Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

RUMOURs - Shiny and new - Spring/Summer 2014

Comments

• Options
    Jdredsox said:

@Delort9: Ah, je me sens mal maintenant, je dois avouer que j'ai eu LeaburnForEngland qui a écrit mon dernier tweet. J'aime Leeds et Charlton aussi #nesoyezpashaineux

I didn't realise @LeaburnForEngland‌ was so good at French. Seemed to get a few bites!!
    Google Translate has certainly come along in the last few years yeah...

p.s solly everyone who fell for it
  • Options
    Why don't we sign Dom Dwyer instead.
  • Options
    What on earth is going on? Is Delort tweeting or not?

Confused!

• Options

Confused!

No !
  • Options
    Brilliant.
  • Options

Confused!

nope, no signal on his train to Leeds
    Andy Hughes is picking him up at the other end.
  • Options
    When I read 'The Count of Montecristo' I slogged all the way to the end and nothing was resolved. Turned out I'd only read volume 1. Just had that feeling again.
  • Options
    Loads of new posts and all because LeaburnforEngland was being a git!

I'm steering clear of this thread now until I see something on the OS. Wont be back for a loooong time methinks
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Doesn't seem to be any clues as to who that second player is/was either. You'd expect something by now?
  • Options

Doesn't seem to be any clues as to who that second player is/was either. You'd expect something by now?

What has happened to our favourite ITK posters? It's all gone ominously quiet!
  • Options
    bloody hell this is doing my head in!

but Leaburn LOL that was a classic.
  • Options
    Poor
  • Options
    Page doesnt exist... BASTARD
  • Options
    Got to admit had me fooled I opened the link thinking it was genuine. Just chill what ever will be will be!
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    From what I have read and heard it seems personal terms are all taken care of. We met Tours expectations on a fee but now it seems they are moving the goalposts.

Seems it is a battle of who blinks first.....my guess is the Roland will not blink

• Options
    Swisdom said:

From what I have read and heard it seems personal terms are all taken care of. We met Tours expectations on a fee but now it seems they are moving the goalposts.

Seems it is a battle of who blinks first.....my guess is the Roland will not blink

Negotiations played out in public rarely end well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2014
    Swisdom said:

Correct on all accounts really.

Personal terms were all met and Tours upped the ante a bit, poor on their behalf but that's football. This deal should have been done a week ago now it's up in the air, all depends on how much we want him. If Roland is stubborn he'll pull out. Only heard about it all today. Shame really, but now it's all eyes on Brentford and if we sign him, we sign him. If we don't, we don't.
  • Options
    West2003 said:
    People flagging this seriously need to lighten up.
  • Options
    Now up to Andy to throw a wobbly
  • Options
    I wouldn't think it would be announced today in any case with the first league game being so close.
  • Options
    A few interesting tweets between a Charlton fan and SeBlueLion

@SeBlueLion: @Tony_Marsh1980 clubs are still negotiating, on the transfer fee and agent fee. Charlton is one of the options, like Leeds and Brentford

@SeBlueLion: @Tony_Marsh1980 His father has followed a string of Charlton-related accounts the past week, I'd say Charlton is the most likely

@SeBlueLion: @Tony_Marsh1980 He's quite all-round. 6ft but strong and quick, workrate and good technically (take on defenders or shot first time).

@SeBlueLion: @Tony_Marsh1980 if he handles himself well, I'm very hopeful. If things goes his way, he'll be in contention for France NT in 2 or 3 years.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I have spoken to a few Tours fans and the story is quite interesting..

Tours are currently under a transfer embargo due to the French version of FFP.. They have a deficit of 5mil euros and they are not allowed to buy any players until this deficit is partly cleared.

They are desperate for this to go through before the transfer window closes and I think RD is playing a smart game. Their asking price was initially 5mil euros but we've managed to get it down to 3mil plus add ons. We have offered 2mil and are playing hard ball.

There is significant pressure from the Tours fans on their President for this to go through.. They all think that his financial/negotiating skills are laughable when it comes to transfers.

I feel confident that this transfer will go through and if it does then RD has played a blinder here in more than halfing the initial asking price.

Time will tell I suppose but my money is on RD
  • Options
    TravHouse said:

Tours are currently under a transfer embargo due to the French version of FFP.. They have a deficit of 5mil euros and they are not allowed to buy any players until this deficit is partly cleared.

They are desperate for this to go through before the transfer window closes and I think RD is playing a smart game. Their asking price was initially 5mil euros but we've managed to get it down to 3mil plus add ons. We have offered 2mil and are playing hard ball.

There is significant pressure from the Tours fans on their President for this to go through.. They all think that his financial/negotiating skills are laughable when it comes to transfers.

I feel confident that this transfer will go through and if it does then RD has played a blinder here in more than halfing the initial asking price.

If true that is very clever by RD he knows they are not in a position to negotiate so is trying to get him for as cheap as possible, but there is always the chance in playing this game that someone offers the €3 Million and gets him instead
  • Options
    TravHouse said:

Where do you find a few Tours fans to talk to and get this detail from?!
  • Options

TravHouse said:

Where do you find a few Tours fans to talk to and get this detail from?!
    Tours fans on twitter and a few on their fans forum...
  • Options
    Interesting to see that Tours play their second Game of the Ligue 2 season tonight... Delort didnt play in the first match so be interesting to see if he appears tonight
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!