been going on at the moment. It's obvious that Delort has been given a lot of attention, possibly with a view of finding a potential buyer. Usually if a club bids less than the asking price (which appears to be the scenario here..) you don't hear a great deal; but even the player himself is stoking the fires on Twitter!

I do get the impression that they're desperate for a buyer. Would be unusual for a club to be desperate to sell a player who, by all accounts, just had a cracking season apparently.
  • Options
    Vetokele, Tucudean, Delort and Dwyer is too good to be true.
  • Options

Cafc7 said:

Great news. Who's Jimmy Stone ?

Sharon and Steve's son.
  • Options

Cafc7 said:

Great news. Who's Jimmy Stone ?

Sharon and Steve's son.
    Oh right. Who's Sharon and Steve ?

• Options
    Whooooooossssssshhhhh

Shg

Google was made for these moments lol
  • Options

The only trouble is we have no idea if any of them are good enough for The Championship. I think Vetokele and Delort will be but I'm not so sure about the other two. Time will tell I suppose.
  • Options
    Dwyer would be good as long as he doesn't repeat his selfie celebration.
  • Options
    Zoot alors ! here comes Delort !
  • Options

The only trouble is we have no idea if any of them are good enough for The Championship. I think Vetokele and Delort will be but I'm not so sure about the other two. Time will tell I suppose.
    echo
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!