Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

RUMOURs - Shiny and new - Spring/Summer 2014

Comments

• edited August 2014

Cannot blame him for not wanting to move to Brentford really, would you?

As a lifelong Charlton fan that would be a no brainier but as a relatively young professional footballer trying to earn as much as I can in very short career which can be terminated with serious injury at anytime I can't answer that unless I have the salary / bonus / length of contract details to compare.
  • I'd rather play for Yeovil than brentford
  • I think he would prefer us, as we are a better shop window to get a move to the serious crazy money on offer in the Premier League.

Which is not a dig at him, as if he is that good, that he bags loads of goals & fires us up the league for a chance at promotion ourselves, then i will wish him luck when we double our money in a season or two.
  • edited August 2014
    J BLOCK said:

I'd rather play for Yeovil than brentford

What for £5k a week instead of £10k a week as an example............. yeh right oh.
  • edited August 2014

Cannot blame him for not wanting to move to Brentford really, would you?

makes us sound all a bit leeds and sheff weds tbh , personally and not a thought process I want cafc fans to be considered as by the outside world

eh? if it was us or WestHam (example) i would be saying "cannot blame him for wanting to move to WestHam" so i dont really understand your thought process.
    and really? you honestly worry about what other fans think of us? you make it sound if ALL leeds fans and sheff weds fans are the same but i can ensure you they are not.
  • J BLOCK said:

I'd rather play with you than brentford!

• RedChaser said:

J BLOCK said:

What for £5k a week instead of £10k a week as an example............. yeh right oh.
    Yes
  • There's a long and winding road between getting planning permission for a 20,000 seat stadium and sitting in one watching a football match. How many were at Griffin Park last Saturday? They couldn't fill it for their first game in their first season in the Championship in 20 years. I fear for them. Well, not that much. Good luck to 'em, mind.
  • J BLOCK said:

RedChaser said:

J BLOCK said:

Yes
    You cannot be serious :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• There's a long and winding road between getting planning permission for a 20,000 seat stadium and sitting in one watching a football match. How many were at Griffin Park last Saturday? They couldn't fill it for their first game in their first season in the Championship in 20 years. I fear for them. Well, not that much. Good luck to 'em, mind.

Some said the same thing about the valley and charlton in the early 90s.
  • Wouldn't mind Roland giving Leicester a call and seeing if Chris Wood has any interest in coming if Delort move falls through.

Wolves were very close to agreeing a deal at 1.2m so wouldn't be much more but might not want to come. Same age as Delort too.
  • Jaddick said:

Wouldn't mind Roland giving Leicester a call and seeing if Chris Wood has any interest in coming if Delort move falls through.

Wolves were very close to agreeing a deal at 1.2m so wouldn't be much more but might not want to come. Same age as Delort too.

good call
  • Just idle speculation of course, but maybe the insurance policy that Tours have allegedly taken out, will compensate them to a similar level to the fee agreed; so if they get a few more goals from him in the meantime its a win-win.
  • It doesn't make sense this 'by the end of the transfer window' stuff. What will a couple of weeks gain for the tours president? Sounds all a bit weird to me.
  • The chairman is probably banging Delorts missus.....
  • edited August 2014
  • DELORT Eric ‏@DELORT1960 · 28s
    The transfer will take place on the last day of the mercato

• Sponsored links:

• TravHouse said:

DELORT Eric ‏@DELORT1960 · 28s
    The transfer will take place on the last day of the mercato

Thanks Colin.
  • What is puzzling me is Mercato is Italian not French. Marche is French for market.
  • dickplumb said:

What is puzzling me is Mercato is Italian not French. Marche is French for market.

transfer window directly translated from English to French is "mercato"
  • edited August 2014
    Brentford:
    * new to the league
    * going into a new 20,000 stadium
    * rich owner
    * decent academy
    * decent squad

Charlton:
    * Spent a large chunk of last 15yrs in PL
    * a 27,000 capacity stadium
    * rich owner
    * internationally recognised academy
    * new training ground on the way
    * decent squad (IV, JBG should be in PL)
    * the vision of KM/RD is enticing

Granted we do not fill our stadium, but will Brentford fill their 20,000 stadium with QPR, Fulham and Chelsea around their catchment area? I wish Brentford all the best, for the future, but as a player, looking at all pros and cons at both clubs, as of today, I would pick Charlton.
  • _nam11 said:

Brentford:
    * new to the league
    * going into a new 20,000 stadium
    * rich owner
    * decent academy
    * decent squad

Charlton:
    * apart from one year, have been comfortable in top two tiers. Spent a large chunk in PL
    * a 27,000 capacity stadium
    * rich owner
    * internationally recognised academy
    * new training ground on the way
    * decent squad (IV, JBG should be in PL)
    * the vision of KM/RD is enticing

Granted we do not fill our stadium, but will Brentford fill their 20,000 stadium with QPR, Fulham and Chelsea around their catchment area? I wish Brentford all the best, for the future, but as a player, looking at all pros and cons at both clubs, as of today, I would pick Charlton.

I've blanked our years in League One out of my mind as well
  • I just changed it. Lol...
  • All you people fretting about whether Andy Delort is coming to us or not can watch the seconds ticking away to the end of the French transfer window here: http://www.epfl-europeanleagues.com/leagues_transfer_window.htm
  • I am waiting for the message to appear 30 seconds before the close of the market sorry, mercato; 'the move has fallen through' - this IS Charlton after all. I am really not quite sure why the Frogs are playing silly buggers over this any more - he wants out, they need the money, we are willing to pay it. They gain nothing from delays whereas we can still just give up and try another target and not suffer too much. RD must be very convinced by Delort's potential if he's still going after him - he doesn't seem the type to suffer fools gladly.
  • Are we sure that the Delort sale is not actually happening on eBay? We've made our bid and now watching the countdown clock to see if someone bids higher.
  • After all the talk and all the waiting I hope he ain't no pawel Abbott
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!