Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

RUMOURs - Shiny and new - Spring/Summer 2014

Comments

• I was told from my sources the Mrs will either be cooking kievs and mash or chilli for tonight ive tweeted asda to ask what she bought last night.

maybe we should have a "whats for dinner tonight " thread ...gotta be more exciting than translations of french twitter and facebook accounts ....incidentally Id prefer the kievs

• And a bottle of blue WKD.
  • I know this link was posted earlier. But I thought I'd copy & paste it, as I reckon a lot of people haven't seen it.
    Yes, I know already. Thanks Colin :-)

Really, Roland Duchâtelet is a president like no other. After buying clubs Charlton, Carl-Zeiss Jena and Alcorcon (excluding Ujpest and Sint-Truiden, he is very close with the members of his family), the strongman of the Standard wanted to acquire ... Tours evolving in French L2, according to statements by its chairman, told our colleagues Sport / Foot Magazine.

But this time, this proposed acquisition is part of the transfer aborted Andy Delort, owned by the French club. The latter indeed demanded $ 4 million for his attacker, but Roland Duchâtelet, who tried to lure the Standard, then Charlton, not proposing that two.

"We were led to believe that Charlton had more resources than the standard, but Mr. Duchâtelet gave us exactly the same offer, far removed from the actual value of the player," says Jean-Marc Ettori, chairman of Tours.

"He took me for a fool"

So Roland Duchâtelet simply wanted to buy the club ...! "There are people who doubt nothing ..." says Jean-Marc Ettori. "He called my lawyer to propose, since we had an operating loss of 2.5 million euros to buy the club for a symbolic euro, provided that Delort leave the club."

A proposal clearly rejected by the strongman of the French club. "I thought it was a joke Liege. We will not say it's ridiculous but it's the least funny ... I replied that I was ready to cede the club but I wanted to buy the Standard for € 0.25, as the club Liège has a deficit of 10 million! By making this proposal to me, somewhere, he took me for a fool. "

Anyway, here is the chance to see Andy Delort land at Charlton Standard or thinner than ever ... "There is one chance in a million, but I do not close any doors," says Jean-Marc Ettori .

probably the most french thing i've read in a while
  • Delort, Delors, Dulaly. This thread has become very frustrating, guess I'll never make a good poker player- unlike RD. Can we get back to the real crack cocaine of wild
    & juicy rumours.
  • If anyone is bored of current rumours saga, just noticed on skybet we are longish odds at 3-1 to finish season 14-15 in the top half. Seems like a half decent bet which might change post Derby and the Delort Saga
  • Update.. Just got a tweet from my Mrs dad saying she wants to do kievs but there maybe a problem with the lower oven so might have to accept chillis offer of using the hob.
  • I think this thread contravenes the Trade Descriptions Act. It's hardly 'shiny and new'. Hopefully, we can declare autumn soon, so that the thread can be put to bed.
  • I think this thread contravenes the Trade Descriptions Act. It's hardly 'shiny and new'. Hopefully, we can declare autumn soon, so that the thread can be put to bed.

It was shiny and new once Malaysia but got quickly tired and tarnished!
  • I heard that the ticket page of CAFC may take the picture of SCP off the header and remove the recorded message that says the tickets for the Brentford match have sold out.
  • edited August 2014
    Just back in the country and another 250 posts - anything happen ?

I did notice 2 threads about parking cars though - I assume the trains aren't worth moaning about at the moment.

Edit - 3 threads about parking your car.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2014
    I wonder how long it will take for this thread to hit a million views...I see it has been viewed approx 878,000 times.

Moderators, is there a way of finding out which user has viewed this thread the most? Name & shame!!!!!!
  • As I am retired and can look at it anytime of day, which I do, I must be near the top (yes I know I am a sad b?????d)
  • Just heard that there are no new rumours...I can't substantiate it but my gut is telling me this is the case.
  • Just heard that there are no new rumours...I can't substantiate it but my gut is telling me this is the case.

Has Colin changed his username?!
  • edited August 2014
    So, who was Harry's Henchman, Joe Jordan, checking out at at last night's match? Not a scout, notice, but QPR's first team coach.
  • cafcfan said:

So, who was Harry's Henchman, Joe Jordan, checking out at at last night's match? Not a scout, notice, but QPR's first team coach.

Will Hughes hopefully
  • cafcfan said:

He's scouting us for next season (assuming they stay up)
  • Could be a Goalkeeper in before Saturday I've heard, depends on outcome with Henderson today.
  • Sponsored links:

• Could be a Goalkeeper in before Saturday I've heard, depends on outcome with Henderson today.

I'm not sure how I'd feel about Eidur Gudjonsson in goal
  • A midfielder should be in soon. No Goalkeeper will be loaned as it looks like Henderson could be fit by Saturday. Also the Delort deal is still very much on. Source, Ketts via Scoop.
  • dickplumb said:

A midfielder should be in soon. No Goalkeeper will be loaned as it looks like Henderson could be fit by Saturday. Also the Delort deal is still very much on. Source, Ketts via Scoop.

Any idea if that midfielder is Nick Powell?

• Think that if George is injured it proves we need another striker.
  • colin1961 said:

It would be great to bring in a couple before Saturday with everyone feeling up after last night and it would send a real message out to the division ..

Thanks Colin.
  • I think Nick Powell is going to Notts Forest. I have no idea who the midfielder is.
  • Since I work across the road from the Bexleyheath Marriott, this morning I was walking past and a range rover with French plates drove up and parked outside. I didn't take any notice of it until the person who got out was dressed all in bling and did look a lot like delort from all the pictures and YouTube videos I've seen here!

Don't want to get anyone's hopes up, it could just be a random french guy holidaying and taking in the wonderful sights of Bexleyheath!
  • AC said:

Since I work across the road from the Bexleyheath Marriott, this morning I was walking past and a range rover with French plates drove up and parked outside. I didn't take any notice of it until the person who got out was dressed all in bling and did look a lot like delort from all the pictures and YouTube videos I've seen here!

Don't want to get anyone's hopes up, it could just be a random french guy holidaying and taking in the wonderful sights of Bexleyheath!

Did not no Welling had the money to sign him, what a coup that will be for them
  • AC said:

Since I work across the road from the Bexleyheath Marriott, this morning I was walking past and a range rover with French plates drove up and parked outside. I didn't take any notice of it until the person who got out was dressed all in bling and did look a lot like delort from all the pictures and YouTube videos I've seen here!

It was the new chef
  • Richard Cawley reporting that Andy Delort is incoming!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!