Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

RUMOURs - Shiny and new - Spring/Summer 2014

Comments

• If this bloke don't trot out onto the Valley turf on his home debut and bang a hat trick in 20 minutes then I am going to wonder what all the fuss is about. Hold on, I am already wondering what all the fuss is about!
  • After all the talk and all the waiting I hope he ain't no pawel Abbott

Or David Mooney. Or Andy Gray. Or Polish Pete... or... actually, you know what, let's not even bother with strikers. They're generally Charltonised with 0.6784 nanoseconds of signing.
  • I heard we asked the question about possibility of loan for bamford from Chelsea

I'd rather have Bamford over Delort.
    Not a rumour but Bamford is playing for Chelsea u21 on SS5 right now. Just scored an own goal.
  • Delort is on bench for tours tonight
  • se9addick said:

I heard we asked the question about possibility of loan for bamford from Chelsea

Not a rumour but Bamford is playing for Chelsea u21 on SS5 right now. Just scored an own goal.
    Only rumours on this thread please Colin
  • Bamford is joining Middlesborough.
  • Delort is on for Tours.
  • There's a long and winding road between getting planning permission for a 20,000 seat stadium and sitting in one watching a football match. How many were at Griffin Park last Saturday? They couldn't fill it for their first game in their first season in the Championship in 20 years. I fear for them. Well, not that much. Good luck to 'em, mind.

Some said the same thing about the valley and charlton in the early 90s.
    Yeh but we are MASSIVE.
  • ...and in the meantime what about other players we might want to be looking at? FFS my brain hurts.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2014

After all the talk and all the waiting I hope he ain't no pawel Abbott

Currently banging em in for Zawisza Bydgoszcz - 16 in 34 last season. Dreadful tactical error, letting him go.
  • I'm probably being dense, but if the deal isn't being done til the last day of the transfer window doesn't that just mean there hasn't been a deal done yet? I mean - if there's a second hand car in a showroom window, and I offer the guy £X under the asking price ,and he says "tell you what, I'll sell it to you in 2 weeks" and then he leaves it in the showroom window I wouldn't necessarily expect the f****er to still be there. All this means is that they won't sell to us for the price we are offering unless it is the only deal left on the table at the deadline.

That is brilliantly put and spot on. Although the player himself has to agree to the move if someone else comes in with an offer.
  • There's a long and winding road between getting planning permission for a 20,000 seat stadium and sitting in one watching a football match. How many were at Griffin Park last Saturday? They couldn't fill it for their first game in their first season in the Championship in 20 years. I fear for them. Well, not that much. Good luck to 'em, mind.

Some said the same thing about the valley and charlton in the early 90s.
    They'll fill it if they get into the Premiership like we did, if not they wont.
  • This one has been particularly fist gnawing though. I think all the social media shite chucked in on top, the tweets from his nan,dad or grandad whatever. I just don't enjoy the speculation anymore I suppose. I don't particularly give a shit whether he joins or not now, and on paper (or YouTube) he looks like someone I should be excited about joining Charlton. It's all bull shit I tell yer, the world is bullshit!
  • Has he scored yet???
  • irudd123 said:

No

MOVE ON!!
  • Tours win 1 - 0. Here's hoping Delort is doing a lap of honour, saying his goodbyes....
  • Caught the end of the Tours game just to see him play, he was pretty much strolling around and passing, unless I missed anything decent. We've heard he wants to go anyway and his body language showed it.

• se9addick said:

I heard we asked the question about possibility of loan for bamford from Chelsea

Lovely. Sign him up.
  • Sponsored links:

• A

irudd123 said:

No

MOVE ON!!
    Cheers Colin. Wibble.
  • His Kid on the pitch with him saying his goodbyes ?
  • What do you call a Charlton Life - forum rape!

Verbal gang bang ?

• My tea bag split when I made my cuppa this morning. My Filipino maid looked at the remnants in the cup and said looks like Delort will sign this week. She didn't say for who though.

That LEAVES me cold....

• luke1 said:

Forget him, lets go for someone else.

Know a young man,living a few doors away who, I believe could leave defenders in his wake....

• Anthony Raimbault @AnthoRaimbault
    Andy Delort #Tours : "ça fait du bien de retrouver la pression de la compétition même si je ne suis qu'à 60%"

"it feels good to get the pressure of the competition even though I'm only at 60%"

• Sébastien C. ‏@SeBlueLion 3h
    En attendant son transfert à Charlton, Andy Delort entre en jeu après 36mn contre V.A

"Pending transfer to Charlton, Andy Delort comes in after 36mn against VA "
  • looks like a non league (or nigel) ground, feckin peasants.
  • Like that he's playing in a blue version of our home kit to get ready for the switch. Good lad
  • I think we need to retire the no.9 shirt. I don't think we have ever had a player who has given so much prior to signing, any new rumoured centre forward would only come under extra pressure, lets retire it. Boca Juniors and Santos did it for the no.10.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!