Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

RUMOURs - Shiny and new - Spring/Summer 2014

Comments

• TravHouse said:

TravHouse said:

Deal to go through this week. Owners spoke yesterday and fee agreed.

According to who?
    According to his old man.. The hold up was RD trying to buy Tours. Now that he can't deal for Delort has been agreed.. Apparently

Don't shoot the messenger
    Sounds good mate , you talk to 'Eric' on Facebook don't you?
  • Isnt this about the third Monday now where Eric has turned round and said the deal is being completed this week...
  • Isnt this about the third Monday now where Eric has turned round and said the deal is being completed this week...

He has always said it would go through on deadline day... this is the 1st time he has said it would happen before then
  • TravHouse said:

Isnt this about the third Monday now where Eric has turned round and said the deal is being completed this week...

He has always said it would go through on deadline day... this is the 1st time he has said it would happen before then
    Not true Is it, I seem to remember him tweeting last Monday it would be done Thursday or Friday
  • TravHouse said:

Isnt this about the third Monday now where Eric has turned round and said the deal is being completed this week...

Not true Is it, I seem to remember him tweeting last Monday it would be done Thursday or Friday
    No he said talks between the two Presidents would take place Thur or Fri...
  • If we have supposed to have already agreed terms with the player and in the latest information also withTours then I can't see why it cannot be completed today or latest tomorrow.

I don't see this one completing now. We would be foolish to allow this to roll on until the last day of the window when at the last moment we could lose out. The only way I see us allowing that is if we will sign Delort and if not just go with what we have until January or get a prem loan. In other words him or nothing.

Personally I wouldn't be too disappointed if we pulled out now leaving Tours in the brown stuff. Surprised RD has let this go on.
  • Maybe RD is letting it run to the deadline so he can withdraw the offer for Delort at the last hour and buy the club instead. :-)
  • @DELORT1960: a few details yet has set between the 2 Clubs. For Andy everything is ok.
  • Sponsored links:

• Maybe RD is letting it run to the deadline so he can withdraw the offer for Delort at the last hour and buy the club instead. :-)

You might have something there Callum.
  • Perhaps RD is going to wait until the last minute and then reduce the offer. What could Tours do, if there are no other offers on the table?
  • It took until mid July to sign Ben Haim and Tucudean from a club with the same owner. I don't see how this has "dragged on too long", or that there's "no chance it'll happen". We were also linked with Salibur since about the 9th August. Today after about 10 days apparently he has turned us down.

Could go either way. Pretty sure he won't be a Tours player by the time the window closes though.
  • We could loan in Delort a week later and then transfer him permanently in January if all goes well.....
  • TravHouse said:

TravHouse said:

Deal to go through this week. Owners spoke yesterday and fee agreed.

According to who?
    According to his old man.. The hold up was RD trying to buy Tours. Now that he can't deal for Delort has been agreed.. Apparently

Don't shoot the messenger
    Thanks for the input TravHouse - this is a rumour thread after all and you are sharing what you have heard - fingers crossed as I think this guy could be a gem
  • edited August 2014
    Colin.

Colin Colin Colin Colin.

Colin Colin Colin Colin Colin Colin Colin Colin Colin Colin.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Y5-bznD9SY

• If we pull out all of these supposed offers from other clubs will suddenly drop by, oooooh, a million or so.
  • edited August 2014
  • Scoham said:

It took until mid July to sign Ben Haim and Tucudean from a club with the same owner. I don't see how this has "dragged on too long", or that there's "no chance it'll happen". We were also linked with Salibur since about the 9th August. Today after about 10 days apparently he has turned us down.

Could go either way. Pretty sure he won't be a Tours player by the time the window closes though.

It was in last weeks Daily Star that Salibur had turned us down but I totally agree that deals take time.
  • Sponsored links:

• I know this link was posted earlier. But I thought I'd copy & paste it, as I reckon a lot of people haven't seen it.
    Yes, I know already. Thanks Colin :-)

Really, Roland Duchâtelet is a president like no other. After buying clubs Charlton, Carl-Zeiss Jena and Alcorcon (excluding Ujpest and Sint-Truiden, he is very close with the members of his family), the strongman of the Standard wanted to acquire ... Tours evolving in French L2, according to statements by its chairman, told our colleagues Sport / Foot Magazine.

But this time, this proposed acquisition is part of the transfer aborted Andy Delort, owned by the French club. The latter indeed demanded $ 4 million for his attacker, but Roland Duchâtelet, who tried to lure the Standard, then Charlton, not proposing that two.

"We were led to believe that Charlton had more resources than the standard, but Mr. Duchâtelet gave us exactly the same offer, far removed from the actual value of the player," says Jean-Marc Ettori, chairman of Tours.

"He took me for a fool"

So Roland Duchâtelet simply wanted to buy the club ...! "There are people who doubt nothing ..." says Jean-Marc Ettori. "He called my lawyer to propose, since we had an operating loss of 2.5 million euros to buy the club for a symbolic euro, provided that Delort leave the club."

A proposal clearly rejected by the strongman of the French club. "I thought it was a joke Liege. We will not say it's ridiculous but it's the least funny ... I replied that I was ready to cede the club but I wanted to buy the Standard for € 0.25, as the club Liège has a deficit of 10 million! By making this proposal to me, somewhere, he took me for a fool. "

Anyway, here is the chance to see Andy Delort land at Charlton Standard or thinner than ever ... "There is one chance in a million, but I do not close any doors," says Jean-Marc Ettori .
  • Hahahaaaaa, brilliant from Roland
  • thanks 'Colins,(plural) I suggest this last week ;o)

Something like that.

I think by now we can say that Eric's tweets and facebook comments are not 100% reliable.

Right now it is 0% done. When it is on the OS then it is 100% done.

Until then I don't see what all the fuss is about. It's not "embarrassing" as one poster said and it's only being going on "too long" because it has been played out on social media. Deals sometimes take weeks or months only normally we punters only see the last few knockings.

RD/KM is trying to get the best deal for our Club and the Tours owner is trying to get the best price for his club, don't see anything wrong with that on either side.

If it happens then great, if not then there will be other players sooner or later.
    There is too much common sense in his comment I am afraid HI.
  • Salibur to Guingamp.
  • edited August 2014
    http://www.diez.hn/centroamerica/costaricaca/738932-99/celso-borges-sigue-jugando-en-el-aik-pero-apunta-a-ser-traspasado

"Celso Borges still playing in AIK but aims to be transferred
    The Costa Rican midfielder was a starter in a 4-2 loss to the Örebro and expected developments in the interest of other European clubs.

While still playing and suffer poor performance of AIK Solna in Sweden, midfielder Celso Borges Tico awaits confirmation of his departure from the team towards another European league, with the interest that remains to negotiate his transfer.

Borges, one of the outstanding players tica selection in the World Cup in Brazil, is in the sights of several European clubs and has met strong interest from Evian in France to have him in a Ligue 1 carrying a couple of rounds played.

Leaders AIK indicated that they have not yet accepted an offer , but the Swedish press speculates who first said yes to Evian in France and then to interest other clubs the decision to continue negotiating with the player was taken.

Costa Rica's contract ends in coming months with the AIK and the club must sell to get some financial gain , so everything points to the next two weeks as the deciding to close a negotiation either with Evian or any other interested period."

Bolded the most interesting sentence here.
  • I do think we need another striker, but far more excited by the idea we might get Borges, even if it's a relatively far fetched idea.

That said I wonder in Delort or a n other could be this season's Yann. Possibly parallels between the way Hayes and Tucudean both made promising but not 100% convincing starts to their Charlton careers. In Hayes' case we picked up Yann and the rest is history, wonder if Delort could have a similar impact.
  • Have it on good authority that Andy Delort will be signing for Charlton and will be unveiled on the Valley pitch during tonights game...

...Nah Im just messing with ya, like everyone else I dont have a clue ;)
  • I was told from my sources the Mrs will either be cooking kievs and mash or chilli for tonight ive tweeted asda to ask what she bought last night.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!