Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

RUMOURs - Shiny and new - Spring/Summer 2014

Comments

• I think we need to retire the no.9 shirt. I don't think we have ever had a player who has given so much prior to signing, any new rumoured centre forward would only come under extra pressure, lets retire it. Boca Juniors and Santos did it for the no.10.

alan simmonson ???? I was paper boy in the early 80's and remember reading daily reports that he was going to sign for us only for there to be one hitch or another. Even on his debut for the ressies he came on at half time due to his international clearance being late
  • Great knowledge Col.
  • TelMc32 said:
    These BP quotes were also attributed to our alleged interest in Lorient's Alain Traore - makes you wonder what the journalists are paying attention to when asking questions....... Katrien?
  • Nick Pope is considering a loan move for the season after Hendersons placement as the number 1. A return to York is on the radar and is a favoured club to go to.

This is mainly not a rumour as it's words from his own mouth but wether it happens or not that's another question.
  • I think we need to retire the no.9 shirt. I don't think we have ever had a player who has given so much prior to signing, any new rumoured centre forward would only come under extra pressure, lets retire it. Boca Juniors and Santos did it for the no.10.

alan simmonson ???? I was paper boy in the early 80's and remember reading daily reports that he was going to sign for us only for there to be one hitch or another. Even on his debut for the ressies he came on at half time due to his international clearance being late
    Ahh but he did play for us so he has not been our best/longest running rumoured no.9. I suppose it could have been Baldock or Ketman though!
  • Nick Pope is considering a loan move for the season after Hendersons placement as the number 1. A return to York is on the radar and is a favoured club to go to.

This is mainly not a rumour as it's words from his own mouth but wether it happens or not that's another question.

Would be good for him to get 1st team football but could he not get a League 1 club?

If Pope went back to York or anywhere else on loan, we'd need to get another keeper. Not sure Phillips is strong enough to be a sub keeper for us yet.
  • Would prefer to see Pope go on loan to a league 1 club. Can't see what good going back to League 2 would do
  • Sponsored links:

• Wow imagine this team with Delort
  • He wouldn't get in
  • He wouldn't get in

He'd get in over gorgeous George
  • Delort and a winger/creative mid and we're challenging for play-offs
  • after the game the commentators on Player said that one maybe two new players in this weekend???
  • edited August 2014
    Good job Pope has not gone on loan, could need him the next few games
  • The oracle has spoken
  • colin1961 said:

We still need two strikers one a target man ,,, another wideman and ball playing mid
    Get these and the play offs are on

Christ, thanks for that Colin
  • Cheers Colin, amazing stuff.
  • Cheers Colin, amazing stuff.

This
  • Sponsored links:

• What's the latest on Delort then ?

Ask Colin (a new online alternative to Ask Jeeves)
  • Two players coming in over the weekend. I don't know which weekend.

He was sent to save us, died on the cross to atone for the sins of mankind.....oh sorry wrong thread!
  • Delort and Borges :-)
  • Really don't think we stand a chance of getting Borges but hopefully Delort and a couple of others will come off. Wouldn't mind Agard at Rotherham.

I don't think he will be going anywhere now
  • @bubble article translation:

As Andy Delort has agreed with Charlton (English D2) but negotiations drag between the leaders, the player sees the resurgence Rennes track. Breton leaders, who had made an offer in January (denied) of € 2 million were again shown interest in the striker, under contract until 2016 with Tours. Saturday, his entourage refused to comment, but the proposal could appeal Delort, ready to join Lens before the club northerner is prohibited to recruit.

• Cheers
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!